Nintendo Wii

Smoke

So I had my Wii freeze on Call of Duty 3. One of my friends was playing while I wasn't paying attention and all of a sudden it the screen froze and the sound got stuck on a loud, ornery whine. I unplugged it from the wall and it was fine, but still a little disconcerting.

In other news, Excite Truck is awesome. Especially with two guys racing and the other two yelling out whenever anyone gets a super star bonus ("SUPER TRUCK SMASH!!!"). After my friends' frustration trying to break CoD3's learning curve in ten minutes, Excite Truck saved the day.

Is there a way you can bypass the region and download games that are available to Europe or Japan?

Nope. However, the PAL Wii allows you to switch countries(Within Europe/Australia) to download games not available in your country.

I haven't had a chance to hook up the Wii to the internets yet, so could someone answer some questions:

Are there any updates when it connects?

Yes, though they do not take that long. I think it was for the virtual console, and you can get the browser if you want it.

The last race in Excite Truck... wow. That was one of the funnest things I have ever played. :D

Now for Super Excite mode. I don't know if I can do it. Some of those races on the Platinum Circuit in regular Exite Mode were pretty challenging already. Do you get anything special if you beat it in Super Excite?

And Australian's have to wait for Excitetruck much like Americans are waiting for Wii Play (Someone really needs to explain why that is to me).

Anyway as for the Wii heating up I've pretty much only had my Wii on stand since I got it back in early December and I haven't noticed it or my SD cards heating up at all, and Im slack so I've left my SD card in there for days. Not even sightly warm...

It's actually a single two-sided plush(The tag should say enough)

Shipping within Europe was rather reasonable, but I can see how it would be a problem for you since they ship from France.

Also, there was a freebie Rabbid noteblock included.

Anyone who calls the console "Nintendo Wii" is nutty.

It's a console named Wii, which is made by Nintendo :).

Note that the other console threads also have the manufacturer name in them, and a large amount of sites refers to the system as Nintendo Wii rather than Wii.