Nintendo Wii

Smoke

I need a new game soon cause it's getting boring.

There are so many great titles to look forward to, but I fear that most of them won't hit stores untill 2008.

Right before I left for Florida, the day after I finally got my Wii T__T, I started playing Zelda (Cube version) and that kept me entertained for a while when I got back. But now I feel sort of empty again. Also, now that I'm used to Cube Zelda, it's very annoying to adjust to the Wii version. (and to be honest, right now I prefer the Cube one)

Wii sports is still okay fun to play a few minutes everyday but I need some good games NOW.

March should be a good month for new games right? Is there any place that has an accurate release list?

There are so many great titles to look forward to, but I fear that most of them won't hit stores untill 2008.

Right before I left for Florida, the day after I finally got my Wii T__T, I started playing Zelda (Cube version) and that kept me entertained for a while when I got back. But now I feel sort of empty again. Also, now that I'm used to Cube Zelda, it's very annoying to adjust to the Wii version. (and to be honest, right now I prefer the Cube one)

Wii sports is still okay fun to play a few minutes everyday but I need some good games NOW.

March should be a good month for new games right? Is there any place that has an accurate release list?

Here is a list IGN compiled of the upcoming Wii games for Winter. It doesn't look too bad, and I guess there are some good diversions until Mario Galaxy and Prime 3 come out. Also, honestly I don't expect it to be good, but dammit I wanna try Sonic and The Secret Rings! At the very least, it looks a lot better than the Sonic on 360 and PS3 in terms of gameplay IMO.

EDIT:

Regarding the woman that died at that radio contest...

The broadcast from the station, before the contest, and how many times they either had people warn them, or they knew about the death from the fraternity.

They even joked about one man looking sick, and asking each other if he had signed the waiver yet.

I was glad to hear they got fired for that, personally. In the end I guess it's the participants at fault for deciding to do this, but the radio station was certainly partly to blame too. Pretty sad the lady died just trying to get a Wii for her kids, though :(.

I'm amazed at how people are hurting themselves, pulling muscles, breaking legs and even DYING from the Wii. Amazing.

It's God's judgment of the masses.

I'm the only one I know that has bought a Wiimote retail and brought it home, only to find that the accelerometer didn't register - everything else worked just fine, and I even transferred some Miis on it, but the accelerometer just doesn't work.

I was just curious if this was a common occurrence.

Still wondering.

So I'm pretty sure nobody remembers but I made a Tetris Attack Flash game awhile ago and had a thread about it. I've decided to finish the game and make it compatible for the Wii browser. You can play it at www.tylercarruth.com/tetris.html . It's playable on the Wii right now, although really damn slow at the moment. It was all originally made in Flash 7 anyway so there shouldn't be any compatibility issues.

Anyway, this is just to let you guys know that it's up there and will be seeing many updates soon, if you're interested in playing TA on the Wii.

Edit:

There's no preloader on it right now so just wait a little and it'll eventually load, sorry

Buy a Wii60.

I have that old Gamecube feeling with the Wii right now. Zelda is permanently stuck in there aside from the odd Wario session (thank god for RENTALS). And maybe a VC game or two.

And wow, are they actually aiming to convert last gen games into the Wii? Color me disappointed. Again.

I'm sure Red Steel was discussed much earlier in the thread but anyways...I rented Red Steel this week and man does it suck. I also wasn't very pleased with Call of Duty 3 although it was better than Red Steel. Are we going to have to wait for Metroid Prime 3 for a good shooter or will the Wiimote also ruin that game?

Ive had my wii since launch and now have 9 games. Just finished Zelda and enjoyed it very much, I think its on par with ocarina of time!

I have also been playing red steel and I think its a good game but could of been better in two ways a) if they had not put such an amount of having to move the aiming dot to the right or left to actualy turn the camera (if it was more like call of duty 3 on the wii) and B) sometimes it seems the cursor looses its way and judders, I havnt realy seen the likes of that on other games so much so to me this is lazy coding and not fault of the controller design.

on to call of duty 3 I think it wasnt a great port, yeah the graphics were a little dumbed down but thats not the issue for me, what was is the fact that when you reload the gun sometimes there seems to be a cut out of audio? whats up with that!? and when there is loads of people on the screen it gets quite laggy which interfires with aiming grrr other than that though have been enjoying the game and the controller

apart from those 2 games though every other game I have like monkey ball and wii play seem fine. I think this system has loads of potential for first person shooters, if the control similar in the way of call of duty (as long as theres no lag and curser judder it should be near on par with keyboard and mouse) come on developers out there pull your finger out! I cant wait for metroid though... should be good!

Are we going to have to wait for Metroid Prime 3 for a good shooter or will the Wiimote also ruin that game?

lol don't hate the hardware, hate the game (and the developer who didn't live up to the hype). Anyway, I've got faith in Metroid Prime 3 being awesome (dunno anything about other FPSs coming out anytime soon though).

Got WarioWare: Smooth Moves yesterday evening. That is a fun one IMO. Someone had asked earlier if anyone else felt underwhelmed by the WarioWare experience, and for me that's a no. Definitely more fun when you have at least a couple other people there laughing at the ridiculousness with you. Gonna try doing the pass-the-controller multiplayer thing Friday with a few friends.

So I'm pretty sure nobody remembers but I made a Tetris Attack Flash game awhile ago and had a thread about it. I've decided to finish the game and make it compatible for the Wii browser. You can play it at www.tylercarruth.com/tetris.html . It's playable on the Wii right now, although really damn slow at the moment. It was all originally made in Flash 7 anyway so there shouldn't be any compatibility issues.

Anyway, this is just to let you guys know that it's up there and will be seeing many updates soon, if you're interested in playing TA on the Wii.

Edit:

There's no preloader on it right now so just wait a little and it'll eventually load, sorry

Yeha I remember that... you should make multiplayer....

http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/2007/01/18/104,1169117304,65810,0,0.html

New Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn pictures. I hope the battles look better in this one...the 3D so far hasn't come close to touching the 2D sprites of the SNES/GBA.

Cool. Personally, having not played any FE games but Path of Radiance, I didn't have any real problem with the battle sequences. Then again, I'm the only one of my friends who played that game that actually left the battle animations on for most of the game (the last couple missions I finally decided to turn it off, given they were already long enough without the extraneous animations). I really enjoyed playing FE:PoR, so I'm definitely looking forward to Goddess of Dawn. Still find it weird that the lamest character in PoR seems to be a major character in this new one, though.

Awesome! I took a gamble with the whole FE series and I loved it so much right away! (I started with Sacred Stones for GBA.)

I loved the Cube version too, but it lacked a few things the GBA version had; like extra dungeons, the optional ones and being able to re-play certain fiels for extra experience. GBA one also had more character types to choose from ("jobs").

PoR is still one of my top 5 favourite games though, but it wasn't possible to fully level up every character and all or get their weapons on high enough skill level. If they fix that in the Wii version then I'll be very very happy :)

The cutscenes look very promising judging by those scans 0_0

Interesting with the scan that shows Eddy's stats, looking at the bottom it seems like it is played with a GC controller (what with the Y and B buttons they show). I wonder if you can choose between playing with a GC controller and a classic controller...guess we'll see.

Cool. Personally, having not played any FE games but Path of Radiance, I didn't have any real problem with the battle sequences. Then again, I'm the only one of my friends who played that game that actually left the battle animations on for most of the game (the last couple missions I finally decided to turn it off, given they were already long enough without the extraneous animations). I really enjoyed playing FE:PoR, so I'm definitely looking forward to Goddess of Dawn. Still find it weird that the lamest character in PoR seems to be a major character in this new one, though.

Yeah, the battle sequences sucked so bad I turned them off altogether.

Interesting with the scan that shows Eddy's stats, looking at the bottom it seems like it is played with a GC controller (what with the Y and B buttons they show). I wonder if you can choose between playing with a GC controller and a classic controller...guess we'll see.

Oh wow, I didn't notice that. Still, it would be nice if we could have pointer control. Kind of a no brainer in an FE game.

Ok, in the Wario Dance Group microgame, the dancing one, who does all the moves and not just the ones you HAVE to do? Man, the walking one and the swiveling one are fun.

You mean that one which was a boss stage for...whoever? I had originally thought I only had to do the stuff like pointing the wii remote out and holding it like the other 3 did in front of me, but I failed the first time cuz I didn't do the little dance too. So yeah, I do all the moves because I thought it was necessary :P .

Looks so silly watching someone else do the dance thing, it's great.

Oh wow, I didn't notice that. Still, it would be nice if we could have pointer control. Kind of a no brainer in an FE game.

I agree, kinda like playing Advance Wars DS with the stylus. Seems just like a natural fit.

Hey guys, typing this from my Wii. Was just wondering if anyone has been having trouble sending multiple pictures as attachments to their Wii.

Haven't checked these forums in a while due to TP. Finally got round to finishing it, What a game! To think that the next Wii Zelda title will have a bit more than double the visual detail of TP. I don't think Wii fans need worry bout graphics.

So if anyone can help with the multiple attachment issue i'd gladly hear it. Also does the Wii need to be turned off to receive emails? Thanks to anyone who can answer.