Nintendo Wii

Smoke

IGN has a new hands-on and videos of Sonic and the Secret Rings. Personally, I don't care much about Sonic but I love the 3D games. The impressions from IGN seem pretty positive.

IGN has a nasty habit of writing glowing previews of games and later slamming them with low review scores. They've started taking steps to fix the habit, but it's still there, so I take their words lightly.

I'm buying Sonic Wii regardless. :3

SSX = rent

My opinion is that Sonic Adventure 1 was the best 3D sonic game made yet. Since then, each attempt to create a halfway decent 3D sonic game has resulted in a horrible mess, filled too far with truly pointless story elements in a series that doesn't really need it, and too much rapid change in gameplay mechanics(particularly Sonic Adventure 2.. I'd have loved to be able to just, you know.. do all the Sonic levels, naturally, without having to jump around to all the other characters like they force you to do).

I loved the virtual simplicity of the original SA, because it felt more like they put in a few different games, based on the same levels. All of Sonic's levels were the same methods and followed his own story, all of Tails' levels were the same method, all of Big's levels were focused on fishing.. no jumping around and doing things you really don't want to do.

Now, if they had taken SA2 and done something like that.. maybe made the game that much larger.. or at least let you play any level as any character at the end, for unlocking bonus stuff, that'd have been a lot better.

As for Shadow..? Well, the idea of trying to do some sort of cyberjacking on a level, literally inserting yourself into the computer to do the level? WTF?

ARGHGHGSGH!

Of all the SSX Blur videos I've seen, this game looks almost entirely like a rehash of SSX 3. Why couldn't there be all new courses? What's happening to my favorite franchise? :(

If I'm gonna spend another $50+ on an SSX game, I want a NEW game, not an old game with a couple of new tracks added on and different controls.

Dammit, EA!

IGN has a new hands-on and videos of Sonic and the Secret Rings. Personally, I don't care much about Sonic but I love the 3D games. The impressions from IGN seem pretty positive.

I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be far better than the PS3/360 game (which honestly isn't saying much, but still) but ends up being overlooked... kinda like how they pushed Shadow the Hedgehog into the spotlight when Sonic Rush came out at the same time.

And personally, I liked the variety in Sonic Adventure 2 (Battle).

ARGHGHGSGH!

Of all the SSX Blur videos I've seen, this game looks almost entirely like a rehash of SSX 3.

i really don't think that's such a bad thing.

SSX 3 was my favorite in the series. yeah, Tricky was great, but the third just felt so slick, so smooth...the top-to-bottom races were phenomenal, especially the half-hour one from the top of the third mountain all the way to the bottom.

On Tour was just horrible in that you couldn't play as the characters from the game...in most games, that's fine, but not for one that prides itself in the personalities of its original characters. i'd want to play as moby jones over an avatar any day.

i really think the series needs to go back to the way it was with SSX 3. i agree it shouldn't be TOO similar, just don't do what failed for On Tour.

I'm with ya there. SSX 3 is fantastic. It's still my favorite in the series.

I loved that game. Judging from the videos I've seen at ign of SSX Blur it looks like it will be a lot like SSX3 with some stuff from On Tour. I'm really looking forward to this game and I hope it will be better or equal to SSX3 so I can buy it. That game had TONS of replay value.

Oddly enough, I haven't played -any- of the SSX games, so I guess even if it is a virtual clone of a previous one, it won't be such a big deal to me. :P

But, I'd still like to see more original content, even in the form of original sequels, made for the Wii. I wanna see Snowboard Kids 3, for instance.

Only if it's like the N64 games and pretends the recent DS one never happened.

Haven't seen the DS one, didn't know it even existed. Doubt it'd be much fun.

However, the idea of using the Wiimote to control stunts and being able to do all sorts of cool stuff and whatnot, like unlocking/purchasing upgrades and new boards and new courses.

For some reason, I just like the more.. platformer-style racing games, where you have various tasks to do, instead of just trying to win each race. Probably one of the reasons why I rank Diddy Kong Racing above MK64.

But, I'd still like to see more original content, even in the form of original sequels, made for the Wii. I wanna see Snowboard Kids 3, for instance.

I'd love to play another Snowboard Kids. Unfortunately the original really frustrated me because the CPU was clearly cheating in every race. I had to figure out how to set them up to attack them at the end of every race rather than concentrating on just outracing them.

Haven't seen the DS one, didn't know it even existed. Doubt it'd be much fun.

However, the idea of using the Wiimote to control stunts and being able to do all sorts of cool stuff and whatnot, like unlocking/purchasing upgrades and new boards and new courses.

For some reason, I just like the more.. platformer-style racing games, where you have various tasks to do, instead of just trying to win each race. Probably one of the reasons why I rank Diddy Kong Racing above MK64.

I have SBK DS. Apparently the project was headed by businessmen as the game has no personality. Characters are bland and dull, as are locations. Mechanics are more like that of a cheap kart racer and DS functions are poor and gimmicky. Some of the music's passable.

Just last week I found a store that had Snowboard Kids 2 on sale for $20. The price was a rip-off, but I don't regret it. Such a fun game.

A Snowboard Kids 3 in the style of the N64 games would be a godscend. Hell even the Virtual Console would be nice...

Just got a second Wii today (for my lil bro) and I still had to camp out in the cold for 5 hours to get it, though that's down from 12 the first time, I guess. Looks like the demand for this thing is still high as hell.

Many have said this before but goddamn is Excite Truck fun. It's a shame it's so limited, online play would really be great on this game.

That's the third time I've heard that this week; I was looking to rent a game, perhaps I should start with that.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3156593

If you believe this rumor, Mario has been pushed back to the end of this year, but Prime 3 will be out this spring with online play.

I can't wait to spam "I told you so" to everyone who said Metroid wouldn't be online...we'll know in a few months.

If that were true, it'd be pretty sweet. I like how the story makes it sound like Mario Galaxy was really gonna come out before Prime 3, despite the fact that Prime 3 was almost a launch title. Anyway, I had a lot of fun with Hunters online, so if these rumors are true I'd be looking forward to having Metroid fun online again.

If you believe this rumor, Mario has been pushed back to the end of this year, but Prime 3 will be out this spring with online play.

I can't wait to spam "I told you so" to everyone who said Metroid wouldn't be online...we'll know in a few months.

;_; Ugh as much as I want Metroid really soon, I don't like the idea of Mario being pushed further back.

Seeing things like "4th quarter 2007" or even "2008" makes me nervous. What am I going to play in the meantime?

Oh well, just gotta wait for confirmation then. u_u; But seriously, I need a good new game soon, or else...

Luckily I'm getting old and time seems to fly lately...

Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope that it is so. Do it Nintendo. Go for the gold.