Nintendo Wii

Smoke

Just got the News Channel myself, is indeed pretty good. The slide-show feature is kinda cool visually but it would have been nice if you could freely move the globe about and check news reports from wherever.

Thinking about it, the cat and Nintendo's e-mail mentioned something about this (the news globe thing) - am I missing something here?

We just got it this morning(!), so expect to see it Monday.

Got WarioWare yesterday. Probably the best looking game on Wii so far. The character art is wonderfully colourful and crisp. More animation than the handheld titles too.

And the form voice over guy is indeed awesome.

I got my Mario Kart 64 now, along with the news channel.

News channel is nice, especially the ability to switch to the globe as seen in the weather channel, and picking reports from certain areas based on that.

EDIT: Oh god MK64 is good like this.

I got my Mario Kart 64 now, along with the news channel.

News channel is nice, especially the ability to switch to the globe as seen in the weather channel, and picking reports from certain areas based on that.

EDIT: Oh god MK64 is good like this.

Let us know if it has major speedup issues when more than 2 people play.

Yeah it really doesn't surprise me they left that up either, it's not like Nintendo would go out of their way to try and hide stories about competitors as if they didn't exist. It's just news, and let's be honest, if you have access to the Wii News Channel then you've already purchased a Wii anyway ;)

Let us know if it has major speedup issues when more than 2 people play.

It's just like the original version with that as far as I've seen. The speed issues are still limited to a few tracks though(DK Jungle Parkway being a known offender)

The only thing lacking is N64 Controller Pak support, There's no way to save ghosts now and the game comments that there's no Controller Pak inserted.

Goldeneye just re-invented the console FPS, Perfect Dark surpassed it...

If you neglect the fact that the game was almost broken.

Seriously, once you got any amount of real action going, you were really just depending on luck to hit your target and/or not die what with the ridiculous chop (and yeah, that's with the memory expansion). I didn't own it personally, but a friend did and I ended up playing it quite a bit. It was no doubt a good game, and it had the potential to be a better gaming experience than Goldeneye, but it simply wasn't due to the dropped framerate.

Anyway, it would be pretty cool to get those Rare-developed N64 games onto the VC.

Speaking of the VC, I remember them talking about independant/small-budget gaming houses publishing games onto the VC. I wonder when we'll be seeing some of those idie ventures finally on there.

Nobody should be bashing Perfect Dark. For it's time, it was amazing and leaps and bounds above Goldeneye, especially in the multiplayer area.

I'm not bashing it, but it definitely wasn't perfect, and to me not better than Goldeneye because of the constant framerate drops.

I'm not bashing it, but it definitely wasn't perfect, and to me not better than Goldeneye because of the constant framerate drops.

Perfect Dark. I rest my case.

Actually, I do see your point, but I just played with high-res off most of the time. Hell, Majora's Mask framerate was terrible, but that doesn't change the fact that it was a good game and, imo, much better than Ocarina.

Not sure if it's old news already, but I recently e-mailed to Nintendo Europe and asked them if there are any plans for adding Wii points to the Stars Catalog.

The reply was short and simple: "yes, that will happen soon, but not sure when exactly"

This makes me very happy because my country gets screwed so bad on that area, I'd be happy to use my 6000+ stars and trade them in for wii points.

Sonic Wii's release date has been brought forward to late February. I think that's a good sign. <(^_^)>

Erfolgreich-eingeb-rgert-Sonic-erstmals-seit-15-Jahren-mit-deutschem-Titel-SONIC-und-die-geheimen-Ringe-f-r-Nintendo-Wii-5.jpg

It's a good thing to know I'm not the only one who thinks Sega has run Sonic into the ground, with SA1 being their best 3D sonic game..

I do have some hope for this one, but not much. The hope, is because it's nothing like their other failed attempts.

Though, the whole constantly-moving thing about it, has me worried..

I'd rather see them make a 3D sidescroller, in the vein of the originals. Give me a damned 2D platformer, with sweet 3D graphics!