Nintendo Wii

Smoke

You have 3 lives per continue, but by default, you can continue as many times as you like. You also have the option to limit the number of continues you start with via the options menu.

Excellent. I don't care about my pride, so I'll freely admit that I'll need that. This will drastically increase my enjoyment of this game, and it pretty much means that I'll have to buy it.

I got a Classic Controller. Echoing what everyone else has said, it's very much worth it. Ergonomic, absolutely perfect for SNES game in particular, and wireless for those like me who were too lazy to shell out the money for Wavebirds previously. And is SSBB supposed to include them in its potential control scheme?

Going to get Metal Slug Anthology next week when I have an extra 10% coupon at Target (on top of the 10% employee discount). Can't bloody wait.

Is anybody able to find extra Wii controllers?

I've called every gaming and department store in town, and no go. One guy laughed when I asked if they had the controllers for the Wii, then said no and hung up. That #^@*%!

The EB I work at gets about 3 of them every day or two. Traded in. Still in their packaging.

-shrug- Works for me. I get cheap, unused Wii controllers.

Is anybody able to find extra Wii controllers?

I've called every gaming and department store in town, and no go. One guy laughed when I asked if they had the controllers for the Wii, then said no and hung up. That #^@*%!

Yeah, actually. Two weekends ago, I saw classic controllers in-store and this weekend I saw quite a stock of all controllers at a Fred Meyer (and 3 systems still in stock...it all apparently came in that morning, the manager was suprised any was still in-stock by that afternoon). Also, at Target I saw several classic controllers and nunchuks still available that same afternoon (once again, the stock came in that morning, but all systems and remotes were sold by 3, which is the time I came in). Looks like supply is beginning to finally catch up to demand.

I'm holding out for Punch-Out.

I never got to play that game, but I've heard only good things.

Bumping for discussion's sakes.

Does anyone know a good cable brand that enables the widescreen mode for the Wii? It's great having all the games and all, but with games that have widescreen enabled, I'd rather turn that on instead of worrying about burn-ins or wasting the screen size.

Bumping for discussion's sakes.

Does anyone know a good cable brand that enables the widescreen mode for the Wii? It's great having all the games and all, but with games that have widescreen enabled, I'd rather turn that on instead of worrying about burn-ins or wasting the screen size.

Does that require something other than the cables included? Because my roommate is getting a Widescreen TV in a week. It may be hard to squeeze in playing my Wii between his HD-Gears of War matches, but I'd like to finish Zelda in widescreen.

Does that require something other than the cables included? Because my roommate is getting a Widescreen TV in a week. It may be hard to squeeze in playing my Wii between his HD-Gears of War matches, but I'd like to finish Zelda in widescreen.

I think it's just a setting that doesn't require the component cables. I dunno though, cuz my Wii is connected via components and I'm not gonna reconnect the old ones just to test that :P.

Just go into the settings and change it to widescreen. If you have the regular cables connected and it lets you, then you have your answer (and if it doesn't let you, you have your answer that way too :P).

I think it's just a setting that doesn't require the component cables. I dunno though, cuz my Wii is connected via components and I'm not gonna reconnect the old ones just to test that :P.

Just go into the settings and change it to widescreen. If you have the regular cables connected and it lets you, then you have your answer (and if it doesn't let you, you have your answer that way too :P).

It works. I was using the composite cable with widescreen on for about two weeks before getting the component cable.

If I'm not mistaken, certain cables could actually improve the visual sharpness by a bit. Like how some PS2 games had that effect with composite cables.

Yeah, if you connect the Wii to your tv via component cables, even if your tv doesn't support progressive scan, it will still look sharper. I personally got the 1st party cables as at the time they were cheaper, but I wouldn't imagine there to be a huge difference between those and 3rd party cables.

So, supposedly Mario Party 8 comes out in in just less than a month (March 5 US release date, according to IGN at least). I'm definitely thinking about purchasing it, anyone else?

Also, You can use widescreen even with the composite cables the wii comes with. Just set the setting on the wii and set your TV to stretch the 4:3 signal to cover the 16:9 screen, and the wii will output the graphics in the proper proportions (assuming that the screen WILL be stretched to 16:9)

Yeah, if you connect the Wii to your tv via component cables, even if your tv doesn't support progressive scan, it will still look sharper. I personally got the 1st party cables as at the time they were cheaper, but I wouldn't imagine there to be a huge difference between those and 3rd party cables.

So, supposedly Mario Party 8 comes out in in just less than a month (March 5 US release date, according to IGN at least). I'm definitely thinking about purchasing it, anyone else?

If Mario Party 8 is online, I'll buy it. If not, it's not worth the money.

I don't see the point of Mario Party 8 online. Party games are just boring if you play online. Not that I'm against online, its just that when you play with people in the same room, the game gets so much better.

Considering I don't have any friends locally who have a Wii, and at most only 1 plan on it(plus a few family members, who I don't see often at all), having an online mode for the game would be as good as an offline mode, for multiplayer.

Online, I have dozens of friends who have a Wii, and more who plan on getting one.

But, something for you to consider: Just because it -has- an online multiplayer mode, doesn't mean that's the -only- way to play it multiplayer, as your comment would suggest you would expect.