Nintendo Wii

Smoke

I know, but I don't like games being delayed for online play and I was really looking forward to this game. This was the first Mario Party game I was going to buy. I just hope it comes out soon. But whatever, I just hope Metroid Prime 3 stays multiplayer free.

I know, but I don't like games being delayed for online play and I was really looking forward to this game. This was the first Mario Party game I was going to buy. I just hope it comes out soon. But whatever, I just hope Metroid Prime 3 stays multiplayer free.

For how long they've had, for both games, there's no need to "delay" it. It should have been part of the design from the start.

According to the article you just linked it is still, in the US at least. You may want to read your own sources, for future reference (either that, or you were referring to a release outside of the US).

Uh, what?

The game has recently been delayed until Q2 in North America, as announced by Nintendo on their press website. The game's entry on their website has yet to be updated, i.e. Super Paper Mario, and most vendors have not yet switched their date. However, Nintendo have confirmed on their press site that the game is moved back until Q2. It is speculated by most journalists that this move is to enhance the game with wi-fi features. [3][4][5][6][7][8]. The European and Australian release dates was confirmed for February 5, 2007 (Europe) and March 23, 2007 (Australia).

Hint: March 5 isn't Q2.

Uh, what?

Hint: March 5 isn't Q2.

I'm not seeing that in the page you linked -- are you sure you're getting this from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_Party_8? I read the entire article and what you're quoting isn't there. What I am seeing, however, is:

The game will be released March 5, 2007 in the United States[2] and Canada[3]

Check the second to last sentence in the first paragraph, as that is what it says in the article.

You do know that Wikipedia isn't always right... right?

On NINTENDO'S PRESS SITE

The release dates for THIS QUARTER which ends in MARCH

Feb. 14 Wii Play with Wii Remote Nintendo

March 27 Disney's Meet the Robinsons Buena Vista

March Bust-A-Move Bash Majesco

March Prince of Persia Rival Swords Ubisoft

March TMNT (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) Ubisoft

March Bionicle Heroes Eidos

March Blazing Angels Squadrons of WWII Ubisoft

Q1 Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 EA

Q1 SSX Blur EA

Q1 The Godfather Blackhand Edition EA

Q1 Medal of Honor Vanguard EA

Q1 Sonic and the Secret Rings Sega

http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=11109

I'm not seeing that in the page you linked -- are you sure you're getting this from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_Party_8? I read the entire article and what you're quoting isn't there.

You might want to clear your cache, because you're clearly seeing an outdated version of the page. I'll take a screen if you want but only if you put forth the effort to clear your cache first.

I know you're seeing an outdated version because that's what it used to say when I checked a couple of weeks ago.

You aren't the only one man.

I still need to beat Metroid Prime 2 though... GOSKjflsj;falskgjasf

Freaking sky keys

I hope Retro gets rid of the fetch quests.

QFE. I am in the EXACT same boat you are. I ended up buying the damn guide because I HATE finding the damn keys...and I hated it in Metroid Prime too.

Still, I can't wait for Prime 3 :D

You might want to clear your cache, because you're clearly seeing an outdated version of the page. I'll take a screen if you want but only if you put forth the effort to clear your cache first.

I know you're seeing an outdated version because that's what it used to say when I checked a couple of weeks ago.

No, I believe you lol. It's not that I particularly care that the game is delayed or whatnot, but I was mainly confused that what you had said was a total contradiction of what was loading for me. Well, anyway, got that cleared up :P. Sorry, my comp is dumb sometimes lol.

Right, anyway...I've got some big expectations for Prime 3. Prime 2 was certainly good, but the original Prime was better IMO. I really hope Prime 3 will rival Prime, but as long as it's better than Prime 2 I'm good. In respect to online play, the more I think about it the more my feelings are mixed. It's a valid point that people say Metroid is traditionally single-player experience, and a great one at that. At the same time, I had a lot of fun with Hunters online. It didn't maintain that same Metroid feel if you ask me, but I still really liked it. I guess my current thought on Prime 3 is if it does have online multiplayer I'll probably play it, but if it doesn't I probably won't lament it too much. Oh, and how crappy Prime 2's split-screen multiplayer was lol.

Prime 2 had too many enemies that were only in one or two rooms in the game and too many weapons/items that were only applicable in one or two other rooms.

I need cleverer useage of less (but equally interesting) items in Prime 3.

I'm sad however that there won't be switchable beams in Prime 3. That was one of my favorite aspects and one of the real shining points of the previous two games.

Personally, I liked Prime 2's dark world and the idea that you could switch back and forth. Plus, getting the light suit was just so REFRESHING. It's too bad there was that damn 10-15 second cutscene whenever you went back and forth between the worlds. I might have liked a quicker transition time.

Why has no one said anything about Zorro coming to the Wii? :P

Anyway I liked both metroids on the cube but believe it or not the mutiplayer option on Echoes might nudge it ahead for me. me and my brother had alot of fun shooting at each other in that game. In no way is it a great mutiplayer game but for some reason we kept coming back to it, until Hunters came along.

I liked dark Aether. One of my disapointments with MPI was that there was never any point where you had to dash through the magmore caverns before getting the thermal suit. The nerve-racking feel of steadily being killed while frantically searching for something is just what Metroid needed, and Dark Aether develivered on that without being too lethal (I tried dashing through Magmoor and it was too painful without the thermal suit).