Nintendo Wii

Smoke

I do see a pattern that the Wii and its controllers are getting harder to find. I'm glad I got them while they were available, but I think the reason why the 360 sales is so far above most other consoles is that it's available everywhere. The Wii, I've only seen a few in stock when I visited a game store. PS3, obviously a no show.

I do see a pattern that the Wii and its controllers are getting harder to find. I'm glad I got them while they were available, but I think the reason why the 360 sales is so far above most other consoles is that it's available everywhere. The Wii, I've only seen a few in stock when I visited a game store. PS3, obviously a no show.

What do you mean, obviously? The PS3 is much, much easier to find now than the Wii. Demand hasn't even met supply. Not that there's anything wrong with the 360, but the reason its sales numbers are so high is because it's been out for a year longer.

2 at my store for well over a month.

Those are probably just the two that they're putting out front. I've heard that retailers were told only to put one or two of their PS3s out at once no matter how many they have in stock, so as not to give the impression that they're not selling.

Lol I bet injin did that on purpose to start something. ITS A TRAP GUYS

Is it a "Deathstar's sheilds still up" type of trap or more a "A couple of leaves covering a pit of spikes" trap.

I personally see injin as the swedish chef from the muppets, talks a bunch of crap that everyone finds amusing even though nobody really understand anything being said.

What do you mean, obviously? The PS3 is much, much easier to find now than the Wii. Demand hasn't even met supply. Not that there's anything wrong with the 360, but the reason its sales numbers are so high is because it's been out for a year longer.

I'm talking about current sales though. In the last few months, the 360 was way up there, possibly in the number one if I remember correctly.

I don't know about the PS3 though since some stores just don't sell them at all from my experience. Maybe the stores don't see the demand for it yet either.

It's really a strange dynamic. Read EGM, watch 1UP or some other gaming commentaries around the net and people are treating the 360 like the new Playstation. PS3 just isn't registering with a lot of gamers yet.

And it's strange seeing the Wii shelves totally empty. I know the demand is pretty high, but I wonder if the stocks are out? I guess we'll see all three consoles readily available in March like it's been predicted.

I'm talking about current sales though. In the last few months, the 360 was way up there, possibly in the number one if I remember correctly.

I don't know about the PS3 though since some stores just don't sell them at all from my experience. Maybe the stores don't see the demand for it yet either.

It's really a strange dynamic. Read EGM, watch 1UP or some other gaming commentaries around the net and people are treating the 360 like the new Playstation. PS3 just isn't registering with a lot of gamers yet.

And it's strange seeing the Wii shelves totally empty. I know the demand is pretty high, but I wonder if the stocks are out? I guess we'll see all three consoles readily available in March like it's been predicted.

Well, yeah, the 360 is the only "mature" console of the three, meaning it has the best game selection(most recently Gears of War) and no supply shortages. That would explain the recent sales. Really though, I think the train wreck of the PS3's launch is what sold the most 360s.

At this point I honestly think the PS3 is going to flop. Sony has thrown away the two big advantages that made the PS2 what it is - the cheap price and the huge library of exclusives. The PS3 will never be affordable like the PS2 is, and already most of their biggest exclusives(GTA4, Assassin's Creed, etc) are coming to the 360. They got cocky and drastically overestimated the power of their name brand, and it cost them big. Now that they've lost the faith of both the consumers and their developers, I'm really not seeing what they can do to get themselves out of this one.

Microsoft actually bought up those exclusives. Sony never had to pay for their keep.
I couldn't believe my eyes that people are still lining up for wii's...
11.gif
I don't believe that over 100 of those people are so stupid that they think an individual Toys R Us store is going to get any more than 20 or 30 units per shipment.
Then I have nothing to say except you TRULY underestimate the stupidity of an average American.

Feb 11 was a big day for Wii.
:D

Nintendo's press release is awesome...

http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=11419

DID YOU KNOW? NINTENDO'S SUPER PAPER MARIO IS HEADED FOR WII

Nintendo of America Requests the Pleasure of Your Company at the Marriage of

Peach

to

Bowser

on the 9th Day of April 2007

The nuptials will take place at the beginning of Super Paper Mario™, which will be available for Nintendo's hot new Wii™ home video game system. Those who wish to attend - or thwart - the ceremony will need to switch between 2-D and 3-D.

Nintendo's press release is awesome...

http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=11419

DID YOU KNOW? NINTENDO'S SUPER PAPER MARIO IS HEADED FOR WII

Nintendo of America Requests the Pleasure of Your Company at the Marriage of

Peach

to

Bowser

on the 9th Day of April 2007

The nuptials will take place at the beginning of Super Paper Mario™, which will be available for Nintendo's hot new Wii™ home video game system. Those who wish to attend - or thwart - the ceremony will need to switch between 2-D and 3-D.

Yeah, like they had said on IGN, it's more fun than Nintendo just saying "Super Paper Mario comes out April 9." Looking forward to this game.