Nintendo Wii

Smoke

So, had some free time this weekend and dl'd 4 VC games. Super Mario World, Super Mario 64, Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, and Kid Icarus. For the first time, I'll finally get to play through Mario 64, LttP, and Kid Icarus. Mario 64 is awesome so far (more so than I expected), haven't gotten into LttP enough to say anything about it, and Kid Icarus is...well, harder than I remember it being. Mario World is such a great, nostalgic experience for me so I enjoy most having that game on my Wii. Still waiting for Super Metroid...and hoping they'll give Metroid II the Zero Mission treatment and distribute it via the VC.

Wii's momentum is pretty good for a launch console. Of course since Xbox 360 has been out longer there are more games coming out, but there's not much more out for the PS3. Of course, there are still great games (Rogue Galaxy, God of War 2, etc.) coming out for PS2. I wouldn't be surprised if God of War 2 for PS2, for example, has better graphics than any Wii game when it is released, even though the Wii is far more powerful...

Wii is pretty much all Nintendo across the board. The 360 has a good stream of new games and PS3's isn't bad either if you look past the outrageous prices.

And yeah, the PS2 still has some of the best lineup for early 2007. God of War 2 is almost perfect. Gaming perfection. It's worth the full price.

Well, considering how early it is in the Wii's life, it's rather unfair to say it's going to die, or Nintendo still has a "kiddie" image. In fact the next few months we're going to see some pretty nice releases, as well as some of the "sandbox" games so-called mature gamers wanted so badly.

I'm not saying I'll get it, but come on Manhunt II on the Wii? That's nuts.

Well, considering how early it is in the Wii's life, it's rather unfair to say it's going to die, or Nintendo still has a "kiddie" image. In fact the next few months we're going to see some pretty nice releases, as well as some of the "sandbox" games so-called mature gamers wanted so badly.

To be just as fair, it's unfair to say whether the PS3 is going to die either...doesn't stop people here from doing it though :lol: (me included - ironically I just hit the button to purchase a PS3 :sad: ).

Don't forget, Suda 51 said that No More Heroes is going to be even more violent.

It'd be funny if the Wii proves to be a warground for games trying to one-up eachother for violence, and putting the wiimote to the most interesting of uses for such violent games.

Wii outsells PS3 and Xbox 360 in January.

Of course, we all know this is just a fad, of course. And, Nintendo just isn't making enough Wii's compared to Sony's PS3's--that's the only reason why you can't find Wiis anywhere. It's all just an illusion.

This is merely further propoganda. :roll:

lol. Funny thing is, a lot of people I know who want to get a Wii are waiting till Metroid Prime 3 or highly anticipated games come out. Because of how many people I'd guess are out there with that perspective, I'd guess the Wii's selling momentum won't be stopped for a while.

Wii outsells PS3 and Xbox 360 in January.

Of course, we all know this is just a fad, of course. And, Nintendo just isn't making enough Wii's compared to Sony's PS3's--that's the only reason why you can't find Wiis anywhere. It's all just an illusion.

This is merely further propoganda. :roll:

Sony asscovering lol. Strange that the 360 is only outselling the PS3 by a small margin though - you'd expect more people to pick up a 360 simply because it's cheaper and has a larger game selection atm.

Sony asscovering lol. Strange that the 360 is only outselling the PS3 by a small margin though - you'd expect more people to pick up a 360 simply because it's cheaper and has a larger game selection atm.

And a better selection of games as well, IMO. Seems like there's only a couple really good games for PS3 right now.

Btw, Sonic and the Secret Rings shipped yesterday, anybody get a chance to pick it up yet? Seems like it got pretty average reviews, but way better than the PS3/360 Sonic.

And a better selection of games as well, IMO. Seems like there's only a couple really good games for PS3 right now.

Btw, Sonic and the Secret Rings shipped yesterday, anybody get a chance to pick it up yet? Seems like it got pretty average reviews, but way better than the PS3/360 Sonic.

To say that Sonic Wii is the best 3D sonic game to come out since SA1 seems rather sad, for Sonic team. I mean, they can't seem to get 3D right. The closest they've managed to get, is making it a game on rails and take out all the exploration, and even then they still can't get the camera to work(according to the IGN review, anyway).

Poor Sonic, even the furries are shunning him these days. :P

I think its actually a very positive thing that Sonic and the Secret Rings is the best Sonic since SAI. With respect to the control scheme, all of the previous 3d sonics have been following the same model with increasing refinements. But that model, as has been repeatedly pointed out, had some fundemental problems. Now they've managed to find a new control scheme and pulled off a respectable game. Now all they have to do is refine that control scheme and improve their level design--which were the weaknesses of the latest Sonic (according to reviewers).

In short, now 3d Sonic has a good framework on which to base its games rather than the one that has lead them to failure time and again.

DOUBLE POST!

Looks like it's confirmed that Fire Emblem for the Wii will be controlled via classic controller/wiimote on its side exclusively. Oh well, I'll be happy with it just because I want more Fire Emblem. Too bad no US release date yet.

Completely agree. Nintendo and IS could force you to play Fire Emblem with a D-pad and one button and I would still play it.

Apparently the new Fire Emblem is being built on the Path of Radiance engine. Oh well. I just hope they have more cutscenes and less boring text-conversations this time.

Fixed. They totally disappointed with PoR. They developed an incredibly awesome CGI style, then simply didn't use it. Oh well, I've always known that Intelligent Systems was lazy with the FE series (they still rock, though).

Snagged the last copy of Sonic Wii at my Toys R Us. I've played for about an hour now. The game looks really great, but the menu music is kinda bad. The first set of missions are tutorials that end in around 10 seconds, so the music recurs a lot more than I would like. English voice acting is awful. I swapped to Japanese right away. Much more pleasant. Controls don't feel spot on, but that's part of the learning curve I think. I felt the same way about Excite Truck at first but now I can steer through anything. Speaking of which, Sonic feels a lot like Excite Truck with the sensitivity dulled down a bit.

Sonic's jumping is handled differently this time around, where the height of the jump depends on how long you hold down the jump button. Not what I'm used to, but it works within the game design. Shaking the remote to attack feels REALLY good, but I need to work on the timing a bit. The level-up system isn't taught seemlessly, but it's pretty easy to figure out, and you'll want to figure it out fast. Sonic's pretty sluggish at the beginning. Overall, if you liked the better of the Sonic Adventure titles, you'll probably like this game a fricken lot.

Apparently the new Fire Emblem is being built on the Path of Radiance engine. Oh well. I just hope they have better animations this time.

Have you seen the videos for the game? The animation is awesome and the fight scenes actually make me want to leave them on.

Have you seen the videos for the game? The animation is awesome and the fight scenes actually make me want to leave them on.

All I've seen are some low-quality off-screen 30 second clips on IGN, which is really all that's out there. Yes, the animations look much improved. There were a few things that still looked clunky, though. I only hope for the best - I'd really like to see more pre-rendered cutscenes.

All I've seen are some low-quality off-screen 30 second clips on IGN, which is really all that's out there. Yes, the animations look much improved. There were a few things that still looked clunky, though. I only hope for the best - I'd really like to see more pre-rendered cutscenes.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/rfej/movie/index.html