Nintendo Wii

Smoke

No one ever reads my posts :(

I posted the trailer back a few days ago. I think I might need a sig :)

Anyways, with all the new info from that one japanese dude who got the game a few days ago I am so excited for this game. I want Fire Emblem more than Mario Galaxy.

http://www.velthomer.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=5523

is the link to the forum with all the info. WARNING

SPOILERS GALORE!

Today's VC update for Europe:

Kid Icarus(500 points)

Zelda: Ocarina of Time(1000 points)

Since I already have two copies of Ocarina of Time that I can play on my Wii I'm not downloading the new one, so I dunno if it has Rumble Pak support or not.

EDIT: Some other reports on other forums indicate a lack of Rumble.

:(

Today's VC update for Europe:

Kid Icarus(500 points)

Zelda: Ocarina of Time(1000 points)

Since I already have two copies of Ocarina of Time that I can play on my Wii I'm not downloading the new one, so I dunno if it has Rumble Pak support or not.

EDIT: Some other reports on other forums indicate a lack of Rumble.

:(

Nintendo pretty much made it official that there's no chance in hell of rumble in VC games. I don't understand why.. At this point, the Microsoft seal of approval seems to be a lot higher than the Nintendo seal.

If the emulator supports it, yes.

Also, it's gonna feel really weird to play Starfox 64.

Although I still have a bit of hope that it'll be added in a future update.

Oh man, I'd love to play Starfox 64 again; been such a long time.

As for the rumble feature, I see no reason why it can't just be added later if/when they make updates to the VC games. I don't recall hearing whether the classic controller has a rumble, but that doesn't much matter given that it's connected to the wiimote (which obviously does have a rumble feature).

maybe im an idiot, but what is that top button for that moves the internal mechanisms up and down...??

The top button is simply to disengage the clip on the back of the classic controller. The better question is what the hell the clip is for :P. So far nothing it seems, as nothing can be attached.

I still think that the CC is the best controller ever.

I agree. It feels so nice to use, and is equally comfortable using the d-pad or the analog sticks IMO. It took some getting used to using the z buttons, but that's the only downside I can really think of.

DOUBLE POST!

So IGN has their hands-on impressions of Fire Emblem for Wii. I'm really excited for it, since I loved the FE for GC and this is gonna be pretty much an exact continuation of it (same engine, continuing the same story, etc). The big difference they noted was in terms of the story layout, which sounds cool to me (and it sounds like there's a total of 40 missions...4 stories with 10 chapters in each :-D ). After seeing a couple of the new gameplay vids they posted, one changed I noticed (which I don't recall seeing in the previous scans) is the addition of a lifebar for each unit on the map screen. It'll make it so much easier than having to select someone to see how much health the character has left. Looking at PoR's release dates, the Japanese release date was 6 months earlier than the US one so I'm guessing we'll get it in August (but I'm hoping for even earlier than that :-P)

I've already spoiled the crap out of Fire Emblem. I really can't wait for it. And those who are wanting super awesome graphics in an SRPG, don't expect that soon. I mean the best SRPG's of last gen have visuals that look like ps1 games.

I really want Fire Emblem.

Yeah I was playing the DS game too after to see how the control was different...my problem in the DS version though is that it won't recognize that I put the bandage.

Seriously - I like how it hurts the patient when it isn't put on correctly :razz:. I had trouble with zooming out in the DS version from time to time as well as that. I really liked the DS game, but the Wii version is far superior IMO.

Btw, about the clip on the back of the classic controller, looks like Nyko made something to connect into it lol.

I take back what I said earlier, Sonic and the Secret Rings is a hell of a lot of fun once you level up Sonic.

I think I'm pretty close to beating it.

see bold

I'm not liking this level-up stuff very much. It's a great excuse to replay missions yes, I hate constantly equipping for every mission. Also why do we need 4 skill rings?