Nintendo Wii

Smoke

see bold

I'm not liking this level-up stuff very much. It's a great excuse to replay missions yes, I hate constantly equipping for every mission. Also why do we need 4 skill rings?

I only use one ring anyway. The skills do help a lot, but if I knew things like "quick jump when you're accelerating from rest" the game would be a lot more enjoyable from the start.

EDIT: Nested quotes impossible in vB?

SATSR is really fun, just not in the beginning. You need to get the speed up skill and turning skill and stuff first.

I'm on the fourth world and the game is just fun.

Also, the fourth world doesnt have crappy music!!!

and Evil foundry's is alright.

WHOS GONNA ROCK THE PLACE?

Pretty cool trick; seems like your PAL Wii can play GC imports out of the box. No mods, no Freeloader, nothing. Originally found here.

Here's how:

• Put an original PAL GC game in the Wii.

• From the Disc channel, hover your cursor over the "Start" button.

Now, here's the tricky bit:

• Press the Eject button on the Wii, and then press the A button on the Wii Remote to select "Start".

The "Start" button will remain unghosted for a moment after you hit the Eject button. Try to select "Start at the last possible moment.

• As fast as you can, whip out the original PAL GC disc and swap in your NTSC GC disc.

You've only got a split second here. Get the NTSC disc in before the disc slot lights up.

BINGO!

If you've been quick enough, the import GC game boots up. Once you get your timing down, this isn't hard to do.

I'm assuming this works for American consoles and Japanese games, too. Wii software apparently doesn't work though.

Pretty cool trick; seems like your PAL Wii can play GC imports out of the box. No mods, no Freeloader, nothing. Originally found here.

Here's how:

• Put an original PAL GC game in the Wii.

• From the Disc channel, hover your cursor over the "Start" button.

Now, here's the tricky bit:

• Press the Eject button on the Wii, and then press the A button on the Wii Remote to select "Start".

The "Start" button will remain unghosted for a moment after you hit the Eject button. Try to select "Start at the last possible moment.

• As fast as you can, whip out the original PAL GC disc and swap in your NTSC GC disc.

You've only got a split second here. Get the NTSC disc in before the disc slot lights up.

BINGO!

If you've been quick enough, the import GC game boots up. Once you get your timing down, this isn't hard to do.

I'm assuming this works for American consoles and Japanese games, too. Wii software apparently doesn't work though.

The sad thing is it is really easy for Nintendo to fix this, so I wouldn't rely on it. Just make a system update and combine it with some new channel--and make it required to buy a VC game. Poof, away goes the trick. It almost makes you long for the days of consoles that weren't part of a network.

Silly restrictions to begin with anyway.

Anyone notice that Nintendo seems to be trying to go for a channel per month? The Weather, News, and Internet channels, then for Feb it was the Everyone Votes, and isn't the Internet channel final version supposed to be for March?

I think April's channel is going to be an example of new downloadable games. Then maybe in May they'll release a more.. community-based channel, where you can at least let your friends know what games you have and the like(a feature mentioned at one of the conferences shortly before launch)..

Personally, I'd much rather see a DVD channel. It's been proven that the system has the stuff it takes(one of the modchips either on the market or coming out soon, allows for region-free DVD playback), all it needs is a software update. I'd pay $20 to turn my Wii into a sleek, sexy DVD player, for the living room. Hell, I'd probably go out and buy a new one, if they released it in black. Or red. I'd love it in red. Nice, sexy, shiny, Metroid red.

Anyone notice that Nintendo seems to be trying to go for a channel per month? The Weather, News, and Internet channels, then for Feb it was the Everyone Votes, and isn't the Internet channel final version supposed to be for March?

I think April's channel is going to be an example of new downloadable games. Then maybe in May they'll release a more.. community-based channel, where you can at least let your friends know what games you have and the like(a feature mentioned at one of the conferences shortly before launch)..

Personally, I'd much rather see a DVD channel. It's been proven that the system has the stuff it takes(one of the modchips either on the market or coming out soon, allows for region-free DVD playback), all it needs is a software update. I'd pay $20 to turn my Wii into a sleek, sexy DVD player, for the living room. Hell, I'd probably go out and buy a new one, if they released it in black. Or red. I'd love it in red. Nice, sexy, shiny, Metroid red.

For your predictions for April and May, I'd personally like to see those. It also makes me wonder if they release a new channel for March what it might be. As for the dvd channel (or giving the Wii dvd playback capability...as I see it, it would more likely be within the disc channel rather than it's own separate channel), I for one wouldn't have use for it but I also wouldn't be opposed to it. Just bought a new home theater during the summer, but I think my parents would enjoy the convenience of having dvd playback on the Wii (they've got a rather old dvd player hooked up to their main tv). Slightly off topic of what you were saying, but if they were to come out with say a special Metroid edition Wii at some point, I'd grab that up for sure (I'm a sucker for Metroid).

For your predictions for April and May, I'd personally like to see those. It also makes me wonder if they release a new channel for March what it might be. As for the dvd channel (or giving the Wii dvd playback capability...as I see it, it would more likely be within the disc channel rather than it's own separate channel), I for one wouldn't have use for it but I also wouldn't be opposed to it. Just bought a new home theater during the summer, but I think my parents would enjoy the convenience of having dvd playback on the Wii (they've got a rather old dvd player hooked up to their main tv). Slightly off topic of what you were saying, but if they were to come out with say a special Metroid edition Wii at some point, I'd grab that up for sure (I'm a sucker for Metroid).

Alright, so looking it up.. official word is end of March for the final version of the browser, so that's probably what March's channel addition will be. And then by the sounds of it ( http://wii.ign.com/articles/768/768435p1.html ), it looks like there's some games in the works that may well prove to be more.. streamlined, more casual games(think those flash games you download, for windows. Those would probably be more along the style of the early Wii DLC games, outside the virtual console), which a release date for some in Q2, which would put them starting in April as a possibility. So, April's update could well be the casual game channel, or whatever they cause it.

The full list of upcoming Data Design Interactive games is:

• Action Girlz Racing
  • Hamster Heroes
  • Monster Trux Extreme: Offroad Edition
  • Anubis II
  • NinjaBread Man
  • Myth Makers: Trixie in Toyland
  • Mini Desktop Racing
  • Billy the Wizard
  • London Taxi: Rushour
  • Myth Makers Orbs of Doom
  • Myth Makers Super Kart GP
  • Earache Extreme Metal Racing
  • Elviz - Rock N Roll Adventures

Are Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman the final bosses?

Cheap and crappy games on the wii!!

WOO HOO!

SO DID NOBODY ELSE GET SONIC? IT IS A GREAT GAME.

I wanna get Sonic, but it's pointless for me to get it right at this time (work and school is getting more time consuming, and my workouts are getting longer :-P...haven't had time to finish FFIII yet even). Definitely on my list of games I'm gonna get when time permits, though.

Sonic SR is the type of game to garner a very wide range of reactions from people, which is not unusual for a game that's pretty darn good but has too many flaws to be really great.

I'd recommend anyone to give it a rental and spend a few hours with it, then decide how they really feel about it. I rented it. I felt it gave off a rather poor first impression. By the midway point I was really frustrated at various points but enjoying myself enough to keep going. By the time I beat it (real ending) I decided that yes, I'd enjoyed it enough to buy it, full priced.

Also how much you enjoy a game like this is an issue of tolerance. I have both high standards and high tolerance for flaws. I see the flaws quite clearly, but they don't necessarily detract enough from my enjoyment to ruin any given experience.

So.. don't know if anyone else has noticed this(could be the game I'm playing that's causing it..) but my wrist starts to REALLY hurt, like it's being over strained, when playing some games that rely heavily on the pointer function. (game I'm playing right now is actually that Chicken Little one. As a platformer, it's not too bad. And the upgrade system seems fairly balanced)

I think it's because you have to hold your wrist unnaturally and uncomfortably straight, for long periods of time. It makes me worry that the Wii will cause me to develop carpal tunnel.