Nintendo Wii

Smoke

I'd doubt MP8 is going to be overly different from the previous MP games...but Super Paper Mario sounds sweet, definitely getting that at release.

Dude. Wii. Wii controller.

Wii controller minigames!

OH WAIT ITS BEEN DONE

j/k, I'm actually looking forward to it.

Games may have artistic merit, but games designed specifically to be art, don't do well at all. Art is something created for the love of the medium, for the select few. There is no such thing as Mass Media Fine Art.

Agreed. My drawing teacher explained the differences:

-Mass media art is an escape from reality.

-Fine art causes the viewer to reexamine his own reality from the artist's perspective.

By that definition I don't know of any videogames that qualify as fine art. Conceptually speaking, a fine art game could be something that challenges the hierarchy of society, or what is acceptable in culture. Oddly, Rockstar fits in that definition a little too well.

WHO'S RAGGING IN IT? SUPER PAPER MARIO COMES OUT Q2. that alone is enough to make it awesome. MP8 is also coming out in May.

And some people....might not....have a Wii yet. So I'll be satisfied. I probably want to get MP8 as well - have you guys seen screenshots? It should be at LEAST as good as 6 was for me (didn't get 7), except hopefully looking much better and without all the magical sun/moon crap I had to deal with. Might reinvigorate it if they decide to switch things up a bit.

And some people....might not....have a Wii yet. So I'll be satisfied. I probably want to get MP8 as well - have you guys seen screenshots? It should be at LEAST as good as 6 was for me (didn't get 7), except hopefully looking much better and without all the magical sun/moon crap I had to deal with. Might reinvigorate it if they decide to switch things up a bit.

Unless MP8 has online, I have no interest in it. Local multiplayer is nice and all, but I'd rather play with people at distances I don't have to worry about getting smacked in the face from. :P

Guess I'll wait for MP9.

Not really. Q2 usually sucks, but Super Paper Mario and Mario Party 8 should be enough for 3 months.

Mario Party 8 will be the first Mario Party game I own. The game just looks fun with the new wii stuff and it wont be button mashing mini games and stuff now.

That Super Paper Mario game looks pretty darned good. Shame I'm not getting a Wii 'till May, anyone know any good games released in late April/Early May?

I'm not quite sure... Like everyone else has been saying, SPM and MP8, but you can buy some old games like Trauma Center and Wario Ware (speaking of which, I still need to pick that up).

I have a great selection of games for the next few months:

Must finish:

Excite Truck

Elebits

Sonic and the Secret Rings

Monkey Ball (if I can sit through it again)

Virtual Console games

Must buy:

Wii Play

Warioware

Super Paper Mario

Mario Party 8

I have a great selection of games for the next few months:

Must finish:

Excite Truck

Elebits

Sonic and the Secret Rings

Monkey Ball (if I can sit through it again)

Virtual Console games

Must buy:

Wii Play

Warioware

Super Paper Mario

Mario Party 8

I played Elebits up to the 6th level, failed one, and stopped.

I really need to get back into it, though. It's really a good game from what I played. The multiplayer mode is crazy-hectic, though.

And Wario Ware is amazing, BTW. I let my mom play Wii Sports and Wario Ware [which I'd rented at the time], and she decided, without ANY sort of suggestion of my part, to buy Wario Ware. She doesn't own a Wii. So it's her game, but she stores it conveniently within reach of my Wii.

Hmm.

And Wario Ware is amazing, BTW. I let my mom play Wii Sports and Wario Ware [which I'd rented at the time], and she decided, without ANY sort of suggestion of my part, to buy Wario Ware. She doesn't own a Wii. So it's her game, but she stores it conveniently within reach of my Wii.

Hmm.

lol, my mom bought WarioWare a couple weeks ago and she's been enjoying it. I let them borrow Wii Play but I don't think they've gotten around to it yet.

I know it was recently released in Japan and it is going to take a while to get over here... but the main reason i bought a Wii was for the Fire Emblem game coming soon. :D

It's gonna be good stuff IMO. I bought Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones last weekend to feed the FE addiction, but I think it'll make the wait for the new one that much harder after I finish it :razz: .

So that Naruto Geckito Ninja Taisen Ex game for wii is coming to america this year. That's cool but wait it's not going to be the same game. The main reason i wanted to play it was because it involved the shippuden characters and the newer storyline (much like the narutimate hero ps2 games). They're actually taking out all the shippuden stuff (as i understand it) to match up with Shonen jump naruto in america. *sigh*

Elebits is a game that I find rather surprising. I rented it for a week and a half(online rentals = win :D), beat it, went back to get the extras and stuff. Only managed to get about 1/3 of all the extra stuff there is.. and even after playing it so much, I still want to buy it.

And that's after being rendered virtually crippled in my right hand, my play time being reduced to less than 30 minutes at a time from how rough that game is on my wrist.

A game that I keep wanting to play, even after it hurts like hell. Now THAT is a testament to how good a game can be.

But, I'm really worried that too much play of the Wii will lead to early carpel tunnel syndrome.

Elebits is one of my favorite Wii games. It's really fun, but the slowdowns get a little annoying. I still want to get some of the extra's like vacuum always on and Homing beam always on.

I hope Konami does make a second one with improvements. The guy in charge of the game has expressed interest in making a new one.

I also hope Dewy is awesome.

Elebits is one of my favorite Wii games. It's really fun, but the slowdowns get a little annoying. I still want to get some of the extra's like vacuum always on and Homing beam always on.

I hope Konami does make a second one with improvements. The guy in charge of the game has expressed interest in making a new one.

I also hope Dewy is awesome.

I think the big reason for the slowdown, is the insane amount of physics going on. And, it makes me want to see the exact same thing done on the X360 and PS3, to see how well they can handle the same events. I know the Wii isn't anywhere near the bulk of the others, but I at least want to see if they can live up to their hype for boosted physics, when they have 800 objects flying around, each one with a unique physics model, and all of them being tracked and applied individually.

As well, being able to grab the moon and drag it across the sky is win! :D

A sequel would be great, I just hope they make some overall improvements(like either doing better for voice acting, or getting rid of it entirely), and maybe let things like turning handles be done with the nunchuck so you can keep pointed and still turn the handles and knobs without killing your wrist or anything. Perhaps less focus on the pointer functionality and more on using motion tracing with the accelerometers so you can do better for throwing objects across an arena.