Nintendo Wii

Smoke

Only the head testers actually get to play the games.. everyone else, is forced to perform the same menial action a million times over, in a million ways, each one only slightly different from the last, to see if it breaks anything.

That's divergent to what I've heard from friends who are game testers...then again they're loc testers, so that could be the difference (though those positions can still be quite tedious apparantly...being bilingual is the best way to secure a job like that). Also, I've only heard of one time that any of my tester friends had gotten a free game out of a contract (you have to be a full-timer to get free stuff usually, from what they said) and they didn't receive it till after the game hit retail anyway. Different companies have different policies, but I wouldn't get your hopes up about that. Plus, personally I'd need to get more than 10-15/hr if they expect me to commute every day across the 520 :-P (better off where I am now in pretty much every way).

Anyway, G_D, MGS:TS is awesome ;). Since I hadn't played MGS on the original Playstation, it was a pretty awesome way to get introduced to the franchise.

Ok, I know this is really off-topic and doesn't *exactly* fit here, but I don't want to make a new thread for it:

When did this happen (besides the obvious March 2004 as stated in the link), and why didn't I ever know about it?

Just when I thought I knew every game for the 'Cube that I wanted play but hadn't yet.

I found the game at Blockbuster for $15. :-D

I'm addicted to the Everybody Votes channel.:shock:

Virtual Console needs more Kirby.

Apparently there's a whole "wave" of games on the horizon, some of which possibly haven't even been announced yet, to take advantage of the WiiConnect service. They're just waiting for Nintendo to give the go-ahead and launch Pokemon, so they can start getting them out there.

http://www.nintendorevolution.ca/03172007/22/wave_of_nintendo_wii_online_games_in_next_6_months

I'm irritated. One whole month and I still can't find Wii Play on store shelves.

Typically when a game sells like hotcakes I head over to a store that isn't associated with selling videogames (ie Circuit City) and find the games I'm looking for there. In Wii Play's case it sells out especially quickly there. I'm out of ideas.:whatevaa:

Call every store that carries it every morning. If they've got it, ask if they can put it on hold for you. If you know someone that works at one of these stores, have them give you a call whenever they get a shipment in. Work out a quick text signal they can fire off or something. Just pull out all the stops you can in terms of communication.

I'm irritated. One whole month and I still can't find Wii Play on store shelves.

Typically when a game sells like hotcakes I head over to a store that isn't associated with selling videogames (ie Circuit City) and find the games I'm looking for there. In Wii Play's case it sells out especially quickly there. I'm out of ideas.:whatevaa:

Actually, I've heard that the game ISN'T on store shelves at electronic stores (Best Buy, Circuit City, etc.). Because the game comes with a Wiimote, the box is huge. Because the box is huge, it doesn't fit into the security cases they have for the games to prevent theft. Therefore, the game is held in the back rooms and you have to ask an associate for the game, and they deliver it from the back. I don't know if you've been asking a lot of questions or just looking for it, but that may be your problem.

No way, I want the whole package and I don't want to pay any premiums to get it.

Hmm, I've seen it around here quite a bit. At one Bestbuy I've seen it at, they had it in a little security cage instead of actually on the shelf and it was in a glass shelf behind the counter at one Gamestop.

But yeah, like everyone has said, it's basically just a tech demo and is unfortunate they made it in a way that it has very little replay value (bought it for a friend, we played it once, and proceeded to stick it on the shelf since playing it once felt like enough [or just sounded unappealing to play again]). Then again, it's just $10 - nothing to lose sleep over :razz:. Anyway, just throwin' my thoughts on it out there.

Despite the fact that Wii stuff is sold out almost everywere and there only being a hand full of titles available anyway: why is there still so little shelf-space reserved for Nintendo?

Now, I live in a small town, in a small province, in a small country so that could explain, but how is the situation over where you guys are?

It feels so weird seeing Nintendo have only 3 shelves, which can each hold no more than 5 games.

Even worse is that it has move away from the other consoles and is now lost between cheap DVD's. T__T That doesn't make sense to me...(well it does counting the above mentioned factors).

*sigh*

Just popped in Goddess of Dawn...I am ready to lose days of my life to this game. The intro and opening music is just amazing.

Nice, I'd like to know how it is. I'm really hoping Sothe isn't such a panzey in this one. Also kinda curious if they added more FMVs to this than PoR.

Forgive my Stupidity but what is Goddess of Dawn? a Wii game? i've never heard of it.

It's the new Fire Emblem game for Wii. May not sound too familiar cuz it's not out here yet (in fact, no release date has been issued here yet as far as I know but I'm hoping for it to come out by summer).

Despite the fact that Wii stuff is sold out almost everywere and there only being a hand full of titles available anyway: why is there still so little shelf-space reserved for Nintendo?

Now, I live in a small town, in a small province, in a small country so that could explain, but how is the situation over where you guys are?

It feels so weird seeing Nintendo have only 3 shelves, which can each hold no more than 5 games.

Even worse is that it has move away from the other consoles and is now lost between cheap DVD's. T__T That doesn't make sense to me...(well it does counting the above mentioned factors).

*sigh*

Same happens here.

But you got to remember Nintendo is a kiddy company!

Maybe it has to do with how there aren't too many notable games for the Wii yet aside from their typically great Nintendo lineup. Why waste space when you can only sell Nintendo games and still make a lot of profit? This is why I feel that Nintendo being too successful at their own game could be sorta bad in that sense.

So, I played 4 chapters of Goddess of Dawn and decided I should check out Tiger Woods.

Holy shit, I am so addicted to this game. It's amazing how much more satisfying swinging the Wiimote is than just pressing buttons. It's a shame the game looks like piss (Wii Sports golf looks better) but goddamn is it fun to play.