Nintendo Wii

Smoke

Rofl at sadness. I didn't really expect anything out of Nibris. The ONLY thing they have done was put up a video of Raid over the River and some screen shots of this pang wanna-be game that they are co-developing or something.

Sadness was probably never going to come out in the first place. We saw nothing from that game other than 2 pr shots and some girl running around in a dress.

ANYWAYS!!!!!!!!

Anybody lucky enough to pick up SPM today? Sadly Gamestop doesn't get it in until tomorrow so tomorrow will be awesome.

On the other hand, it looks like Nintendo is firing all guns, trying to hit the market with -everything- they have, in the first 12-18 months. Mario, Zelda, Smash Bros, Metroid.. even other, surprisingly popular franchises are being pulled out of retirement. Will Nintendo have anything left, come spring '09? Or is that when we'll see Nintendo start pumping out original IPs, like they attempted with Pikmin?

Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, Star Fox, F-Zero, maybe a new Kirby title, Pikmin...I have a feeling all of those will be Wii titles for '08, as well as the yearly Mario Party and Mario Golf/Tennis/Whatever games...

...that's most of their big IPs, so what does '09 have to offer? A revival of Kid Icarus is pretty likely, at this point...Punch-Out, maybe?

I have a feeling that '09 is going to be a bit of a drought for the Wii, myself, as far as first party titles go. Just a weird feeling, I guess. Hopefully though, we'll see a ton of awesome third party stuff out then.

Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, Star Fox, F-Zero, maybe a new Kirby title, Pikmin...I have a feeling all of those will be Wii titles for '08, as well as the yearly Mario Party and Mario Golf/Tennis/Whatever games...

...that's most of their big IPs, so what does '09 have to offer? A revival of Kid Icarus is pretty likely, at this point...Punch-Out, maybe?

I have a feeling that '09 is going to be a bit of a drought for the Wii, myself, as far as first party titles go. Just a weird feeling, I guess. Hopefully though, we'll see a ton of awesome third party stuff out then.

Maybe for '09, we'll see sequels to first-gen Wii titles, from Nintndo? A new Metroid game, outside the Prime saga, maybe Super Paper Mario World, then we have another Zelda game to look forward to..

For some reason, I actually want to see sequels of good games, on Wii. There's no real reason to only have one installment of a major franchise, if they can actually make it good.

I disagree. I think Nintendo is going to be careful, as they have been so far, and very cautiously meter when games come out. I think between big releases (which will have ample space between them), they'll release smaller titles but make sure there's news of another big game to look forward to on the horizon. Seems to me that's what we've seen so far. Anyway, personally, I'm not gonna worry about '09 when it's not even half-way through '07 and we have no idea what the release schedule for the rest of the year (let alone next yr) will be like.

I think we are going to start seeing more wii games later this year. Initial support was pretty crappy and now that most third parties have already released their support they announced at e3.

With the Wii selling like crazy, it would be stupid for most developers to ignore it. Also, EA has admitted they thought the wii wasn't going to be this successfull. Stuff like the Godfather was made in like 8 months. As we have seen, EA is even going to make new IP for the wii, which is pretty cool.

Well, after seeing some Super Paper Mario reviews, I figured it was time to buy it. So I did. From Amazon.com (which gets it in the 13th), for only $45 (free shipping). I dunno about you guys, but new games for anything below $50 is pretty amazing by my standards.