Nintendo Wii

Smoke

Gotta question - if I have a GC game that supports progressive scan and I'm playing it on my Wii (with a component cable) will the progressive scan mode in the GC game enable automatically or what do I need to do? (I have progressive scan selected in the Wii settings but I don't know if it affects GC games. Also remember that playing on a Wii there's no GC intro screen to hold B during.)

Anyone know? I've searched on google extensively and found no answer.

Wiis may be coming to a store near you. Well, a Best Buy anyway.

My store has 21 "inbound allocated"(along with only 2 other stores in our district) which usually means they're coming pretty soon. There's nothing in next week's ad about it, but that doesn't mean we still won't be getting any in.

So if you're still in the need of a Wii, I'd check your local Best Buy next week.

So I was checking out the gameplay vid and trailer (different one than on Capcom's site btw :P) for RE4 Wii Edition on IGN and it looks like they added some stuff. I never played the PS2 version and only saw a friend play it a little bit so I dunno what changes there were in that besides more extras, but I know at least in the Gamecube version Leon couldn't suplex opponents. Also, when playing as Ada you can now perform a fan kick, which I don't remember being able to do in Assignment Ada (as well as use a hookshot). I also don't recall el gigante being able to charge at you before quite as it does in the video. It'll be interesting to see what other little differences there are in the Wii Edition.

FYI, you can suplex in the GCN version of RE4. You probably just didn't attempt to try it out. And also, Ada is able to do a fan kick in Mercenaries.

Gotta question - if I have a GC game that supports progressive scan and I'm playing it on my Wii (with a component cable) will the progressive scan mode in the GC game enable automatically or what do I need to do? (I have progressive scan selected in the Wii settings but I don't know if it affects GC games. Also remember that playing on a Wii there's no GC intro screen to hold B during.)
Anyone know? I've searched on google extensively and found no answer.

No, progressive scan will not be enabled automatically. When starting a GCN game with progressive scan mode available, a small dialog box should appear asking to enable progressive scan. If nothing shows up, try holding the B button to see if it'll show up.

Can you explain how's it's done in the Gamecube version? I'd really like to try it out (I also never saw the prompt in my 3 or 4 playthroughs, so I'm really curious what the trigger is).

It's been a while since I've played, but I think it only works on the zealot-type enemies. Just shoot em in the leg or something to get them to kneel and the prompt should come up.

Hey guys, I just found a site selling Wii's cheap and I think it's kinda fishy . I haven't seen Wii prices this low as of yet, and I was wondering if any of you could inform me of this site's validity.

http://etrofield.com/home.php

By the way, I played Super Paper Mario for a few hours, and it kicks ass. I can't wait to get it. I've beaten the first two Paper Mario games, and this one still blew my mind.

Hey guys, I just found a site selling Wii's cheap and I think it's kinda fishy . I haven't seen Wii prices this low as of yet, and I was wondering if any of you could inform me of this site's validity.

http://etrofield.com/home.php

I checked the site out and used some fake information to get through the checkout, and I got:

Sorry, we were unable to process your order. ERROR ID # 1059:wrong information.

We support additional ways of payment - U.S. Postal Money Order.

The automatic answer/instructions has been sent to your e-mail.

Please follow this link: continue >>

...uh huh. I'm going to send you money in the mail. Of course.

I wish they incorporated the Wii controls for Starfox 64

Yeah, you know that will come later on, for the Wii-centric one. After they finish their obligatory lineup of Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon, and Smash, they should start working on the second lineup - Kirby, Star Fox, Mario Kart, Custom Robo, et cetera.

Guitar Hero 3 for the Wii will use the regular guitar(thank god). I don't know how they could have possibly used the wiimote for this.

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/780/780807p1.html

The Wii will be able to have online play and downloadable songs too. Let's just hope they're mario songs or something so we won't have to pay $6 or whatever for song packs.

I wish they incorporated the Wii controls for Starfox 64
My friend wrote a GlovePIE script that does this.

Allow me to explain what the hell I'm talking about. The computer program GlovePIE, combined with the ppjoy program, a bluetooth adapter, and some mad scripting skillz, allows you to use a wiimote, complete with nunchuck or classic, with your computer as a joystick .. great for emulators with the classic controller!

Anyway, my friend wrote a script that uses the tilt and roll of the wiimote as an analog stick, and uses that with an N64 emulator + Starfox 64 to control it like the WarioWare: Smooth Moves Star Fox microgame.

I wrote a script that maps the 2 sticks on the Classic to P1 and P2 sticks, for use with Perfect Dark w/ Halo-style controls (PD allows you to hold an N64 controller in each hand and use a stick from each).

It's pretty sweet.

North American Virtual Console releases today:

Punch-Out!! (NES) - Nigga stole my bike!

Virtua Fighter 2 (GEN) - Don't have a PS3 to play 5? Get nostalgic and play 2

Bonk's Revenge (T16) - More headbanging caveman action

North American Virtual Console releases today:

Punch-Out!! (NES) - Nigga stole my bike!

Virtua Fighter 2 (GEN) - Don't have a PS3 to play 5? Get nostalgic and play 2

Bonk's Revenge (T16) - More headbanging caveman action

Don't get VF2, I heard it suuuuuuuuuuuucks especially compared to stuff like street fighter. So yeah...

Also, IntSys is the best Nintendo team IMO. I wish they would make a new RPG that wasn't FE, AW, or PM, I bet it would be AWESOME.

Don't get VF2, I heard it suuuuuuuuuuuucks especially compared to stuff like street fighter. So yeah...

Also, IntSys is the best Nintendo team IMO. I wish they would make a new RPG that wasn't FE, AW, or PM, I bet it would be AWESOME.

HAL I would consider to be the historic best one, but you're right, IntSys is pretty damn good themselves. I think Retro Studios, once they're done with Prime, might be able to come out with something damned good too - I'd like to see what kind of IP's they can come up with.