Nintendo Wii

Smoke

Kid's get an allowance? I must never have been a kid then... The only money I ever got as a kid came from a paper-route I did. My parents never gave me that kind of money (enough, that is, to buy a VC game). Maybe enough to buy a piece of candy, rarely, but never anything more than $4 ($4 was a lot if given by my parents...).

I'm of the opinion that the VC games are over-priced. Not terribly so, I suppose, but often more than I'm willing to pay. I know that discussion has been had before. Really, my point was that not everyone has an allowance. I doubt I even knew what that was until I was 12. So for some people, kids especially, a $10 game can be quite pricey.

I agree though. Square just doesn't see the benefit of releasing their games on the VC. FF1-6 have been re-released somewhat recently, so there's no major need for those to go to the VC. CT though, considering the attention that Square is giving it, should go to VC. If you're going to ignore the game/series, then just give it to us (on the VC, of course), so that we can play it again. If you're not going to do that, then do another re-release (this isn't what I'd prefer, but it'd be better than leaving it out in the cold).

Ever since the cease-and-desist was sent to CT:R, I haven't been to happy with Square. Enix, maybe, but not Square. Mouser X out.

When I was a kid, my allowance every week, was pretty much to rent a game every weekend. If you look at the price of a game rental at, say, blockbuster, and compare it to the price of buying even an N64 game on the VC, the purchase is fairly reasonable(not counting how old the games are). But, the vast majority of the VC games on there so far, aren't ones to appeal to the children anyway. The kids today, would have started when N64 and PS1 were just hitting the market. To them, NES, SNES and Genesis would be mostly ancient and unworthy of being played.

And off-topic, but does anyone know a good VGA solution for Wii, yet? Something perhaps that actually does progressive scan with component cables? Most of the devices I've looked at, only fuck around in interlaced mode, or are available only from websites that don't use encryption on their order forms.

Someone tell me how to check my Wii number? The format is supposed to be 16 characters, like #### #### ####. I found a spot where it gives like a MAC/LAN something number, but that was only 12 characters and some dashes. Is that actually it?

On the Wii menu, click the envelope icon in the lower right corner of the screen. Then, click the paper and pencil icon, which will bring up your Address Book. Click it and it will show you your Wii number

Someone tell me how to check my Wii number? The format is supposed to be 16 characters, like #### #### ####. I found a spot where it gives like a MAC/LAN something number, but that was only 12 characters and some dashes. Is that actually it?

On the main menu go to your messages (the icon in the bottom right corner. From there, there will be three icons on the bottom left. Click on the one third icon (closest to the middle of the screen) That's your address book. Your address book will have your Wii Number on the cover. Hope this helps.

Damn you beat me to it!! LOL

So, er, Nintendo bought Monolith Soft (Xenosaga).

Don't these guys have the exact opposite vision to Nintendo of what a game should be?

Well it does diversify their range and audience by including games that are not "nintendo-ish". Plus now I have even fewer reasons to by a PS3 now that Monolith Soft are going to be making Nintendo exclusives. :smile: More RPGs FTW! Xenosaga on the wii!!!

Well it does diversify their range and audience by including games that are not "nintendo-ish". Plus now I have even fewer reasons to by a PS3 now that Monolith Soft are going to be making Nintendo exclusives. :smile: More RPGs FTW! Xenosaga on the wii!!!

They also worked on Baten Kaitos, so it's not like they're new to Nintendo either :)

Must...get...more RPGs...indeed...

So, er, Nintendo bought Monolith Soft (Xenosaga).

Don't these guys have the exact opposite vision to Nintendo of what a game should be?

Which would possibly be why Nintendo bought them. Nintendo has strong opinions on what games should be but I don't believe they have a record of forcing their philosophy on other developers. They'd pick up studios like Monolith to diversify their own portfolio, so to speak.

I tried watching it on another site but the intro was like 20 minutes long, then they played the actual game intro which was cool but I was pretty bored by that point.

From reading about it though, it sounds like it's going to make a pretty awesome online game. I just hope they support it with patches and whatnot to kill exploits and shit.

I tried watching it on another site but the intro was like 20 minutes long, then they played the actual game intro which was cool but I was pretty bored by that point.

From reading about it though, it sounds like it's going to make a pretty awesome online game. I just hope they support it with patches and whatnot to kill exploits and shit.

I like the way they're doing the points system. You only get negative points for disconnecting. You get points for doing things in a match, so even if you don't win you will still earn points. This encourages players to finish a game instead of disconnecting when they're about to lose.

The season will last 3 months(IIRC), then the rankings reset.

You can't directly play with a friend in a ranking game. This will prevent people from constantly playing one another over and over and over and winning to increase your score(Metroid Prime Hunters, anyone?).

I think I left out some stuff, but that's all I can remember.

WOOHOO!

Finally got the Wii-LAN-thing today! Works like a charm...

Now the only thing missing is online-enabled games (this means you, Mario Strikers...)

Will there be some kind of tournament here? Although it will have to be seperated by continent according to latest news... :-(

On another note, surfing with the Wii is great but posting stuff is a BITCH! Well, waiting for the Wii-board...

They also worked on Baten Kaitos, so it's not like they're new to Nintendo either :)

Must...get...more RPGs...indeed...

Isn't Monolith also the developer for Disaster: Day of Crisis?

EDIT: also, the points system for Mario Strikers sounds like a design.

WOOHOO!

Finally got the Wii-LAN-thing today! Works like a charm...

Now the only thing missing is online-enabled games (this means you, Mario Strikers...)

Will there be some kind of tournament here? Although it will have to be seperated by continent according to latest news... :-(

On another note, surfing with the Wii is great but posting stuff is a BITCH! Well, waiting for the Wii-board...

at this point

i say congratulations you bought a useless item

Isn't Monolith also the developer for Disaster: Day of Crisis?

EDIT: also, the points system for Mario Strikers sounds like a design.

Yes, I believe it is.

And I really wouldn't mind seeing another epic RPG series like Xenosaga come out, for Wii. The idea of porting characters between games is something we need more focus on, sometimes. Especially through a series.

Unfortunately, you are so right... ;-(

Well. wating for the Wii-Board AND online games for the Wii...

And perhaps some VC titles worth spending money on...

as far as keyboard goes, uhhh i dont think theyre gonna do it and for the love of god just use your pc to use internets

and for online wii games AHAHAHAHAHAHA good luck waiting