Nintendo Wii

Smoke

I downloaded Splatterhouse the other day. It didn't have very good reviews, but somehow I love this game. I guess it's just the horror-movie ripoff feel. But yeah, I hope they put the sequels on virtual console because they were better. It's pretty damn hard too.

I also played Contra 3 on hard difficulty, and got my ass handed to me. I think I might do a little better with a virtual console controller as opposed to a gamecube controller.

When I got to the boss of stage 2, my girlfriend was like "Oh my god. What are those things? Get them away!" And then, when the real boss came out, she was like "Oh my god. That's horrible!"

Hell yeah. I'm so going to get Rocky Rodent if it ever appears. I was hoping for Smartball to come out, but considering who owns it, I think I'll have to buy a copy for my SNES.

I'd like to see some Sunsoft games too, but I don't know who owns that either.

North American Virtual Console releases today:

Castlevania (NES): Back in the day when it was linear

The Legend of the Mystical Ninja (SNES) The first American release of the series, before he changed his name back to Goemon

Shockman (T16) Not a robot master

Shockman (T16) Not a robot master

lol. That comment reminds me how much I'd like it if they put Mega Man (any of them) onto the VC. Personally, I never got around to buying the Mega Man or Mega Man X Collections from the last generation, so I'd enjoy having those games available via VC eventually.

Also, yay for the original Castlevania being on VC...gonna be getting that later. Still waiting for Metroid and Super Metroid. Also, while not likely at all at this point, I'd love to see Metroid II: Return of Samus on the VC one of these days...I'd especially love it if were to be "Zero Mission-ized" and thrown onto the VC. Only Metroid game I never even played.

EDIT:

I'm curious how the Mii Popularity Channel will be. So far every channel has been well made and not just slapped together.

Every week IGN showcases several Miis created to look like tv show characters, so it makes me wonder if there will be some sort of similar component to the Mii Popularity Channel. Anyway, I'll be interested to see how it turns out.

I'm at the end of my second year at uni and I've reached that critical stage where I know if I don't start working really hard, right now, I simply won't have enough time to get everything done. Imagine my horror, then, when the mailman knocked round this morning to give me my copy of Heatseeker.

It's just sitting there by the TV now. Watching. Waiting.

* Donkey Kong Taru Jet Race (DK Jet or DK Bongo Blast, US) - June 28, 2007 - Maybe

* Wii Health Pack -- 2007 - ??

* Disaster: Day of Crisis - 2007 - Haven't seen it, but I assume yes

* Mario Party 8 - 2007 - Hell yes

* Project H.A.M.M.E.R. - 2007 - Hell yes

* Wii Music - 2007 - ??

* Super Mario Galaxy - 2007 - Definitely hell yes

* Super Smash Bros. Brawl - 2007 - See above

* Battalion Wars II - 2007 - Maybe, never played the first

* Forever Blue - 2007 - ??

* Mario Strikers Charged - 2007 - Definitely hell yes

* Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - 2007 - What do you think? :P

* Mario and Sonic at the Olympics - 2007 - I dunno

Day of Crisis I am definately interested in learning more about, but I also look forward to Project HAMMER. It looks like it could be a simple, yet fun game. Although I just hope they do it such that it doesn't get old fast, because it also looks like it could be one of those kind of games.

Hey, I just got a Wii with Super Paper Mario, and I'm looking at Far Cry Instincts, as it's only $20, and another game would be nice. The reviews I've read either hated it with every ounce of their body or loved it despite its graphical flaws. Anyone here play it? Is it worth $20?