Nintendo Wii

Smoke

IGN has an article now, saying that the following games will be out in Japan THIS year:

* Donkey Kong Taru Jet Race (DK Jet or DK Bongo Blast, US) - June 28, 2007

* Wii Health Pack -- 2007

* Disaster: Day of Crisis - 2007

* Mario Party 8 - 2007

* Project H.A.M.M.E.R. - 2007

* Wii Music - 2007

* Super Mario Galaxy - 2007

* Super Smash Bros. Brawl - 2007

* Battalion Wars II - 2007

* Forever Blue - 2007

* Mario Strikers Charged - 2007

* Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - 2007

* Mario and Sonic at the Olympics - 2007

This is pretty great news me thinks :) And there's still games that have yet to make Europe that are out now, or later as well like Pokemon BR and Paper Mario.

Is it safe to assume we'll see Metroid Prime 3 in US/Europe before Japan?

On an unrelated note: IGN now also reviewed Heatseeker, (which I bought and returned after 15 minutes of play, not too long ago).

All I can say is: what the hell is going through the developer's mind when he says "okay team, I think the game is done! We did the best we could do so let's release it onto the masses!"

This game is nothing like they promised it would be, so where the heck did it go wrong?

Nintendo needs better quality control on their silly 3rd party people T__T;

This system in my opinion is to hyped up.

I think they all are. Right now I'm having more fun playing old generation systems...

I'm happy the Wii is such a huge succes though, but I don't want us "true gamers" (*roll eyes at me saying that*)to suffer so much under the effects of mainstreamness.

Hell, I'm still having a blast with Zelda Prime. Of course, I haven't had the Wii very long. I really don't see how anyone could get bored with the "novelty" of this system, although it must be true. Everything gets old eventually.

Anyway, I'm glad that Nintendo is coming up with some new franchises. They need to create more, and release their old ones more rarely. Mario and the crew have been milked dry, although the games still rock.

Hell, I'm still having a blast with Zelda Prime. Of course, I haven't had the Wii very long. I really don't see how anyone could get bored with the "novelty" of this system, although it must be true. Everything gets old eventually.

Anyway, I'm glad that Nintendo is coming up with some new franchises. They need to create more, and release their old ones more rarely. Mario and the crew have been milked dry, although the games still rock.

If they still rock, they haven't been milked dry. There's still milk left in them.

Enough with the milk analogies!

Is it safe to assume we'll see Metroid Prime 3 in US/Europe before Japan?

Definitely in the US first before any others, I know we got Echoes about a year before Japan did. Not sure about the EU, I know the original Prime they got some extra stuff (visor voice introducing different areas, bug fixes, et cetera), so I'd assume it won't be immediate over there. But logic suggests it will come out US, then EU, then Japan.

everything got old for me reeeeeeeal fast

everything got old for me reeeeeeeal fast

One of my roommates, after playing through Zelda, got somewhat tired of the motion controls too (at least, those which could be just as well handled by a button press...so for him, Trauma Center still retained its freshness). I'm still enjoying the motion controls and don't see myself getting tired of them anytime soon, but I can see how might wear thin for some.

So yeah, that Metroid Prime 3...lookin' forward to that. I'd really like it if we got one of those big titles by early July at the latest (and at this point, I don't really even care if its Mario Galaxy, Prime 3, or SSBB), since I'll be done with school by then and I'll have at least a little more time for games.

I don't think the motion thing deal is getting old, but I do think not alot of games are using it properly, so they're kind of ruining it...

Of all the games I've played on Wii so far, I'd say Wii Sports/Play and Dragonball make the best use of the motion sensing controller without making it feel weird.

I have high expectations for Prime 3 and it's control scheme :)

Well, the old Wii thread had more than 300 pages, but this one is also a...

legendary_thread.jpg

On a side note, if you enjoyed Half-Life 2 on the PC and like the WiiMote, check out THIS MOD!

It allows you to play Half-Life 2 on the PC using the WiiMote as an input device!

Aiming is done via the WiiMote while the crowbar is swung (?) with the Nunchuk! Very cool way to replay this great game!

It's only a beta release but I didn't have any errors...

I just suggest using the Bluetooth-stack called "BlueSoleil" as it seems to work best with this mod...

NinjaN

At least it's not like those early mods that used the tilt function to control the cursor.

The controller everyone thought was going to be a joke at first, has become a legendary tool in home mods. There's even people making PC apps that work like the channel menu, with support for the wiimote, to launch programs/emulators/etc.

Well, the old Wii thread had more than 300 pages, but this one is also a...

legendary_thread.jpg

On a side note, if you enjoyed Half-Life 2 on the PC and like the WiiMote, check out THIS MOD!

It allows you to play Half-Life 2 on the PC using the WiiMote as an input device!

Aiming is done via the WiiMote while the crowbar is swung (?) with the Nunchuk! Very cool way to replay this great game!

It's only a beta release but I didn't have any errors...

I just suggest using the Bluetooth-stack called "BlueSoleil" as it seems to work best with this mod...

NinjaN

OH HOLY SHIT YES.

INSTANT POLL:

Who here thinks this thread is legendary?

Not only because of it's length but also because of it's mass of information, it's long life time and because of all it's cool "sub-discussions"...

Vote count:

LEGENDARY: 1

Not LEGENDARY: 0

PS:

How did you use the WiiMote as a mouse? Is this the "GlovePIE" stuff?

Has anyone else picked up a copy of Heatseeker? I'm kinda undecided about what I think of the game. It's definitely one of those 'play for an hour at a time max, then stop playing it immediately' games, as it gets very repetitive, very quickly. However, it is actually a lot of fun and the controls work really well, plus the impact cam is pretty cool (for a while).

However, for anyone considering getting it, you should be aware of a few problems - firstly, the mission structure is extremely repetitive and it almost always follows the same pattern of 'you have a basic objective to carry out, then OH NO WE'VE GOT HOSTILES!'. Secondly, using bombs is a real pain in the arse - the aiming system for bombs requires you to be roughly directly over your target, and seeing as you can't actually get your plane to entirely stop moving in the air you keep having to do these laboriously slow sweeps over ships and submarines until you get a hit. It's far easier (and more enjoyable) simply to come in low and fire off a few missiles.

Finally, the voice acting is a real mixed bag, with some of the commanders sounding pretty good, but with some of the supporting cast sounding absolutely atrocious. Of special note is Divot, who has to be the campest wingman ever - he constantly shouts things like 'good flying DT!' (your nickname is 'Downtown' in the game) and says things like like 'scratch ONE!' and 'KABOOM!' when you blow-up an enemy.

So yeah, it's fun in short bursts and the controls are mostly excellent, but if you're looking for something with a lot of depth and with decent, 'not just another port' graphics, this isn't it.

I probably already said it a few pages ago: I traded it in after like 30 minutes of play.

I got to the part where you have to do the bombing (level 2) and everytime I'd drop a bomb, I'd crash into something else right after. T__T

I just couldn't get into the game and I really think the controls were bad.

Other than that; every other aspect of the game is an insult too.

Yeah, as I said, the system for dropping bombs is pretty awful, it would have been far easier if a little window popped up showing what was directly below you and then bombs dropped vertically from beneath your plane, rather than going in arc. Anyway, I still think it's an ok game, shame you hated it so much.

Yeah, as I said, the system for dropping bombs is pretty awful, it would have been far easier if a little window popped up showing what was directly below you and then bombs dropped vertically from beneath your plane, rather than going in arc. Anyway, I still think it's an ok game, shame you hated it so much.

Yeah, I wish I didn't hate it so much because I was really looking forward to this game and had high hopes.

Maybe I should have given it more time, but I just couldn't find anything to like about what I saw.

I never really cared about graphics before, but lately, Wii games have been really putting me off.

I hope developers are gonna start using it's full power soon.