Nintendo Wii

Smoke

I totally agree, there is absolutely no reason why the Wii version of Heatseeker should have extremely similar graphics to the PS2 version, other than the fact the developers were clearly lazy and couldn't be bothered to implement anything better.

On the same vein, I'm actually getting really tired of how people seem to label the Wii as graphically weak - sure, it's not exactly pumping out the same stuff as the PS3, but people have started labelling it as being like 'two Gamecubes'. Now hang on a minute, I seem to remember certain GC games like Metroid Prime and Resi 4 as being phenomenally good-looking games, ones that still look awesome today. With this in mind, is the idea of the Wii being 'twice as powerful as a Gamecube' really that bad, graphically speaking? The answer is no, it's just that developers are being lazy and porting across crap. This really is a shame, because while I'm not exactly expecting every game that's coming out to look like those shots we've seen of Prime 3 and Mario Galaxy, people are obviously looking at the graphically awful ports the Wii seems to be getting by the truckload and are assuming that's how it's always going to be.

Anyway, no doubt this has all been said before, but it's really starting to grate now. At the very least games should look like high-end GC games right now and certainly not like something you'd expect to see on a PSP.

Here's a question about the DS/Wii Wi-fi dongle. I have a bit of an Ethernet issue with my computer and because of it, I can't hook up my wireless network until I get it fixed. In the meantime I thought about buying the Nintendo thingummy and took a look at one today. The thing is, it only stated Windows XP compatibility on the packaging and my decrepit old rig still runs Windows 2000 Professional. Will it work with my computer or not?

BTW, don't bother telling me to upgrade, I will when I can afford to, my computer needs major work.

PS: I guess it wasn't already obvious so I'll state it plainly. I already have a wireless router that works just fine, but until my computer sees some repairs, I can't make use of it.

Shortly after Nintendo boasted that it's current working on 127 games, a partial list of the titles "in the pipe" was leaked. Here's some of what's coming between Summer '07, and Winter '11...

Mario Galaxy

Mario Party 8

Mario Party 9

Mario Party 10

Mario Party 11

Mario Party 12

Metroid Prime 3

Metroid Prime 4

Metroid Prime 5

Mario Tennis 2

Mario Tennis 3

Mario Tennis 4

Mario Tennis 5

Mario Strikers Charged

Mario Strikers Amped

Mario Strikers Tweaked

Mario Strikers Cranked

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games

Mario & Sonic at the Special Olympic Games

Ultra Paper Mario

Rock, Paper Mario, Scissors

Legend of Zelda: Daybreak Prince

Legend of Zelda: Mid Afternoon Pauper

Star Fox Wii

Star Fox Wii² (its development name is "WiiWii")

Kirby's Adventure

Kirby's Adventure 2

* Kirby's Dirty Adventure (packed with the new Wii-mote that includes a vibration function)

Mario and Donkey Kong's Karaoke

Mario and Donkey Kong's Karaoke Extra Salsa Mix

Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Super Smash Brothers Fistacuffs

Super Smash Brothers Themsfightinwords

* Super Smashed Brothers: Vicious Crosswinds

Luigi's Mansion 2: Still Suckin'

*= Limited release under Nintendo's new "Kiddie No-Mo" label.

Anyway, no doubt this has all been said before, but it's really starting to grate now. At the very least games should look like high-end GC games right now and certainly not like something you'd expect to see on a PSP.

It's still true no matter how many times it's said.

Like I said, graphics didn't bother me before, because I don't compare Nintendo to other next generation machines. But when things are looking worse than last generation machines, that's when I get annoyed (not to mention a little sick).

Even the DS can impress me, but if I'd see a DS game that looks like a GB colour game, I'd get that same kinda mad.

If the strategy of these people is to get their crappy games out as soon as possible to cash in on "the hype" (which it doesn't have to be, in fact, most of us know for fact that the Wii isn't just some hype tool), then ugh screw them.

I know I'll be much more careful now when concidering buying a third party title, especially ports T__T;

Here's a question about the DS/Wii Wi-fi dongle. I have a bit of an Ethernet issue with my computer and because of it, I can't hook up my wireless network until I get it fixed. In the meantime I thought about buying the Nintendo thingummy and took a look at one today. The thing is, it only stated Windows XP compatibility on the packaging and my decrepit old rig still runs Windows 2000 Professional. Will it work with my computer or not?

BTW, don't bother telling me to upgrade, I will when I can afford to, my computer needs major work.

Why don't you simply buy the Wii LAN adapter? It's cheaper than the USB WiFi dongle and it doesn't need your PC...

I have both the USB WiFi Connector (original from Nintendo) and the Wii Lan adapter. The latter is the better solution, at least for me...

As I understand it, you have a wired network atm, right?

NinjaN

Agreed. Especially since you can get a fairly decent one, for not much more than the cost of the USB WiFi dongle.

I already have a Wi-fi router. I just can't use it right now. I'm looking for an alternative fix for the time being.

I'll look into the LAN adapter option.

North American Virtual Console releases today (sorry I'm late)

Might Bomb Jack (NES) - A Toture room, and rated #14 on the worst Nintendo games on some site, what's not to love?

Final Fight (SNES) - Well more 'final' than fantasy I suppose

Ordyne (T16) - A shmup on the Turbografx? There's something new.

If you send someone a message by their Wii number, where will they find it? Will it let you know "You've got mail!", somehow?

Pretty sure the slot lights up blue. but only if it's in standby mode (i think) and then you can check your messages. It's in the same place that nintendo sends you those messages saying how long you played certain games.

I can't stay interested in Super Paper Mario for some reason. I beat a stage, then I want to stop. If stage 3-4 was the only cool thing that is in this game, that I'll probably keep playing like this.

There are some low points in the game where I felt the same way too. Some of the later levels feel kind of half-assed with environments that just repeat way too much.

North American Virtual Console releases today (sorry I'm late)

Might Bomb Jack (NES) - A Toture room, and rated #14 on the worst Nintendo games on some site, what's not to love?

Final Fight (SNES) - Well more 'final' than fantasy I suppose

Ordyne (T16) - A shmup on the Turbografx? There's something new.

ok, since noone else has said it, i will

i highly appreciate you doing these updates every monday

saves me time from checking to see what is new and helps me to decide if i want something or not