Nintendo Wii

Smoke

Right now I've got Donkey Kong Country, Mario Kart 64, and Star Fox 64, but am looking for some that I haven't yet experienced to add to the list as opposed to old favorites that I'm already familiar with. Most titles on the current VC list are ones that I haven't played (save for punch out!!, the zelda's, the mario's, and f-zero).

That's funny, add A Link to the Past, Kirby's Dreamland and Super Castlevania IV and you've got my VC collection.

Hey, does anyone here have sound troubles with their Wii? No matter what I connect it to, the audio clips like crazy. This is particularly noticable in Zelda on Hyrule Field, with the really loud bassline. I tried connecting the Wii directly to my stereo instead of through my TV, and it still does it. Anyone else experience this? It sounds like the entire thing is being run through some light overdrive.

I went and bought some new cables to see if that's what it was, and it still happens. Looks like I'm gonna have to send this in. The guy at Circuit City said the same thing happened to his friend's, and they replaced it no problem, so that's good. Nintendo is usually awesome with customer service. Just gonna finish up Zelda on it, then I can play something else for a week or so.

Hey, does anyone here have sound troubles with their Wii? No matter what I connect it to, the audio clips like crazy. This is particularly noticable in Zelda on Hyrule Field, with the really loud bassline. I tried connecting the Wii directly to my stereo instead of through my TV, and it still does it. Anyone else experience this? It sounds like the entire thing is being run through some light overdrive.

That hasn't happened to me either. You might want to call Nintendo, it might be covered in your warranty.

As they are released, I will be adding WFC Wii games to the ClanOCR Database for easy access to friend codes.

I haven't decided how to handle the icons for them though. Every DS game comes with its own 32x32 icon (visible in the firmware to boot the game), but Wii's "disc channel" image is much too large and detailed to scale down anywhere near that size (and is not easily rippable either), so I'd probably have to use some sort of small logo. Do Wii saves have small icons like the gamecube saves did? If those can be extracted from the saves, that will neatly solve the issue.

Mario Strikers: Charged gameplay and online hands-on.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/788/788419p1.html

*sigh* Sadly, it looks like we're indeed stuck with friends codes. Damn you, Nintendo! Don't go 80% on us and drop the ball! :cry:

It only takes ten seconds or so to register a friendcode, and if you had read the preview a bit more you'd see that it also involves a whole lot of other nice additional features currently not present in the DS online system.

Not to mention that you can play against random opponents without needing to add friendcodes.

Hehehe.

New characters announced:

Tatl/Tale/Navi 3 fairy team-up

the Giant (available in 4 fabulous colors)

And The Moon. (only one move, but it really hurts, whe it hits.)

Possible characters from that game also include: Fierce Deity Link (which really should have been his smash move), Deku Link, Goron Link, Zora Link, and Giant Link (but you have to win in 15 seconds)

Hehehe.

New characters announced:

Tatl/Tale/Navi 3 fairy team-up

the Giant (available in 4 fabulous colors)

And The Moon. (only one move, but it really hurts, whe it hits.)

Possible characters from that game also include: Fierce Deity Link (which really should have been his smash move), Deku Link, Goron Link, Zora Link, and Giant Link (but you have to win in 15 seconds)

I'm really hoping they put Majora's Mask onto VC. Never got to play it, and I'd definitely like to.

its another delay

trust me i know

Actually, since I work for Nintendo Canada (trust me, I'm on the INTERNET!!!) I can assure you that it's not a delay.

Instead, SSBB will be a MMORPG based on friend codes which will involve realistic dating simulation between various male members of the cast.

It's true, I'm saying this on the INTERNET!

I highly doubt it will be a delay. They would not hype up a delay announcment UNLESS it came with something positive. Since the game seems pretty much complete in the sense of innovations, I am more enclined to believe that a release date will be announced. (seriously though, how can they delay a game that has no release announced?)