Nintendo Wii

Smoke

Um...don't only certain games do that? I don't think it has anything to do with the firmware really.

Then I must have really bad luck, since Zelda, Super Paper Mario, Godfather, Excite Truck, Rayman and Prince of Persia all do that.. that I've noticed. Those are the only ones I've played when my batteries have been low.

I think every game has it set in so there's some sort of on screen warning when the batteries are getting low. I just wish they had a firmware setting to completely override that, so I don't get bothered by it at all. I know when my batteries are low. I can see the blue LED flashing when it gets too low, and I can always just hit the home button to see the status on-screen if I want to.

But, with the exception of Rayman, all the games bring up a damn status window complaining about the low batteries, constantly. More than once it actually corrupted my game in Godfather, because it decided to do it while I was in the middle of saving. With Rayman, it just flashes a little low battery icon in the corner of the screen.

I think I'm going to get a charge kit. I'm tired of buying batteries every two weeks.

By the way, any Monkey Ball fans here (people who've played the earlier monkey ball games)? Is the 'new' one worth the dough?

It really isn't worth it if you want to play the actual Monkey Ball game single-player. The sensitivity of the Wii Controller is so high it is near impossible to play and have fun. I recommend Super Monkey Ball 2 if you want to play the single-player game if you can still find it in your local store. On the other hand the multi-player is the best I have found this side of Wario Ware.

Guess who's gonna get it tomorrow...

IT'S A ME!

But, unfortunatley, I'm not at home this weekend, so I can play monday evening at best...

I hope there will be some tournaments!

If not, I will try to set one up on my own (for Europe only... ;-( )

@Kak:

How did you get it already?

Tomorrow is the release date in Europe where it hits first.

Did some store break the street date or do you have a "good friend" in some shop?

Got my Strike on earlier today as well. Officially it's not out until tomorrow, but some stores are selling early(I walked in, asked for it, and bought it)

Pretty entertaining so far, matches are short enough to keep them interesting, and the online gaming is fairly lag-free.

Strikers friend code: 012985 487111

Yay, my first GAME friend code...I would cherish this if I didn't hate the fucking things so bad. If anyone adds me, note that I'm in the US so there is a little lag to deal with (it's really not that bad, but just warning).

I still think the XBox 360 16-digit Live codes are worse (for buying stuff on XBLA, and for activating a 1 year subscription).

(From an article on IGN) New Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles trailer!! I'm pretty impressed, it has definitely undergone a great change since the Gamecube game and shows an upgrade in the single player experience. I'm still really hoping it'll have similar multiplayer to the Gamecube game, since that was the reason I really liked the original.

yeah except the first one sucked because it had absolutely no story

fun multiplayer but not enough to get me to like it

although 4 swords had no story but the multiplayer was too good to pass up

It really isn't worth it if you want to play the actual Monkey Ball game single-player. The sensitivity of the Wii Controller is so high it is near impossible to play and have fun. I recommend Super Monkey Ball 2 if you want to play the single-player game if you can still find it in your local store. On the other hand the multi-player is the best I have found this side of Wario Ware.

Huh, that's too bad to hear. I was wondering about the new monkey ball game myself...I was playing the first one just this morning, actually. Oh well, maybe I'll rent it and see for myself.

I recommend forgetting about Monkeyball. I rented Banana Blitz and the picky controls + spazzy camera made it decidedly unfun. If you want a great roll-maze game I strongly recommend checking out Kororinpa Marble Mania. For something in the same vein but quite different in play you should also check out Mercury Meltdown Revolution.

I recommend forgetting about Monkeyball. I rented Banana Blitz and the picky controls + spazzy camera made it decidedly unfun. If you want a great roll-maze game I strongly recommend checking out Kororinpa Marble Mania. For something in the same vein but quite different in play you should also check out Mercury Meltdown Revolution.

I don't recommend Kororinpa, you can beat the whole game in 3 hours. Mercury Meltdown comes out in a couple weeks at $30, and reviews seem overwhelmingly positive.

I don't recommend Kororinpa, you can beat the whole game in 3 hours. Mercury Meltdown comes out in a couple weeks at $30, and reviews seem overwhelmingly positive.

Thanks, I'll have to check that out. Maybe rent marble mania...At any rate the virtual console is keeping me busy enough with fun games that I haven't gotten to experience before, and the original monkey ball is still challenging enough for me that I could always go back to it for the 9,999 play point challenge or something if I get truly bored. I also didn't play monkey ball 2 all that thoroughly, so I may revisit that at some point in the future. Plenty to keep me busy until Metroid Prime 3. :-)