Nintendo Wii

Smoke

I like how that firebird logo seems to be made in Illustrator using the whirl tool on an orange shape *whahahahaha* T__T; Very official.

They better make one for DBZ too! I expect to be able to shoot balls of energy out of my controller to make for a more realistic experience >_>.

In other news, Brawl has been reconfirmed for 2007. So, I guess we can expect it sometime in the next 7 months.......

F***ing sweet. Didn't know that.

This is gonna be a rough year for funds though... uuugh.

Corruption in August

Strikers in July

Mario Party in just a couple days

Galaxy some time this fall

now Brawl as well? Jeeeze. I'd better get a job.

Some sad news to report on Strikers...if your opponent throws a hissy fit and disconnects because he's starting to lose, you don't get credited with a win. You get to keep your points from the game, but not the 10 points you gain from a victory.

Nintendo has to wise up and realize there are douchebags out there who can't play these games properly. If this is going to turn into another "I'm losing so I'll just disconnect" game it's not going to live very long...

North American Virtual Console releases today:

ActRaiser (SNES) - Part platform, part RPG, all classic

Kid Chameleon (GEN) - If you took the mask-gameply from Majora's Mask, and made it a platformer in the early days of the Genesis

J.J. and Jeff (T16) - Hey, let's take a game that has the same gameplay as Adventure Island, but when we port it to the US take out all the crude humor that set it apart in the first place

Some sad news to report on Strikers...if your opponent throws a hissy fit and disconnects because he's starting to lose, you don't get credited with a win. You get to keep your points from the game, but not the 10 points you gain from a victory.

Nintendo has to wise up and realize there are douchebags out there who can't play these games properly. If this is going to turn into another "I'm losing so I'll just disconnect" game it's not going to live very long...

You don't get a win, but the other person loses points.

Also, I was just reading the Wikipedia article on Strikers and it gave a very plausible reason for using individual friend codes: each friend code is attached to a specific Mii, not console/game combo, so you can have multiple stats for multiple people all on the same console. If everything just used the console's Wii code, this would not be possible.

Although a still-better solution would be to attach universal friend codes to the Miis instead of making each game-specific.

Well, we've known those have been "in development" for quite some time... a lot of the article is simply making a big deal out of previously confirmed vague statements and such. However, the key to calling it fake is that he claimed motion-sensing control was an option in Brawl's main gameplay. We've been told Brawl will feature motion-sensing control to some degree, but not in the main gameplay. Also, as someone mentioned in the comments on that page, if he knew the next new character and really wanted to "keep us informed," he would have been out with it. As it is you know he's pussyfooting his way around to keep from being revealed as the big phony he is come the next public announcement, probably at/after E3.

I highly doubt that that article is true. The Brawl section was already proven to be fake.

And I can't picture Nintendo doing an extremely dark, gritty, ultra-realistic Zelda.

Yeah me either. But right after i beat Twilight Princess i was thinking about how i wanted to play a realistic gritty more mature story. Traditional Zelda story is getting old to me even though the gameplay is still aces. Didn't Miyamoto promise that TP was the last Zelda that was going to be in the OoT game play style? something like that.

So there's this rumor that a new grittier Zelda and a new Mario Kart for Wii are in development. http://www.n-galaxy.com/index.php?do=viewarticle&id=511

If that's true then I'll be very pleased. but alas it's probably BS. but an interesting read.

Fake news is faaaaaaake. I read the post in Neo GAF, if this was real he'd be breaking a lot of NDAs and Nintendo would have been all over this. Also the fact the source of the rumor is questioned repeatedly by the higher members proves this isn't true (also the fact he hasn't been asked by Nintendo to pull the info off is weird). There might be some truth but honestly take anything you hear with a grain of salt. Nintendo is known for its super secrecy so anything is possible.

Edit: both Miyamoto and Aonuma have said that TP would be the last Zelda to play like OoT. DS Zelda is the first in the line of more intuitive controlled Zelda's coming out to bring back sales in Japan and to bring in more casual gamers while I guess keeping the hardcore players in mind.

Just picked up a copy of Mario Party 8. I can't play it for another 5 hours though, cuz I've got a golf tee-off time very shortly. :cry: In any case, I've already arranged 3 friends to come over to test drive the hell out of it. A 100 turn game or something sounds to be in order... if there is one. lol, it better as hell still have immediate multi player available.

Just picked up a copy of Mario Party 8. I can't play it for another 5 hours though, cuz I've got a golf tee-off time very shortly. :cry: In any case, I've already arranged 3 friends to come over to test drive the hell out of it. A 100 turn game or something sounds to be in order... if there is one. lol, it better as hell still have immediate multi player available.

I'm hoping I can pick this up today, and should have an opportunity to party all night within the next couple of weeks. It sounds like it could be very exciting. It only requires the Wiimote, right? I don't have 4 Nunchuks.

Honestly, I'm glad that's the last traditional Zelda game. It was an amazing game, but I don't think the series could take another game following the same formula without getting stale. I'd be totally up for a reimagining of the series, that could lead to a really cool game.

I agree. It's time to move on. Maybe they should give Zelda a break for a while in general. But I would be sick if it were an MMO.

By the way, does anyone think that Malo Mart (the one in Castle Town) is horribly disturbing? Seriously, they're all dancing and the music is annoying. I bought that one item and ran like hell.

Malo Mart is by far the most awesome room in the entire game.

MMO isn't exactly what I was thinking, but we could at least ditch the whole "Hyrule revolves around a central field" thing, and have a different general progression than collect 3 items, get Master Sword. It'd be cool to actually journey somewhere, a la FFX, instead of just going back and forth over a smaller area. I'd even be up for a reimagining of Link, like he could be a soldier in the Hylian army, or something like that. Maybe instead of wearing the green garb the entire game, and knowing you're the hero, maybe you could have something else, and not get the tunic until right before the final boss. I'm just rambling.