Nintendo Wii

Smoke

So I'm really debating whether or not I want to get Pokemon battle revolution. On one hand, it'd be pretty cool to see all my Pokeymans in 3D. On the other hand, it's 50 bucks for stuff I can do on the DS and N64.

Well, I'll be buying it simply because I enjoy the spectacle.

I wouldn't get it. The special attacks look pretty nifty, but the Pokemon are stiff as hell. When they do Double Team, they zip back and forth quickly but don't move their legs (if they have any). For christ sake, the trainers don't even have voice acting. It's so half-assed and lazy it's insane.

The novelty of seeing the new Pokemon in 3D will wear off pretty quickly...just don't even bother with it.

I wouldn't get it. The special attacks look pretty nifty, but the Pokemon are stiff as hell. When they do Double Team, they zip back and forth quickly but don't move their legs (if they have any). For christ sake, the trainers don't even have voice acting. It's so half-assed and lazy it's insane.

The novelty of seeing the new Pokemon in 3D will wear off pretty quickly...just don't even bother with it.

Really? That's terrible T__T, so basically nothing has changed since Pokemon Stadium 64.

I'm so sick of how they're treating the Pokemon franchise. Is it so hard to make a the proper 3D rpg we've all been asking for over the past so many years?

Really? That's terrible T__T, so basically nothing has changed since Pokemon Stadium 64.

I'm so sick of how they're treating the Pokemon franchise. Is it so hard to make a the proper 3D rpg we've all been asking for over the past so many years?

To Nintendo? Yes.

At least Pokemon Stadium 64 had the ability to play the actual Pokemon games, through.. wasn't it the transfer pack?

honestly, it doesn't even have to be a 3D RPG. High resolution sprites would work just fine. Even making it have some sort of semi-realtime fighting and making it multiplayer with your friends would be cool, making it a world almost like Diablo 2 in design, where you're not simply trying to race to beat everything, but instead can wander around.. almost like in the cartoon, where you take your time to actually do stuff, training your pokemon with friends, instead of just battling them against eachother for no real good reason.

Playing some of the RE4 Wii version...so far, the additions have been nothing but great. Being able to point and shoot makes the game a lot more fun.

The weird thing about the Japanese version though...it's censored, and I hope that won't be the case when it comes out in the US later this month. Shooting a guy in the head, seeing a massive blood explosion but having the head remain is odd. Also, I'm no expert in Japanese but it's obvious the subtitles rarely ever match what's actually being said (the spoken dialogue is still English). Wonder why that is.

Playing some of the RE4 Wii version...so far, the additions have been nothing but great. Being able to point and shoot makes the game a lot more fun.

The weird thing about the Japanese version though...it's censored, and I hope that won't be the case when it comes out in the US later this month. Shooting a guy in the head, seeing a massive blood explosion but having the head remain is odd. Also, I'm no expert in Japanese but it's obvious the subtitles rarely ever match what's actually being said (the spoken dialogue is still English). Wonder why that is.

I believe other previous Resident Evils' have been censored in Japan too, but I don't know for sure. I hope the game isn't like that when it get over here. I'm greatly considering getting it. ;)

So I'm really debating whether or not I want to get Pokemon battle revolution. On one hand, it'd be pretty cool to see all my Pokeymans in 3D. On the other hand, it's 50 bucks for stuff I can do on the DS and N64.

It's got ten different stadiums that each have their own challenge. Beating all ten unlocks a second round for all of them that's even harder.

http://serebii.net/battle/colosseum.shtml

Between that and the character customization, and the ability to purchase some of the rare items in D/P, I'd say it's worth a buy. I'll be getting it, at least. Can't be worse than the GCN titles.

EDIT: And you can get a Surfing, Volt Tackling Pikachu.

North American Virtual Console releases today:

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (NES) - I AM ERROR

Milon's Secret Castle (NES) - I hope you're wearing the wriststraps, you'll be throwing the controller in frustration

Toe Jam & Earl in Panic on Funkotron (GEN) - The sequel takes a decidedly more platform approach

Dead Moon (T16) - This sounds like either a horror movie, or a Western, but since it's Turbografx-16, it's obviously a shmup.

Zelda 2 is underrated. It's actually a very well-designed game. I like it a lot. Gaining levels is fun, and there's a lot of strategy involved with the usage of spells. I can already see a lot of people buying this one, dying 100 times, and putting down the game because of supposed flaws, when the real culprit is the extreme difficulty.

And Milon's Secret Castle is hard as hell too. It would be a lot better if it had a password feature. Yet, the Wii sortof has 'save states', so it's not a big problem.

And you can get a Surfing, Volt Tackling Pikachu.

As cool as that concept is, it shouldn't be possible...this also brings me to the topic of knowing that species line is decent, but hating it due to the amount of attention it gets from the anime side of the Pokemon world. It really bothers me.

As cool as that concept is, it shouldn't be possible...this also brings me to the topic of knowing that species line is decent, but hating it due to the amount of attention it gets from the anime side of the Pokemon world. It really bothers me.

Why shouldn't it be possible?

It comes with a light ball equipped, too. XP

Why shouldn't it be possible?

It comes with a light ball equipped, too. XP

The current state of a Pikachu either having one or the other is the best way to do it in my opinion. Either optimize your electric damage or help yourself against your ground weakness. I liked people having to choose between the two.

The current state of a Pikachu either having one or the other is the best way to do it in my opinion. Either optimize your electric damage or help yourself against your ground weakness. I liked people having to choose between the two.

The mental image of surfing on top of a pikachu is disturbing.

I guess Pika has to carry around and share a surf board to make this possible.

The more I play RE4 Wii the more it hurts that UC was supposed to be just like this but they dumbed it down...I hope nobody buys that game, regardless if it's good or not, to punish Capcom for taking away what-might-have-been.

I owe it to myself to buy UC if it's bad or not, I'm too huge of a RE fan to miss out on it. There's a section of my bedroom dedicated to the series, heh.

Lode Runner (NES) - We got Zelda II last week, so this week we get a game that predates the system itself.

Golden Axe II (GEN) - I hate it when I camp out and David the gnome steals my stuff

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (GEN) - They're slowly releasing the Sonic games to hype him up for his appearance in the Olympic games.

All the weeks I've been doing this and I can't decide if I want to go the 'helpful one sentence review' way or 'sarcastic comments that don't explain the game at all' way.

Lode Runner (NES) - We got Zelda II last week, so this week we get a game that predates the system itself.

Golden Axe II (GEN) - I hate it when I camp out and David the gnome steals my stuff

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (GEN) - They're slowly releasing the Sonic games to hype him up for his appearance in the Olympic games.

All the weeks I've been doing this and I can't decide if I want to go the 'helpful one sentence review' way or 'sarcastic comments that don't explain the game at all' way.

The Sarcastic comments make me laugh.... Plus you get any one can give helpful comments.

I'm a console modder. I've noticed that 100% of the N64 titles that have been released for Virtual Console so far are in the small set of games that can be run in Nintendo's own N64 Emulator for Gamecube.

What is this emulator I speak of? Let me draw your attention to two gamecube games: Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition and Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time + Master Quest. These promotional games featured emulated versions of Ocarina of Time and either Ocarina of Time Master Quest or Majora's Mask, depending on the game. (Collector's Edition also had the 2 NES Zeldas and a Wind Waker demo).

Not so recently, the console modding community has been able to rip this emulator from these discs, and run other N64 games on modded gamecubes using these. Classics such as Super Mario 64, Star Fox 64, Mario Kart 64, Pilotwings 64, F-Zero X, of course the Zelda games, and not much else, could be played on this emulator. All of the current N64 virtual console games previously ran on this emulator.

What does this mean for Virtual Console? I predict F-Zero X to be released soon (It already has been in Japan), Pilotwings 64, and Ocarina of Time Master Quest. Majora's Mask may soon follow - Those who played it on the Zelda Collector's Edition know that it was a little glitchy with sound problems and lower than the original's FPS at times. These are the games that would require the least work to be done on Nintendo's emulator to work with virtual console.

Sadly, much work will have to be done to make other games run. We're already feeling a lack of N64 games for virtual console, and there are not many titles remaining that can work with the current software.