Nintendo Wii

Smoke

The mental image of surfing on top of a pikachu is disturbing.

I guess Pika has to carry around and share a surf board to make this possible.

In the Pokemon Special/Adventures manga, Red's Pikachu creates a Substitute, then reshapes it into a surfboard to use the attack.

In the Pokemon Special/Adventures manga, Red's Pikachu creates a Substitute, then reshapes it into a surfboard to use the attack.

FFS? That's pretty nuts. Very clever, also.

The only issue with the key thing is that doesn't a Wiimote need to sync with the bluetooth in a system before it can be used? Otherwise anyone with a Wiimote could compromise that security.

I'm a console modder. I've noticed that 100% of the N64 titles that have been released for Virtual Console so far are in the small set of games that can be run in Nintendo's own N64 Emulator for Gamecube.

What is this emulator I speak of? Let me draw your attention to two gamecube games: Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition and Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time + Master Quest. These promotional games featured emulated versions of Ocarina of Time and either Ocarina of Time Master Quest or Majora's Mask, depending on the game. (Collector's Edition also had the 2 NES Zeldas and a Wind Waker demo).

Not so recently, the console modding community has been able to rip this emulator from these discs, and run other N64 games on modded gamecubes using these. Classics such as Super Mario 64, Star Fox 64, Mario Kart 64, Pilotwings 64, F-Zero X, of course the Zelda games, and not much else, could be played on this emulator. All of the current N64 virtual console games previously ran on this emulator.

What does this mean for Virtual Console? I predict F-Zero X to be released soon (It already has been in Japan), Pilotwings 64, and Ocarina of Time Master Quest. Majora's Mask may soon follow - Those who played it on the Zelda Collector's Edition know that it was a little glitchy with sound problems and lower than the original's FPS at times. These are the games that would require the least work to be done on Nintendo's emulator to work with virtual console.

Sadly, much work will have to be done to make other games run. We're already feeling a lack of N64 games for virtual console, and there are not many titles remaining that can work with the current software.

How about Paper Mario? They've stated that will be coming out for VC.

Also, first Chocobo's Dungeon vid for the Wii. It's looking pretty awesome to me, especially since it reminds me a lot of Final Fantasy Fables Chocobo Tales.

North American Virtual Console releases today:

NES Open Tournament Golf (NES) - Upset that the PGA Tour is over? Get a golf fix with this game, even though if you really need a golf fix you'd be playing Wii Sports anyway

Bloody Wolf (T16) - There is gameplay of run and the gun and the title of fearful Engrish here

World Sports Competiton (T16) - I suppose it would be rather difficult to have the NES title World Class Track Meet on the VC.

Right now, we are still short a few games for me to be content (not happy, but content).

NES: Crystalis, Startropics (II)

Genesis: Crusader of Centy, Shining Force (II), the rest of the Sonic games

SNES: E.V.O., Super Metroid, Secret of Mana, Earthbound

TG-16: Bonk 3 (admittedly, I'm lacking in experience here)

N64: Majora's Mask, Smash Bros., F-Zero

As far as what I really _want_ out of it, I'd like to see "updated" versions of NES games that had extra sound channels in Japan (e.g. Zelda, Metroid, Castlevania, et al) so that I don't have to get the emulators out. That and Star Ocean/SD3 would make me extremely happy.

Too bad we don't get the Turbo Duo....

Yes, that makes me very sad. I was really looking forward to some F-Zero today and am too lazy to deal with hooking up the N64.

I actually still have my N64 hooked up and have F-Zeo X in there right now. But I want the updated visuals. I wish we were able to get different regions, cuz I have the Japanese version of F-Zero X which I like better for one reason (this may sound shallow), Blood Falcon's ship in the JP version is called the Hell Hawk, but was renamed Blood Hawk in the US version. I found it cool that Nintendo (in Japan at least) was more leaniant about harsh words like Hell and Damn.

Bardic, you should also add Air Zonk to that list of TG-16 games.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6172830.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;0

With Manhunt 2 being rated AO by the ESRB, Sony and Nintendo have said they won't allow it to be published. Looks like it's changes or curtains for Rockstar. They could try to appeal the rating, but the earlier reported statements from the ratings boards seemed pretty adamant.

I'm pretty sure Rockstar is doing this stuff on purpose.

Did you read what places will be in Manhunt 2? There are brothels, stripclubs, and a bunch of other stuff that would most likely push the game from M to AO. I just think they are doing it for publicity.

I'm pretty sure Rockstar is doing this stuff on purpose.

Did you read what places will be in Manhunt 2? There are brothels, stripclubs, and a bunch of other stuff that would most likely push the game from M to AO. I just think they are doing it for publicity.

It's Rockstar, what did you expect? It's their entire marketing strategy.

North American Virtual Console releases today:

Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting (SNES) - The prequel to "Street Fighter II Turbo: the Name of this Game is too Long to Fit on the Cart"

China Warrior (T16) - like the NES game Kung Fu, except with an extreme close up, and the bosses don't laugh at you

F-Zero X (N64) - It's finally out now, stop complaining

Though I have no intentnion of getting Manhunt II, I really don't like this "no AO games" crap from all three console publishers. With VCR, DVD, HD-DVD and Blu-Ray, none of the companies put restrictions on content. Also, this makes the ESRB more reluctant to rate games as AO. There are plenty of games that deserve an AO rating, but they rate them as mature instead because the companies push adamantly for such a rating. The reluctance to do so will only be increased by knowing that the games will actually be banned.

On the other hand, the reverse may be true as the ESRB uses AO ratings as a weapon to control the industry somewhat.

I think Manhunt II could still sell because of the strength of online video-game retailers today. As little as three years ago, I wouldn't have bought a video game online. Heck, I didn't buy Electroplankton for DS two years ago. However, I think that the internet has progressed to the point now that online retailers could sell the game pretty successfully, especially because of the marketing potential of "OMG MOST GRAPHIC, VIOLENT GAME EVAR!!1!"

I'd buy it, but I'm not expecting to see it on store shelves.