Nintendo Wii

Smoke

I'd buy it, but I'm not expecting to see it on store shelves.

Especially considering it won't be published at all (for consoles) if it were to stay with the AO rating. If Nintendo says no AO games, that's that. But yeah, I think it'll probably sell pretty well if it loses the AO rating one way or another...I never heard of the original Manhunt, but now the sequel has been publicized to any who keep up with video game news at all.

I need a new Wii game... any games worth buying? I think VC games are looking more appealing atm, lol.

I have Zelda: TP, Excite Truck, Mario Party 8, and SPM.

Well, if you have a DS, you could look at Pokemon Battle Revolution.

Or if you want a sports game, you could go for The Bigs.

Both are supposed to have hit stores today.. both are online, as well.

Unfortunately The Bigs, the one I was looking forward to, has some really tacky motion controls in that damn drum-to-run idea. That makes me not want it, even if everything else were good. I'd rather not have my arms be dead tired from trying to run from base to base.

The Bigs does look pretty sweet, especially since I don't have a lot to choose from when it comes to baseball games on Nintendo consoles recently. It sounds like all the RPG elements will be pretty cool.

Has anyone seen any good deals on that game? Circuit City has been selling a lot of the new releases for $10 off recently, but I haven't heard if they are doing it for this game.

Well, if you have a DS, you could look at Pokemon Battle Revolution.

Or if you want a sports game, you could go for The Bigs.

Both are supposed to have hit stores today.. both are online, as well.

Unfortunately The Bigs, the one I was looking forward to, has some really tacky motion controls in that damn drum-to-run idea. That makes me not want it, even if everything else were good. I'd rather not have my arms be dead tired from trying to run from base to base.

battle revolution is the biggest waste of money if you ask me

I wonder why they didn't choose Super Street Fighter II instead - It was the better game, though I preferred the Genesis version of it.

So they can sell it then release the even better version. Then they'll release another one, and people will then buy that one.

Street Fighter 2 > Turbo > Super > etc.

I don't see why you prefer the Genesis version though - It had an extra mode or two, but the graphics and sound were so much crappier. Was it the 6-button genesis controller?

So they can sell it then release the even better version. Then they'll release another one, and people will then buy that one.

Street Fighter 2 > Turbo > Super > etc.

I don't see why you prefer the Genesis version though - It had an extra mode or two, but the graphics and sound were so much crappier. Was it the 6-button genesis controller?

Nostalgia has a lot to do with it. Sure, the SNES has a much better sound chip than the genesis, but I grew up with the Genesis version in all its FM glory and the SNES sounds seem odd to me. Extra modes are nice, and 6 face buttons fits the 6 attacks SF2 gave the player extremely well. Of course, the controller is irrelevant on the Wii. There's something about the FM music on the Genesis that has a distinctive sound. The SNES can produce some great music (and Capcom proved this themselves with Mega Man X, for example) but I didn't like how they did it for Street Fighter for SNES. But mostly it's nostalgia.

Mario Party 8 is TERRIBLY BORING. The game suffers from slow pacing and boring, sometimes broken minigames. Really this series has been lacking for a long time. I'm going back to play Mario Party 2 again. ;[

Big Brain Academy is a step better. At least the games work properly...

Also got something fresh off the rumor mill: Nintendo will announce WiiWare tomorrow. The service provides original downloadable Wii games much like LiveArcade and Playstation Network. However, no games launch until 2008 apparently. There's more details in a blog you can probably google. Dunno why the blogger couldn't wait a day, breaking NDA isn't quite worth it for this one...

Mario Party 8 is TERRIBLY BORING. The game suffers from slow pacing and boring, sometimes broken minigames. Really this series has been lacking for a long time. I'm going back to play Mario Party 2 again. ;[

Big Brain Academy is a step better. At least the games work properly...

Also got something fresh off the rumor mill: Nintendo will announce WiiWare tomorrow. The service provides original downloadable Wii games much like LiveArcade and Playstation Network. However, no games launch until 2008 apparently. There's more details in a blog you can probably google. Dunno why the blogger couldn't wait a day, breaking NDA isn't quite worth it for this one...

Problem is, Line Rider is supposed to be coming out soon-ish, and it'd be something which would work perfectly for WiiWare, rather than a standalone.

^^ That really makes me want to go play X, since I think the music in GX is awesome.

Agreed. I thought it fit the game very well, and was exciting. I played the original back in the day on the SNES, but didn't get a 64 until its dying days, so a lot of its great games were hard to find...So when it came out on the Gamecube I jumped at it, and it soon became one of my favorite games. I'm definitely excited to play FZeroX now after all of this time.

Well, since everybody's stating their opinions like gospel, I'll toss in a dissenting view. I hated the soundtrack in F-Zero X. I like some rock but the stuff in X sounded extremely generic..or something. I really liked the music in GX, especially all the character themes which varied widely in genre and were often wonderfully, purposefully cheesy.

I wouldn't be adverse to a rock themed soundtrack for the next F-Zero, but this time I hope the mucisians know how to play. :wink:

I think that X was an overall better game than GX - I think GX was extremely well done, but I just don't 'feel the road' like I do when playing X. Maybe it's the combination of different sound effects coupled with collisions and things. Maybe you know what I mean.

GX had tons of awesome songs, too - but they were all on the character profiles (wtf)