Nintendo Wii

Smoke

From the looks of it, the second player only facilitates a game that is already possible to bit with one player rather than making it possible to beat solely with a second player. The only thing the second player seems to do that the first player can't is freeze/move enemies/objects (both players have been seen shooting stars with the pointer control). Now what would be infinitely more interesting is if the second player could actually hinder the first player's progress in a pseudo-competitive fashion, hurling obstacles into Mario's path to make him slip up. That would make me want to call a friend over for sure.

The second player can help and hinder Mario. They can freeze enemies, but also put them in the path of Mario at the last minute, or freeze Mario at inconvenient times.

So your wish came true.

I was more suprised by little 3rd party titles than the big ones like Metriod and Brawl. Im very much looking forward to seeing how de Blob turns out as well as EA's Blocks... that said Im still hanging out for SMG

De Blob looks amazing. I played it back when it was just his student project, translated into crappy English. Big props to THQ to picking this up for Wii, you have my respect.

And how wild is it that a big shot movie director sits down for a game of Wii Tennis with Miyamoto and afterwards decides he wants to make three games? Looking forward to all three of Spielberg's games, especially Blocks.

The second player can help and hinder Mario. They can freeze enemies, but also put them in the path of Mario at the last minute, or freeze Mario at inconvenient times.

So your wish came true.

Nice.

Have we had any more information about Dewy's Adventure recently? I haven't seen anything in the E3 info I've scoured yet, but looking around I've found multiple references to a September 4th release date and I'm hoping that still stands.

Second of all, it's doubtful Smash Bros will have a full fledged online fighting mode, if it even goes online at all. This is due to the limitation of sending info online. Lag, even a little lag, would kill, murder, and destroy the Smash experience. Smash Bros relies on precision response time. If Smash Bros does have an online component, it will be something different from the primary game play.

Just so you know, Smash Bros. was confirmed to be online in some aspect or another back in 05. People are expressing doubt over that now (understandably, I suppose), but still.

Just so you know, Smash Bros. was confirmed to be online in some aspect or another back in 05. People are expressing doubt over that now (understandably, I suppose), but still.

they said they want it to be online way back when but that can definitely change

especially since i cant see it working at all

Yes, I remember that, but the key words are "in some aspect" and they backed off from online statements since then. Reasons why Smash online just isn't really feasible have already been covered by people more technically knowledgeable than I. If it goes online at all, it'll probably be for leader board tracking and such. Whatever ends up happening, my advice to all is don't set yourselves up for a disappointment. Regardless, it'll still be a fantastic game, as was Melee.

Yes, I remember that, but the key words are "in some aspect" and they backed off from online statements since then. Reasons why Smash online just isn't really feasible have already been covered by people more technically knowledgeable than I. If it goes online at all, it'll probably be for leader board tracking and such. Whatever ends up happening, my advice to all is don't set yourselves up for a disappointment. Regardless, it'll still be a fantastic game, as was Melee.

The problem is, if it couldn't be done with Smash Bros, then why are they going ahead with other fighting games, on 360? Sure, it's tricky, but there's a lot of things that they can trim from throughput to make it a non-issue. But, we'd have to hope they do something about their own damn network responsiveness, first. I still time out when trying to connect to the VC shop, far too often.

I posted this before in the Smash bros thread, so I'll do so again here. Online FIGHTING has been officially confirmed, just strangely understated. Here:

In addition, gamers will be able to choose their favorite fighter and battle online against friends.

There you go.

I was thinking the game wouldn't be possible online either... till someone mentioned to me that ALOT of online games should be ruined with lag but aren't. Like Counter-Strike. It registers headshots completely smoothly, and that is EXTREMELY precise timing. Unless your ping is absolutely through the roof the gameplay is great.

Why would SSBB be any different? .... I really know nothing about the subject, so I'm looking for an answer to that question.

I posted this before in the Smash bros thread, so I'll do so again here. Online FIGHTING has been officially confirmed, just strangely understated. Here:

There you go.

And most of what I've heard is to the contrary. I'm still not expecting it and advise you not set yourself up for disappointment. If what I've heard is wrong and the game is online in a major way, well then, it'll be a wonderful surprise we can all be happy about.

I was thinking the game wouldn't be possible online either... till someone mentioned to me that ALOT of online games should be ruined with lag but aren't. Like Counter-Strike. It registers headshots completely smoothly, and that is EXTREMELY precise timing. Unless your ping is absolutely through the roof the gameplay is great.

Why would SSBB be any different? .... I really know nothing about the subject, so I'm looking for an answer to that question.

The problem here is in the way that players can interact with each other. CSS is really ingenius in the way that it does it; if you watch at a LAN party, everyone is a fraction of a second behind where they actually are on each other's screen; You're aiming at your opponent on your screen about 5 feet behind where he is on his screen, yet you can still hit him. How? Well, when a shot is fired, the server calculates where that person was that amount of time ago, and if that would have been a hit. If it was, they die / loose health. The problem with Smash is that players directly interact; they're constantly changing each other's position. This makes it so that the server has to keep each game as close to the other as possible, instead of just compensating for the lag by seeing where the player used to be. Otherwise, you could be clearly out of the way from an attack, but since you were close on your opponent's Wii, you all of a sudden get smashed from a good wavedash's length away. Even so, I'm confident they can pull off at least 1v1 with relatively low lag; if SSB64 can run like that, then there's no reason Brawl can't.

North American Virtual Console releases today (I was out trying to FIND a Wii)

Balloon Fight (NES) - Make the whole game how it was in WarioWare and maybe I'd download it

Silent Debuggers (T16) - An FPS that reminds me of the space station from Buried in Time

Paper Mario (N64) - You already know it's out and you're probably playing it right now