Nintendo Wii

Smoke

Kirby's Adventure crawls to a halt because the original NES lags, and Wii's NES emulator is spot-on with the NES. When there is too much shit going on at once (ex. too many sprites), lag occurs.

In other words, the NES is emulated perfectly.

Yes, but it would be a lot better if they opened up more system power to the NES emulator, but kept it under control so it wouldn't Lag or speed up.I find it pathetic that they couldn't make the NES faster on the VC. I mean, if free emulators can do it, surely Nintendo can.

Yes, but it would be a lot better if they opened up more system power to the NES emulator, but kept it under control so it wouldn't Lag or speed up.I find it pathetic that they couldn't make the NES faster on the VC. I mean, if free emulators can do it, surely Nintendo can.

I just wish they'd stop with the damn double standard. If you're going to make changes to SOME games, to "improve" them, then damn well do it to all of them. Touch them up. Fix up the sprite draw issues, get rid of the damn slowdowns, and fucking make them how they should have been, instead of keeping the cheap games cheap.

I don't know if you guys know this already, but TOS2 from what I've read you don't walk to where you want to go on the overworld map. You just point and click and then you are there, no more walking around, but you just go to your locations, which seems kinda weird. I don't get why they took that out.

I don't know if you guys know this already, but TOS2 from what I've read you don't walk to where you want to go on the overworld map. You just point and click and then you are there, no more walking around, but you just go to your locations, which seems kinda weird. I don't get why they took that out.

Maybe they're going for more of an FFX-style game, where for the most part it's linear, until you are given the ability to actually move around freely, late in the game? At that point, you have an airship anyway, so why not make it as easy as possible?

Kirby's Adventure crawls to a halt because the original NES lags, and Wii's NES emulator is spot-on with the NES. When there is too much shit going on at once (ex. too many sprites), lag occurs.

In other words, the NES is emulated perfectly.

Except all emulators I've ever played with had the original system lag on them. Even MAME.

But for the systems supported, it really is good emulation. Not that it's rocket science for old systems like those.

I'm a bit puzzled at the release of Balloon Fight though. I never knew people who played that when it was first released.

I just wish they'd stop with the damn double standard. If you're going to make changes to SOME games, to "improve" them, then damn well do it to all of them. Touch them up. Fix up the sprite draw issues, get rid of the damn slowdowns, and fucking make them how they should have been, instead of keeping the cheap games cheap.

I assume you're referring to the removal of cheat codes from Kid Icarus...? Taht's the only instance I know of where they changed a VC game.

Isn't that exactly what he said? The lag on Kirby's Adventure is a perfect emulation of the lag on the original NES version?

Yeah, but NES emulation has been perfected long, long ago, so I don't see what the big deal is. Also, considering that Nintendo is for the most part, strictly against retuning the older games, I doubt they will 'fix' the lag even if they could. It's just a matter of their policy.

Yeah, but NES emulation has been perfected long, long ago, so I don't see what the big deal is. Also, considering that Nintendo is for the most part, strictly against retuning the older games, I doubt they will 'fix' the lag even if they could. It's just a matter of their policy.

I never said it was a big deal, it just annoys me that they can't fix the lag with newer technology. They also said originally(long ago mind you) that they WOULD be upgrading games, adding updates to games even. I, for one, WANT updated graphics on NES games, even bumped up to 16-Bit SNES graphics would make me happy, though Ideally you could download some additional "3D pack" that puts 3D models and high quality backgrounds onto older games ala NSMB. Though I doubt that would happen, I don't see what's wrong with a bump to 16-bit, and fixing of lag issues. As well, they already have "retuned" at least one game, Kid Icarus, they removed the classic cheats.

I never said it was a big deal, it just annoys me that they can't fix the lag with newer technology. They also said originally(long ago mind you) that they WOULD be upgrading games, adding updates to games even. I, for one, WANT updated graphics on NES games, even bumped up to 16-Bit SNES graphics would make me happy, though Ideally you could download some additional "3D pack" that puts 3D models and high quality backgrounds onto older games ala NSMB. Though I doubt that would happen, I don't see what's wrong with a bump to 16-bit, and fixing of lag issues. As well, they already have "retuned" at least one game, Kid Icarus, they removed the classic cheats.

I agree. Nintendo obviously COULD, but for some reason, they keep neutering themselves. I think it makes sense for profit's sakes, but I hear the cost is negligible for an update or even an overhaul like with the Playstation Network/Xbox Live Arcade games.

They do the same with the friend-codes for the online connectivity too. They're probably playing it safe, maybe a bit too safe right now. But that sounds pretty much like Nintendo to me, aside from their hardware and DS innovations.

That's the thing that bugs me, too. They said they would look at upgrading/improving the games. Now, they don't even touch them. I fucking want games improved in the same vein as the ones on XBLA, or even what's going to come out for PSN. Just fucking do SOMETHING special with the games.

Quite sure they meant it in a Phantom Hourglass kind of way. pointing in the general direction you want to walk, clicking and walking. Like an RTS

Okay...

Errr... the next few months are gonna be expensive:

August: MP3

September ???

October: Endless Ocean

November: Super Mario Galaxy

December: Super Smash Brother

Am I missing something big?

I'm sure I am. So do you have a suggestion for a september release?

Releasing anything notable in September would be silly. I doubt even Nintendo is brave enough to attempt to go head-to-head with Halo 3's release.

I assume you're referring to the removal of cheat codes from Kid Icarus...? Taht's the only instance I know of where they changed a VC game.

Tecmo Bowl had all the player's names changed.

Okay...

September ???

I don't think Nintendo is releasing anything big in september. Mario Strikers Charged, Battalion Wars 2, and Raving Rabbids 2 could be considered big.

As for me, the next few months are going to be expensive as well. I am planning on getting Metroid Prime 3, Guilty Gear Accent Core, Godzilla Unleashed, Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros. Brawl, Soul Calibur Legends, Namco Museum Remix, Dragon Ball Z BT3, Raving Rabbids 2 and Lego Star Wars 3. Not to mention I still want to buy Excite Truck and Wario Ware. I have never wanted so many games for one console in such a short time-span.

Okay...

September ???

Dewy's Adventure and Battalion Wars 2 (as dsx mentioned) are releasing in September.