Nintendo Wii

Smoke

North American Virtual Console releases today:

Drop Off (NES) - Breakout/Arkanoid; with fruit.

Dynamite Headdy (GEN) - It's made by Treasure, so it must be good

Star Soldier (T16) - Another shooter in the same series as Blazing Lazers

I personally liked Ogre Battle 64 better, but I wouldn't complain about the SNES version.

I just hope they don't try to make some sort of straight port of Tactics Ogre. If they did, then they'd no doubt abuse the pointer function when the D-pad or analog would work more than well enough.

That is such an awesome game with awesome music, words can hardly describe it. Oh right, odd. It's an odd game, but it's really really fun, The Battle with the Gate Keeper needs to be remixed, it's so hard core...

That is such an awesome game with awesome music, words can hardly describe it. Oh right, odd. It's an odd game, but it's really really fun, The Battle with the Gate Keeper needs to be remixed, it's so hard core...

What sorta game is it?

North American Virtual Console releases today:

Drop Off (NES) - Breakout/Arkanoid; with fruit.

Star Soldier (T16) - Another shooter in the same series as Blazing Lazers

ty for update

lack of eb makes the surge of q's starmen is going to do on aug 1st much more "worth it"

How can you hate RIII? WHUT DA HELL'S WRONG WITCHU?! :lol:

Anyway, my thoughts on a number of the Genesis and SNES shmups...

9 Thunder Force III- Genesis

10 Lightning Force- Genesis

9 Steel Empire- Genesis

8 Gaiares- Genesis

9 Axelay- SNES

8 Space Megaforce- SNES

8 Whip Rush- Genesis

7 Vapor Trail- Genesis

8 Wings of Wor- Genesis

8 Super R-Type- SNES

7.5 Air Buster- Genesis

8.5 Elemental Master- Genesis

8 Fire Shark- Genesis

8 Hellfire- Genesis

8 Phelios- Genesis

8 Raiden Trad (Genesis)

8.5 Sub Terrania- Genesis

8.5 Granada- Genesis

7 Bio Metal- SNES

9 M.U.S.H.A.- Genesis

7.5 Sagaia- Genesis

7 Forgotten Worlds- Genesis

8 Biohazard Battle- Genesis

7 Phalanx- SNES

7 Fire Power 2000

8 UN Squadron- SNES

8 Viewpoint- Genesis

And for the ones you played...

8 Gradius III

9 R-Type III: The Third Lightning

5 Thunder Spirits

I just had to go on a tangent here, but what about all shmups period?

So today I just discovered that you can move the cursor on the Wii Menu with the Classic Controller's analog stick. All this time I would select a VC game with the Wiimote and pick up the Classic Controller only to think I still needed to Wiimote to point at and press Start. No longer! I even typed out a message to a friend using the Classic Controller, and when you have a free-moving cursor instead of a selector that's fixed on keys it's almost as easy to type using the analog stick as it is the actual pointer.

It's a fascinating new discovery for me but I can't help feeling dumb for missing it before.

So today I just discovered that you can move the cursor on the Wii Menu with the Classic Controller's analog stick. All this time I would select a VC game with the Wiimote and pick up the Classic Controller only to think I still needed to Wiimote to point at and press Start. No longer! I even typed out a message to a friend using the Classic Controller, and when you have a free-moving cursor instead of a selector that's fixed on keys it's almost as easy to type using the analog stick as it is the actual pointer.

It's a fascinating new discovery for me but I can't help feeling dumb for missing it before.

as you should wii nooblet

ZOMG! New Tales of Symphonia 2 screens...>_> at IGN.

I have to say it looks even better than the first :) There's some old and new locations and everything looks super polished.

Must...have...game

It pretty much looks the same IMO, not that it's a bad thing. I greatly enjoyed ToS so I'm pretty confident I'm going to enjoy ToS2.

Kinda like me - I was never able to use the photo channel because I don't have any SD cards, and I assumed I didn't have any in the message board. I just now discovered that there's been a sample picture in there this whole time which finally let me mess with it. Also, I found that background music page in the slideshow options - there are like 20 songs in there that you don't hear anywhere else on the wii, and it's just in some options button in a mode of one of the channels.

Sucks how more than likely ToS2 and ToI are the only new tales games out of the four that will hit state side. Nintendo went insane with the advertising for ToS when they brought it over, so it wouldn't make sense for them not to do the same for ToS 2. ToI probably will make it here if it isn't a flop like the other tales game for the ds that is so shitty that it doesn't deserve to be called by it's name.

Sucks how more than likely ToS2 and ToI are the only new tales games out of the four that will hit state side. Nintendo went insane with the advertising for ToS when they brought it over, so it wouldn't make sense for them not to do the same for ToS 2. ToI probably will make it here if it isn't a flop like the other tales game for the ds that is so shitty that it doesn't deserve to be called by it's name.

ToS was a real gem, but did not get any advertising here at all 0_0 (of course Europe sucks).

I remember seeing the trailer on IGN waaay back and I fell in love with the game right away. I imported that sucker as soon as it came out.

It wouldn't hit Europe untill much, much later so I'm kind of worried if ToS2 will make it here at all. ;_;