Nintendo Wii

Smoke

Yeah, I rocked Fire Cup without losing a match, then struggled to make the elimination rounds in Crystal Cup. I lost in the elimination finals :sad:. Maybe I'll bring a few friends over and see how that goes.

What does everyone here use for a team? I'm using Mario right now, with 2 Dry Bones and a Hammer Bros. Thinking of trying Birdo out too.

So is anyone else playing Paper Mario on the VC?

I'm trying to beat Kent C. Koopa but for some bloody reason he won't fall over when I put him to sleep. What the hell?

He may be immune, I haven't tried putting him to sleep , so I don't know.

Anyway, I'm having fun with it. I played all the way through about 5 years ago, but I've still died a couple of times (those bloopers in the sewer come right out of nowhere). I love using the Boo ghost - It's fun repeatedly slap the shit out of enemies.

He may be immune, I haven't tried putting him to sleep , so I don't know.

Anyway, I'm having fun with it. I played all the way through about 5 years ago, but I've still died a couple of times (those bloopers in the sewer come right out of nowhere). I love using the Boo ghost - It's fun repeatedly slap the shit out of enemies.

You have to double-stomp Kent C. to get him on his back, then you can put him to sleep.

And then I suggest you use a hammer, because my jump was only doing 2 damage, while the hammer was doing a full 8.

You have to double-stomp Kent C. to get him on his back, then you can put him to sleep.

And then I suggest you use a hammer, because my jump was only doing 2 damage, while the hammer was doing a full 8.

You can put him to sleep before stomping him, which is generally safer because he won't be able to attack you once to begin with. However, either way you won't be doing any real damage to him until Mario's had two whole turns. Also, your hammer was doing more damage because at the point when you can first fight him you have a better hammer than boots. But yes, the hammer is generally better because his defense only takes off damage for the one hit, rather than the two you have in jumping (i.e. it blocks one damage from a six-point hit rather than one damage from each three-point hit). Jumps are only better if you're a master of timing the action command for Power Bounce, in which case you can conceivably down the guy without ever putting him to sleep a second time.

Anyway, that guy was much more a PITA than the final form of The Master, but that may have been because I fought The Master much later on. Not that it made a difference; as long as you have Goombario Ultra-ranked, The Master is actually a POC. C+M-B FTW LOL acronyms. Bowser II was much more annoying because every time I tried to have Goombario Charge more than once or twice, he'd do that annoying-ass impossible-to-block shockwave attack and knock the poor little Goomba out.

But yeah, I beat the game today and it's made me want to play The Thousand-Year Door again.

Rented Strikers. This is pretty cool. Wouldn't mind trying WiFi sometime today.

416718 764967 let's go

You can put him to sleep before stomping him, which is generally safer because he won't be able to attack you once to begin with. However, either way you won't be doing any real damage to him until Mario's had two whole turns. Also, your hammer was doing more damage because at the point when you can first fight him you have a better hammer than boots. But yes, the hammer is generally better because his defense only takes off damage for the one hit, rather than the two you have in jumping (i.e. it blocks one damage from a six-point hit rather than one damage from each three-point hit). Jumps are only better if you're a master of timing the action command for Power Bounce, in which case you can conceivably down the guy without ever putting him to sleep a second time.

I just used Goombario's headbutt to knock Kent on his ass before having Mario use the star power to put the guy to sleep. First turn, Kent didn't get a chance to attack at all. Just had Mario continue to pound him while Goombario used focus to rebuild the star power, then repeat.

And there isn't a lot of difference in power between my stomps and my hammer. I have jump and hammer up, plus attack up. There's not a 6 point difference between the attacks, even with a single jump. In fact, I think the hammer was just going right through his defenses.

To beat Kent, I had a lot of luck. And items. And I didn't know you could put him to sleep, so I had to master the defense button pretty well.

And this was just after beating LavaLava Island.

Mario is now exceptionally poor.

Apparently you can now update your firmware to 3.0 and apparently it makes channel loading much faster. The Wii Shop Channel apparently got a big overhaul too.

I say apparently because I've been downloading for 10 minutes and am at about 15% finished.

Ooh, update? *goes to download*

I just used Goombario's headbutt to knock Kent on his ass before having Mario use the star power to put the guy to sleep. First turn, Kent didn't get a chance to attack at all. Just had Mario continue to pound him while Goombario used focus to rebuild the star power, then repeat.

And there isn't a lot of difference in power between my stomps and my hammer. I have jump and hammer up, plus attack up. There's not a 6 point difference between the attacks, even with a single jump. In fact, I think the hammer was just going right through his defenses.

Well then I'm not sure what happened, but it didn't go through his defenses. The hammer and jump are both affected by all enemies' defenses. You know his defense goes down when he's knocked over, right?

Also, update? Meh, I'll probably try it tomorrow, because their servers are likely being shot to hell right now and I'm busy plugging away at The Thousand-Year Door.

Cool update. It said it also affects the Weather Channel, but the only main updates I see are to the News channel and the addition of that clock. It also says there's new search capability in the Shop channel but when I try to connect to it it gives me an error. The error code isn't turning anything up on nintendowifi.com. Anyone else not able to get into the shop channel after the update?

Edit: That clock being off-center is really going to bother me.

Cool update. It said it also affects the Weather Channel, but the only main updates I see are to the News channel and the addition of that clock. It also says there's new search capability in the Shop channel but when I try to connect to it it gives me an error. The error code isn't turning anything up on nintendowifi.com. Anyone else not able to get into the shop channel after the update?

Edit: That clock being off-center is really going to bother me.

The error message just means Nintendo's servers are a little overwhelmed right now and to try again later. That's what all of their error messages mean when you're trying to connect to their servers.

The search functions in the shop channel are meh.. you can search by most popular(by downloads, presumably), the highest ranked(chosen by Nintendo, of course), and even an enhanced search, to let you find a game by title search, using just a few letters.

I figure what most of the update really was, was the inclusion of the near-final version of the Mii Popularity channel, so all they have to do is have the user download an enabler and stat file, much like the Everybody Votes channel(very, VERY small download, because most of it was probably force-fed into the 2.2 firmware already).

I guess this was the "big surprise" Reggie was hinting at, in that interview. Bah, if that's all, they can keep it.

This question is for people who:

-Own a Gamecube Action Replay disk that previously worked when loaded on the Wii

-Did that whole system update thing everyone's talking about above

Is anyone having problems loading their Action Replay disk now? Mine gives me an error message every time. I don't know if I just got the disk dirty or what, but the fact that it worked yesterday and doesn't work today leads me to suspect the update. Not to mention the fact that some versions of AR never worked on the Wii at all. Meh. Just asking.

This question is for people who:

-Own a Gamecube Action Replay disk that previously worked when loaded on the Wii

-Did that whole system update thing everyone's talking about above

Is anyone having problems loading their Action Replay disk now? Mine gives me an error message every time. I don't know if it's just something to do with my disk or not, but the fact that it worked yesterday and doesn't work today leads me to suspect the update. Meh. Just asking.

Anti-piracy measures, most likely. the Action Replay could be used to bypass region/legit disc detection. So, by disabling the disc(they did it with the WiiKey update CD as well, I hear), it locks it down against piracy.

Ha. I just fought 'em last night. What a big fat bastard! No wonder I didn't "remember" how to stop him. He left me with 5 hit points and 7 flower points before I finished him off. Really close call.

When I switched my character to Bombette and used the bomb technique after knocking him on his back, things got a little easier.