Nintendo Wii

Smoke

New MP3 videos. PED Suit was meh, although it definitely gives the impression that Federation troops will be prominent at least during some of the game. Air Assault was nice, giving a glimpse of what I can only assume is Corruption mode, but definitely doesn't do anything to assuage worries that the game's turning into Halo and fast.

The focus on the marines so far, as well as the other hunters, would almost suggest they intend to create a more.. open, online game, as a spinoff to the core Metroid franchise. Something were MP:Hunters would have been a prototype of the game, but more fleshed out for online play.

Maybe they plan on going after the Halo audience after all, when the Prime saga is complete?

Did no one else catch the hint at the end of the PED video that the Phazon is in fact affecting the marines and that their major role in the game could quite possible be as new mutated enemies and not as allies at all?

It wasn't exactly subtle. I'm sure we'll see at least one super-powered marine go postal and have a big, important inner dialog with Samus about how it's still just a human being and it's not their fault.. before we crank up the PED and blast the shit out of the poor bastard.

I agree. Especially compared to the Aurora vid, there wasn't all that much to get excited about IMO. I'm sure it'll be important in the game and all, but it left much to be desired.

I guess I feel exactly the opposite. Sure, bringing back Mother Brain in some form is cool, it revisits and updates beloved old ideas from the series roots, but I'm more interested in the story being told now, which since Prime 1, was the story of Phazon. Its evil effects were blatant in the first two games, now things look to be getting insidious and the possibilities excite me.

I've heard Madden 08's online is better on DS than Wii. =\

I don't see why Prime 3's narrative is all that important. The original Metroid got away with almost no narrative at all. Videogames by their very nature don't even need a narrative (see: Tetris, SimCity, etc). I look forward to Prime 3 for a beautiful aesthetic to complement the environments I explore. I'm also excited to use the Wii controller. :3

The lag on Madden is so bad, I gave up playing it online because I was getting sacked nearly every passing play because I couldn't get the damn ball out of my hands. Apparently EA is fixing it...but I've gone back to playing Strikers instead. It's just more fun.

And I can't wait to play through Super Metroid with a classic controller. 1 day to go...

Too lazy to check if this is already mentioned but;

Good news for the people saying de Corruption cover is ugly, It made it into the "hey covers you suck" article on 1up.

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?pager.offset=3&cId=3162014

Along with a possible Smashbros joke :D

This is like something in one of those activity books you give to kids to keep them shut up on a long drive. "How many Samuses can you find in this picture?" I can spot three, but there might be another one hidden in the clouds. Are there three Samii on there because it's the third game in the series? If that's how they're going to do it then whenever they get back to the series proper it's going to look like the Sgt. Pepper's cover. It's possible that those other Samuseses's are her evil counterparts, of which she has been getting an awful lot lately. Problem is, I can't tell any of Samus's suits apart. Maybe if Retro starts putting goatees on the bad ones.

Too lazy to check if this is already mentioned but;

Good news for the people saying de Corruption cover is ugly, It made it into the "hey covers you suck" article on 1up.

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?pager.offset=3&cId=3162014

Along with a possible Smashbros joke :D

This is like something in one of those activity books you give to kids to keep them shut up on a long drive. "How many Samuses can you find in this picture?" I can spot three, but there might be another one hidden in the clouds. Are there three Samii on there because it's the third game in the series? If that's how they're going to do it then whenever they get back to the series proper it's going to look like the Sgt. Pepper's cover. It's possible that those other Samuseses's are her evil counterparts, of which she has been getting an awful lot lately. Problem is, I can't tell any of Samus's suits apart. Maybe if Retro starts putting goatees on the bad ones.

I actually like Metroid Prime 3's cover. I don't see whats so bad about it, but guess having 3 Samus's on one cover is such a big no-no for video game box art.

As a designer, i can't see too many wrong things with it myself, even though it is a bit underwhelming and unoriginal/

The one things that does bug me though, is the extra dark samus head in the corner. Definitly a stylebreaker. If want to have floating dismembered things on there, make it the overal style for the cover. Don't take a finished cover where the protagonist and the antagonist are introduced in full form, with the background playing into that fact (samus has the bright earth as a backgrond, dark samus the dark) and slap an extra head on there. It even messes up the balance. We tend to "read" a picture from left to right and from bottom to top, and everything in the cover works to that line (the edge of the planet drawing your eye to samus' face in the middle) EXCEPT the damn floating head.

So, subjective opinions aside, yes, there is definitly something wrong with the cover (but it could be fixed by just removing the damn head)

Is it just me, or were the latest videos on the Prime preview channel originally dated for the 19th.. and they just bumped them up to the 20th?

I watched the last set of vids on the night of the 16th (was like 10PM), and they said the 20th. They might've changed it some time before that, but other than that it's probably just your imagination.