Nintendo Wii

Smoke

My review of the Metroid Prime 3 Reviews

Contradiction 10/10 - Wow. They gave Twilight Princess a higher score, a solid Zelda adventure, but not built ground-up for the Wii . Wow, most mentioned how it has the best controls for a console shooter ever, and it gets a lower score than say, other FPS's at the time.

Criticism on lack of innovation -7/10. It's a sequel, yet it's not completely different, so we can't give it that coveted high score, can we?

General bias - 8/10. Let's see what Halo 3 and Resident Evil 5 get, why don't we.

Console comparisons - 5/10 Mentions how the controls can't be done with certain consoles and how certain graphics can't be done with certain consoles.

Flat out bullcrap - 10/10 Score is lowered for load times (You don't even have to deal with a loading screen and the loading times are still way short compared to many other games) You may have to wait for some doors for 5 seconds. Gasp!

Total score: 6.5 / 10 - Mediocre. Not exactly horrible, but they should have worked out issues like bias and general contradictory bullshit before releasing these reviews. If they would have done that, then these reviews could have gotten a much better score. After all, lots of useful information was there, it's just the bullshit that gets in the way.

some days you are a terrible poster

today is not one of those days

oh and dont forget ZOMG PRIEM 3 IS NOT BIOSHOCK LOL.

lol @ 1Up (who, I'm now suprised to say, didn't give Prime 3 the lowest score).

Anyway, I can't say whether the game deserves better or worse than it's gotten from critics yet since I am going to pick up the game in 2 hrs. I'd imagine, though, that this should get a rating as high or higher than Twilight Princess, given everything I've heard so far. Btw, Megadave, that review of reviews was pure gold.

Btw, dl'd Breath of Fire 2 last night. So far not bad. A little weird for me to be playing an RPG by Capcom. The sound effects especially sound like they're straight outta Mega Man X, which isn't a bad thing but it's just a little odd to hear them out of context. I would say I'm looking forward to playing more soon, but that probably won't happen till I beat Prime 3 once or twice.

lol @ 1Up (who, I'm now suprised to say, didn't give Prime 3 the lowest score).

Anyway, I can't say whether the game deserves better or worse than it's gotten from critics yet since I am going to pick up the game in 2 hrs. I'd imagine, though, that this should get a rating as high or higher than Twilight Princess, given everything I've heard so far. Btw, Megadave, that review of reviews was pure gold.

Btw, dl'd Breath of Fire 2 last night. So far not bad. A little weird for me to be playing an RPG by Capcom. The sound effects especially sound like they're straight outta Mega Man X, which isn't a bad thing but it's just a little odd to hear them out of context. I would say I'm looking forward to playing more soon, but that probably won't happen till I beat Prime 3 once or twice.

IIRC, BoF was originally by Square, but they abandoned the project and Capcom picked it up. Truly, BoF2 is one of the top RPGs of the SNES era. And, IMO, an improvement over the original game in every way. Which was already a fairly solid game.

Bit of a quandary here. It appears my Wii does not want to turn on. The power button light is red, so theres some power getting to my Wii, but when I hit the power button, nothing happens. I hear a tiny, quiet clicking sound. The last thing I ever did was play Super Metroid and I turned off the system like normal. And my RE4 disk is in there too :x. I didn't mod it, but it is a launch Wii, which probably is what the problem stems from.

So anyway. Does anyone know anything I can try or any sites to help me out? Nintendo had a page relating to power issues, but it didn't give me much help. Thanks.

oh and dont forget ZOMG PRIEM 3 IS NOT BIOSHOCK LOL.

Hey now, don't badmouth Bioshock, even indirectly. It's sexy.

This obviously doesn't mean I'm not really looking forward to MP3. It shall also be sexy, though less so graphically and moreso in a Metroid-Prime-like way.

Still, from what I've seen, the graphics still look pretty good, just not mind-blowing. The gameplay, however, shall be dead sexy.

Bit of a quandary here. It appears my Wii does not want to turn on. The power button light is red, so theres some power getting to my Wii, but when I hit the power button, nothing happens. I hear a tiny, quiet clicking sound. The last thing I ever did was play Super Metroid and I turned off the system like normal. And my RE4 disk is in there too :x. I didn't mod it, but it is a launch Wii, which probably is what the problem stems from.

So anyway. Does anyone know anything I can try or any sites to help me out? Nintendo had a page relating to power issues, but it didn't give me much help. Thanks.

Have you left it unplugged for awhile? Sometimes it just needs a kick in the ass.

Yes, because an 8.5 out of 10 is an absolute FAIL of a score. :roll:

I don't see you giving Gamepro any grief, despite that they gave it the exact same score and had similar pros and cons with it.

Anyone else in the world would see an 8.5 as pretty damn good.

Honestly 8.5 is not a bad score.....if it wasn't Metroid Prime 3. What really pisses me off is that I bet you 20 bucks that Halo 3 will get a score of at least 9.5 or higher (fyi I have nothing against Halo). That's just bullshit. Metroid Prime 3 deserves a score as good as Halo.

Honestly 8.5 is not a bad score.....if it wasn't Metroid Prime 3. What really pisses me off is that I bet you 20 bucks that Halo 3 will get a score of at least 9.5 or higher (fyi I have nothing against Halo). That's just bullshit. Metroid Prime 3 deserves a score as good as Halo.

I hate to say it, but i would probably rate the Halo series above the metroid prime series just for lack of replay ability. depends on if the reviewer counts value aka price per hour. Halo multiplayer is pretty much infinite fun. whereas I'm sure metroid prime3 is a great single player game. I don't want to start any flame wars or whatever, but 8.5 is a pretty good score. I haven't picked up Prime 3 yet, but i will before the end of the year probably.

I bought Shinobi 3 off the VC, it's not as awesome as i remember it being. I suppose that's why there are no VC game demos.

I hate to say it, but i would probably rate the Halo series above the metroid prime series just for lack of replay ability. depends on if the reviewer counts value aka price per hour. Halo multiplayer is pretty much infinite fun. whereas I'm sure metroid prime3 is a great single player game. I don't want to start any flame wars or whatever, but 8.5 is a pretty good score. I haven't picked up Prime 3 yet, but i will before the end of the year probably.

I bought Shinobi 3 off the VC, it's not as awesome as i remember it being. I suppose that's why there are no VC game demos.

I agree. Also, Halo had a pretty robust singleplayer campaign for its time. And didn't Metroid Prime 1 get a lot of 9.5 types of scores? That's pretty high for a game with inherently little replayablity after a few playthrus. And MP2, with all its problems and item-collection-fests and "go back the same corridor a dozen times" gameplay, got high ratings too. IMO MP2 just got too much credit for essentially being a clumsy sequel.

Halo and Metroid should not be compared. They deliver two completely different experiences, even though it might seem similar.

They are trying to accomplish different things, so saying that something from Metroid is bad because Halo has it and vica versa, is unreasonable.

You can't rip on Metroid because it doesn't support online multi-player, or on Halo because the single-player isn't as good as Metroid's. They should be graded on what it does offer, and how well it does it.

An 8.5 might seem low, but Metroid Prime 2 got a higher score, but i didn't like it at all. So, who knows...

Halo and Metroid should not be compared. They deliver two completely different experiences, even though it might seem similar.

They are trying to accomplish different things, so saying that something from Metroid is bad because Halo has it and vica versa, is unreasonable.

You can't rip on Metroid because it doesn't support online multi-player, or on Halo because the single-player isn't as good as Metroid's. They should be graded on what it does offer, and how well it does it.

An 8.5 might seem low, but Metroid Prime 2 got a higher score, but i didn't like it at all. So, who knows...

I hated 2 also, the first one was pretty sweet. I got really frustrated with 2 early on and never played it again. Prime 1 is probably my favorite gamecube title.

Yes, because an 8.5 out of 10 is an absolute FAIL of a score. :roll:

I don't see you giving Gamepro any grief, despite that they gave it the exact same score and had similar pros and cons with it.

Anyone else in the world would see an 8.5 as pretty damn good.

For a series (the Prime series, that is) that had its bar set at MP (9.7 at Gamespot) and MP2 (9.1) I'd say yeah, 8.5 is a somewhat disappointing score--particularly for those who've been waiting for it for what seems like forever.

I hated 2 also, the first one was pretty sweet. I got really frustrated with 2 early on and never played it again. Prime 1 is probably my favorite gamecube title.

I actually really enjoyed 2, largely for the interface improvements. I don't mind the massive backtracking, because it gives me time to look at things I might not have noticed before. And, for a game that has such a high level of detail in the textures, that's a lot to look at.

But, I can see why people might not have liked it. Could have been worse, though. Imagine if there were nothing but drab steel-gray passages to walk through.

You know.. personally, I have one mark against Corruption.. on the Advanced control method, it's just a little too drifty and touchy, when trying to aim and scan objects.

youll get used to it. ive already devised an aiming method of strafing the enemy into the crosshairs rather than slightly moving the wiimote.

i really like the lock on/free aim feature.

youll get used to it. ive already devised an aiming method of strafing the enemy into the crosshairs rather than slightly moving the wiimote.

i really like the lock on/free aim feature.

Same here, lock on/free aim, is great IMO. Keeps the camera fixed on the general target, instead of you trying to lock onto specific areas of enemies which have multiple lock-on points but only one or two of which are weakpoints. More streamlined, IMO.

No dice. Left it unplugged all night and still no response.

Well this sucks.

I've heard of this happening, and so far as I know, there's nothing you can do but send it in.

That's what the nintendo forums said, and that's what my friend had to do. If you call then and tell them the problem supposedly they'll send you everything you need to get it to them for free. Then its a 2 week wait or some shit. Tough luck man.

Guitar Hero III for the Wii may be more favorable over the other versions.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/816/816619p2.html

Special features for the Guitar. Nintendo WFC? Awesome.

We'll see how many songs you can download (or if you can download any at all) before I call it awesome. Nintendo seriously has to get their shit together with storage.