Nintendo Wii

Smoke

North American Virtual Console releases from 8 hours ago

NES Play Action Football (NES) - Who needs Madden?

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (GEN) - Getting us ready for his appearance in Brawl..right?

Neutopia II (T16) - "Zelda without the license" makes a return

North American Virtual Console releases from 8 hours ago

NES Play Action Football (NES) - Who needs Madden?

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (GEN) - Getting us ready for his appearance in Brawl..right?

Neutopia II (T16) - "Zelda without the license" makes a return

Nice, I was waiting for that second one. Makes me wonder how they're going to handle Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

Did anyone else get a hiccup with the system update notification thing? This morning my system was glowing and I had a message board post from Nintendo claiming there was an update, but when I went to grab it I was told my firmware was up-to-date. When I came back from classes it was glowing again and there was not only a notification that the Metroid Prime 3 Preview Channel was now available, but duplicates of both messages. I tried to update again and nothing.

Uhhh... what.

I wouldn't buy any of the Sonic games. Get the Sonic Mega collection Plus for Gamecube. It has way more games (including Ristar!), the Genesis Sonic games (including the 3d blast one), several Gamegear games, and Ristar.

It probably only cost 20 bucks by now - It's a much better deal.

Anyway, it looks like the new Zelda zapper game is no joke (yesterday I thought it was fake):

http://wii.ign.com/articles/819/819020p1.html

Step 1: Hold right on the d-pad

Step 2: Let Sonic run through the entire stage himself with barely any action from you

Step 3: Pretend what you just did was fun

Christ, the 3D games were better, but not so much...

Except Sonic 3, where they actually started doing different things.

And S3&K, where they added even more things to do, instead of just running across the stage.

Oh give me a break, you two are being ridiculous. The Genesis Sonic games were superb. And the only similarity between the Mario and Sonic games are that they were both side scrolling games. Not a bit like Mario. That's just flat out bullshit.

yeah sonic was different because you can move faster and go around in loops.

otherwise your running around collecting coins/rings that you dont really need to collect, and each area had several stages which had a boss at the end of it.

Don't forget Sonic games were powered by blast processing. I'm surprised the Wii can even emulate them.

blast processing is a pretty old concept, im sure if the wii doesnt do it in hardware the software does it quick enough.

ill be surprised if the wii can emulate superfx and castlevania 3.

yeah sonic was different because you can move faster and go around in loops.

otherwise your running around collecting coins/rings that you dont really need to collect, and each area had several stages which had a boss at the end of it.

Yeah, in almost every game you run around collecting something - comic books, coins, rings, pieces of cheese, healing potions, rupees, extra lives, pieces of fruit.

Also, yeah there's a boss at the end of the stage in hm, which games? Oh my heavens, just about every friggin' one!

I THINK YOU JUST MADE ME HAD AN EPIPHANY. I'VE REALIZED THAT ALMOST EVERY GAME IN THE UNIVERSE IS RIPOFF OF MARIO. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ENLIGHTENING ME WITH YOUR FANTASTIC THEORY!