Nintendo Wii

Smoke

I with Mega Dave on this one. World Heroes 2 was the shit when I was younger. The clubhouse in my neighborhood had three arcade units in there. An MVS, The current Tekken game and Bust-A-Move. Ah the good ol' days......

I will get some Neo-Geo games, just not these ones.

Yeah, it's like buying Street Fighter before Street Fighter version 12 comes out, but it's so tempting.

I already have Star Tropics, which is really under-rated. The one I'm waiting for is Blaster Master. I have it on NES, but the ability to resume the state makes it worth it because that game can take a long time to beat.

So, I have just learned that next week, there's gonna be a DDR game on the Wii. Since I don't know much about these games, I have some questions:

1: The bundle, is it a lot more expensive?

2: Is the bundled mat usually worth it?

3: Is DDR a fun game for someone who lives alone and well, doesn't get to play with other people that often?

So, I have just learned that next week, there's gonna be a DDR game on the Wii. Since I don't know much about these games, I have some questions:

1: The bundle, is it a lot more expensive?

2: Is the bundled mat usually worth it?

3: Is DDR a fun game for someone who lives alone and well, doesn't get to play with other people that often?

1: It'll probably be like $70 or something for the bundle.

2: If it's your first time playing, it'll do you just fine. They are a lot better than what they used to be years ago. When you start playing on the expert level, you'll probably want to invest in a Red Octane Ignition Pad(around $70 now a days)

3: I prefer playing alone at the arcades, so yes.

Also, #1 rule when starting DDR. DON'T STAND IN THE MIDDLE THE WHOLE TIME. Or when you step on a panel, don't always go back to the middle. The majority of people that play for the first time do this(I did), and while it's ok for beginner songs, it won't help you out once you start playing a little bit more difficult songs. So basically just keep your movements flowing. It'll also save you energy so you're not moving twice as much by going back to the center of the mat after every step.

In other words, don't do this(watch the guy on the right):

Do this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=_vrXSneQBcY

I suppose that it would be good practice. As with every other DDR available.

Hmm, you think they'd do wireless pads?

Konami probably won't have wireless pads, but I'm sure some 3rd party will have them eventually.