Nintendo Wii

Smoke

I guess I should give more info on that game. I don't know how to explain it so I'll just steal text from IGN.

The makers of Wish Room, Harvest Moon, Chulip, Final Fantasy XII and Dragon Quest VIII team up for a special project for the Wii -- a simulation/adventure game with unique mechanics and RPG gameplay. You play as Corobo Bread, a sick boy who finds a magical crown that transforms him into a fine king. Taking control of Corobo, your primary goal is to dole out jobs to residents in an effort to make your kingdom grow. Thankfully, Corobo's crown makes people follow his orders. To do this, you lead the people of the town by groups to spots that need work and issue them orders for tasks. Different tasks require different numbers of people, with groups ranging from just a few people to scores of people. As your kingdom grows in size and population, you'll start to see new types of development. You'll also have to deal with pests who get in the way as you attempt to build your kingdom, and so must direct villagers into battle. Outside of this hefty simulation component, the game also has a more personal side, where all residents have a life of their own that you can explore through communication and relationships.

That is actually a very catchy version of Ravel's Bolero. I'm going to have to find the full version now.

For an interesting vocal version (I still prefer the instrumental ones, but whatever), check out the version by Angélique Kidjo. It's on the album Djin Djin, and it actually has lyrics for rhythm. It's at least something different, for sure.

/derailment

Whoa. That looks better graphically than Odin Sphere, and hopefully since the Wii is more powerful than the PS2, we wont see the slowdown we saw in OS.

The gameplay looks a bit more interesting too.

Yup, Odin Sphere was too boring after like the first hour or so. Hopefully this game keeps things fresh.

Whoa. That looks better graphically than Odin Sphere, and hopefully since the Wii is more powerful than the PS2, we wont see the slowdown we saw in OS.

The gameplay looks a bit more interesting too.

If this game comes to the U.S., I will be getting it reserved. It looks awesome. 2-D? That graphic style? Can't beat it. It's like those old school 2D games that make you look in the background and think "Whoa. I wonder what it would be like to walk around back there." And those monsters look cool as hell too.

I bet the music will be awesome as well.

Edit: This just in. The Wii is getting even more badass:

http://www.nintendic.com/news/1124

May be old, but hey, crazy Japanese games are exactly what this console needs.

Bump. Alright Wii people. Stop lurking, start posting.

Dragon Blade, Dewey's Adventure, DDR, and Fishing Master are out. So we got a good variety of games over the week. Has anybody played these yet? I'm wanting some opinions - Apparently Halo 3 is the only game that exists right now and there are hardly any decent reviews out there.

Anyway, have you played any of these, or are you planning on picking one of them up? Why or why not?

Holy shit. That's the most awesome Wii mod I've ever seen and probably will ever see.

That inspires me to mod and design a Wii myself. If only I had thousands of dollars of disposible income :(.

I really want to win the powerball lottery. Why do old people win it then sit on their money? I don't know about you, but I could do a lot of things with 250 million dollars.

That inspires me to mod and design a Wii myself. If only I had thousands of dollars of disposible income :(.

I really want to win the powerball lottery. Why do old people win it then sit on their money? I don't know about you, but I could do a lot of things with 250 million dollars.

If I had 250 million dollars, I would take my rusty old Mustang and give it a 500 horse engine and give it a Megaman color scheme (blue with light blue accents, all metallic). And blue lighting and seats and stuff. That's the first thing I would do .

And I would give a lot of it to charity and the less fortunate members of my own family.

And to hell with a Wii-mod. I'd have a theatre in the basement with every console known to man (excluding the Cd-i, Jaguar and 3D0), all hooked up through a master hub.

Oh, and I would buy some land by a river so that I could fish, jog and scream really loud all the time (and hear it echo).

And last but not least, a wireless router so that I could get my Wii back online.

I got DDR. It's good for a home version. TONS better than Mario Mix. Red Octane definitely needs to make a 3rd party pad for the GC/Wii though, because the soft pad just won't cut it for expert players.

I'm assuming the pad connects through the Gamecube controller port...is that right?

As for other games Megadave mentioned...Dragon Blade looked kinda interesting, but I'm really gonna need to see some reviews before I consider buying it. Then, Dewey's Adventure was a game I was excited for when it was first announced, but given that reviews are pretty sour for it I'm reconsidering. I may wait to try it out first, but it seems like while the concept was cool the execution was lacking.

How's the music selection for Hottest Party??

Honestly, I wasn't expecting the soundtrack to be all that great, but I actually like it. There's 50 songs total(including unlocks), and there are two 10 footers. Compared to the difficulty to Mario Mix, I was surprised to see any 10 footers on a Nintendo DDR game. There's also a decent amount of 9 footers as well.

So yeah, if there's any way to get a good pad to be used with the GC port(Answer to Penfold's question) in the near future, it's definitely worth looking into.

I've uploaded a handful of videos from the game on my YouTube account if you want to check those out.