Nintendo Wii

Smoke

SIN AND PUNISHMENT TODAY!!!

MARIO 2(JP) TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fojfogjofmogmofmgomfgomfomgomfg

http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=13567

Wow, an import genre! This makes the Virtual Console 5 million times better! New content!

This is a special week on the Wii Shop Channel. Frankly, it's a gamer's dream come true: Nintendo is launching the new Import genre
Please, oh please introduce Mother 1, Nintendo! I heard you guys even had it translated but never released it.

Honestly, I wasn't expecting the soundtrack to be all that great, but I actually like it. There's 50 songs total(including unlocks), and there are two 10 footers. Compared to the difficulty to Mario Mix, I was surprised to see any 10 footers on a Nintendo DDR game. There's also a decent amount of 9 footers as well.

So yeah, if there's any way to get a good pad to be used with the GC port(Answer to Penfold's question) in the near future, it's definitely worth looking into.

I've uploaded a handful of videos from the game on my YouTube account if you want to check those out.

is it the game good to get for someone who is wanting to get good at ddr, or is this more of a fun recreational play every now and then and forget it version

This is _awesome_.

Can anyone recommend the 64 shooter? Yes, I realize that I should buy it because it says Treasure...but I'm looking for someone to confirm that it's worth my $10.

I guess I could :) It's fairly challenging and has some decent length, which is always good. I have yet to beat it on Normal difficulty, and certain menu's make me believe there are some unlockables to be uhm...unlocked.

It's definitely worth the money concidering you'd normally pay over $70 (?) for a new N64 game, back in the day.

On a side note: if Nintendo is going to make another Starfox, for the love of God let Treasure do it!!! Not Namco, seeing how they have more experience with RPG's/Fighting games.

It's so obvious! :D

I've had the NES version of Mario 2 downloaded on my computer for some time, and I can recommend it -- I bought it on the VC today over my lunch hour.

I'm going to get the Treasure shooter (thanks for the recommendation, RF) and will post a mini-review when I play it later tonight.

Nice, both games look pretty purchase-worthy. Think I'm gonna wait a bit though, given that I too many games I'm still trying to get through as it is. That, and I'm trying to hold off on downloading any more N64 games till Nintendo gives us further means of storage for the Wii.

I'm going to get the Treasure shooter (thanks for the recommendation, RF) and will post a mini-review when I play it later tonight.

No problem :) Hope you'll enjoy it.

The story is a bit "WTF??? 0_0" but the action is really good most of the time, which is why I keep coming back to it.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/jacket/jacketrequest.jsp

If you bought a Wii before this week, and want free remote jacket covers that are shipping with new Wii's, then go here and order.

I ordered one just now, and when I submitted it I was taken to a blank screen. I have yet to get any e-mail confirmation yet. wtf, how do I find out if it went through or not?

This is the first I've at all heard about these things. Which is strange, because usually they at least pop up on Kotaku before they're even "official." Kinda like the 3 newer variations of the wrist strap(thicker string, rounded cap, lock clip).

To be honest.. ugly as fuck. But I ordered one anyway.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/jacket/jacketrequest.jsp

If you bought a Wii before this week, and want free remote jacket covers that are shipping with new Wii's, then go here and order.

hahaha, thats so hilarious looking. I'm getting 4.

Edit: Looks like I got overzealous with my order and I have to wait 24 hours to try again.

I started filling out the order form and right at the last step once I hit submit it takes me to a white page so I don't really know if the order went through or not. I did not receive any email either. I suppose I'll try filling out the order again a couple of days from now to see if it will give me some type of confirmation. Hopefully it didn't screw up and say I already placed an order but it still didn't go through the system.

Edit: Ahh crap I tried to place an order again and it says I have exceeded the number of wii jackets I can get. I guess this means it went through or so I hope.

You're misinterpreting what I'm saying, Bigfoot. I don't think everything should be free, but it wouldn't hurt to offer some points, you know, just enough to get a super nintendo game, to see what the VC has to offer when someone first purchases their Wii. By the way, I've bought over 10 games on VC, so I'm not saying "Oh fuck Nintendo", although I like to make fun of them for charging us for things we've bought multiple times. I think it might be feasible for them on a marketing standpoint and that it would be better than what they are offering now. I mean, who really needs those grip things. I'm not ordering them, so that shows how much I care. I think it's more selfish to download an assload of those things based off of the fact that they are free to you. So, that's what I was trying to say.

I'm not greedy, I've given them thousands of dollars throughout my lifespan.

I don't think everything should be free, but it wouldn't hurt to offer some points, you know, just enough to get a super nintendo game, to see what the VC has to offer when someone first purchases their Wii. ... I think it might be feasible for them on a marketing standpoint and that it would be better than what they are offering now.

I really thought that by now, I would be ale to collect Pepsi bottle caps or something similar to accumulate Wii points. 50 Wii points on each 20 oz soda? I'd buy a bunch of Pepsi for that. I think there's a huge market out there for someone to do that. Heck, I'd be excited if they did it for Xbox Live stuff too, even if I don't have a 360, just because I'd know similar stuff would happen with other brands and companies.

I have heard that there's Web sites like GamingLagoon that give you Wii points for filling out surveys and signing up for other offers (followed by an immediate cancellation, of course), but it sure seems shady compared to just collecting products I already buy anyway.

How about Wii points awarded in McDonald's Monopoly game? please?