Nintendo Wii

Smoke

Anybody else picking up Zack & Wiki tomorrow? 40 dollars for a new game is awesome. And the game looks awesome too. Love puzzle/point and click games.

I'm gonna get PW and ZW tomorrow. I still need to beat MP3 too...

freaking tf2.

Nice, I'm getting it. I think it actually ships today, though, so it'll be available tomorrow. Also preordered Front Mission DS and I'll be picking that up at the same time.

I haven't gotten mine yet. Imagine how many they are shipping out. It's probably going to take a pretty long while. Like $500 rebate long.

Yay, I got my Wii-Mote covers today. It's rather nice, and it really does feel like it can hit my TV head-on and still allow my TV to survive. It's so squishy on the front.

I feel a little bit bad for getting 4 covers but only having 2 wii-motes. Even if I plan to get 4 eventually, I heard they're coming with new wii-motes standard now. Well, at least I'll have spares.

So Mario Galaxy got a 38/40 from Famitsu.

In comparison, Mario 64 got 39/40, Sunshine 37/40, New Super Mario Bros. 36/40.

Famitsu only gives one 40/40 per console. There are only 6 perfect scores, which includes any console game ever made.

The six: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64), Soulcalibur 1 (Dreamcast), Vagrant Story (Playstation), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (Gamecube), Nintendogs (DS), Final Fantasy XII (Playstation 2).

There are 19 39/40 scores, most recently being Phantom Hourglass, Okami, Kingdom Hearts 2, and including A Link to the Past, Mario 64, Tekken 3, Virtua Fighter 2, Resident Evil 1, and Metal Gear Solid 3.

This leads me to believe that Wii Fit will get the 40, since it seems to be a huge fascination in japan.

I am sorry (not really), but I have to disagree with KH2 receiving such a high score. KH1 (gameplay wise) was superior.

This is me putting my hate for the game aside when I say this.

haha kingdom hearts has gameplay

thats a good one

i love the series but you cant deny that all the fighting consists of spamming circle and jumping

Animal Crossing an MMO?

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=174265

Edge magazine is reporting that Nintendo's Wii iteration of its hugely popular Animal Crossing franchise is taking a massively multiplayer online direction.

While we're still waiting for Nintendo to officially confirm anything about a Wii version of Animal Crossing (apart from the fact that it's coming), Edge's latest issue opens with the news lead: "Animal Crossing goes MMO".

The latest issue of the mag reports, "A Japanese source has confirmed to Edge that the upcoming Wii iteration of Animal Crossing is set to be a social networking MMO."

No further details are reported so we're left hanging about exactly when we'll be able to buy cheap turnips off the black market in Russia.

When contacted Nintendo only say it wouldn't comment on rumour and speculation. Bet your biggest fish this is happening...

*If* this is true, is it going to be dumbed down with friend codes and no communication whatsoever with strangers or will Nintendo abandon their childlike bullshit for online games?

So Mario Galaxy got a 38/40 from Famitsu.

In comparison, Mario 64 got 39/40, Sunshine 37/40, New Super Mario Bros. 36/40.

Famitsu only gives one 40/40 per console. There are only 6 perfect scores, which includes any console game ever made.

The six: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64), Soulcalibur 1 (Dreamcast), Vagrant Story (Playstation), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (Gamecube), Nintendogs (DS), Final Fantasy XII (Playstation 2).

There are 19 39/40 scores, most recently being Phantom Hourglass, Okami, Kingdom Hearts 2, and including A Link to the Past, Mario 64, Tekken 3, Virtua Fighter 2, Resident Evil 1, and Metal Gear Solid 3.

This leads me to believe that Wii Fit will get the 40, since it seems to be a huge fascination in japan.

Famitsu is notorious for nostalgia and fanboy service, so it's not surprising that a Mario game gets a high score.

Mario games are notorious for being very good. That's why its not suprising that a Mario game gets a high score.

Yeah, pretty much; particularly this Mario game. Given the praise this game has been receiving by at least the demos living up to everyone's very high expectations, I doubt "nostalgia and fanboy service" played much of a role in the Famitsu score.

Animal Crossing an MMO?

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=174265

*If* this is true, is it going to be dumbed down with friend codes and no communication whatsoever with strangers or will Nintendo abandon their childlike bullshit for online games?

If this is true, it'll be the first MMO I'll have ever wanted to play (already decided I'll be getting AC for Wii since they look like a fun series which I haven't gotten to try yet).

Anyway. looking forward to playing some Zack and Wiki today :-D.