Nintendo Wii

Smoke

Really GHIII Wii should be $80 due to less technology in the Guitar in combination with Wii's standard $50 games. Still, I'll cut my losses and be grateful GH Wii was cheaper at all.

Zack & Wiki for the win. :grin:

I went to buy the game yesterday, and neither of the stores I went to had even heard of the game. And one of them specializes in hard to find games! Their distributor doesn't even have the game on THEIR list.

Something tells me that Zack & Wiki won't sell that well, but this time it won't be due to lack of people wanting it. It's flown so far under the radar, with no one advertising the damn thing beyond viral word-of-blog, that even distros don't know it's out there.

I went to buy the game yesterday, and neither of the stores I went to had even heard of the game. And one of them specializes in hard to find games! Their distributor doesn't even have the game on THEIR list.

Something tells me that Zack & Wiki won't sell that well, but this time it won't be due to lack of people wanting it. It's flown so far under the radar, with no one advertising the damn thing beyond viral word-of-blog, that even distros don't know it's out there.

I'm not sure what "distros" means...distributors? Anyway, I don't think it'll sell all that poorly either, just given that I can't find it anywhere around here. Could have just been poor distribution (or maybe that's at least partially responsible), but it still seems to me that it selling out as it did is indicative of the interest it has generated. At any rate, I'm very excited to get ahold of this game for myself hopefully this weekend.

In other news, presumably soon you will be able to purchase Wii games for people in your friends list. I think that's rather interesting news...might be kind of a cool way to buy a gift for a friend.

This game will probably become the next Phoenix Wright where limited manufacturing makes it extremely valuable for a few months. Its really a quality title.

dlc is going to be a big deal

guitar hero has to compete with rock band which will have a LOT of online content

so yeah theres no way id get the wii version

and as bad as it was on gh2 im glad i got the 360 version for the atreyu song thats only available as dlc

and have fun with your friend codes

Just got it, seems pretty cool. The Wiitar is nice and works great with the wiimote. The touch is different than other GH controllers I've used but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

The graphics on the other hand, are terrible.

Wait, what? How do you have it already?

Also, who pays attention to graphics in Guitar Hero?

Wait, what? How do you have it already?

Also, who pays attention to graphics in Guitar Hero?

Well, it's 2:42 AM here. I got it at midnight. Anyway, the only reason I noticed the graphics being bad was that they seemed worse than the old games. I think Neversoft was just going for a slightly different look, but they all kind of look like Chuck E. Cheese robots, especially the drummer.

Also, the boss battles are kind of lame, and the Wii actually locked up during the battle with Slash D:

Still really fun, not sure if I am happy that it cost me $100 though.

I've yet to try the online stuff, but the first thing the game tells you to do is make an online profile thang. It seems like it keeps track of a bunch of stuff.

It was also pretty funny, at the GameStop I went to the computer crashed. All these people were trying to pay off the rest of their games but it wouldn't take cash. People were getting so pissed and the GameStop guy was on the phone with corporate and tech support. Some other guy spent like 30 minutes swearing that he had more money on his gift card than was showing up.

And then there was a dude in a banana suit.

edit: Stat tracking is pretty cool in GH3. This is just from us doodling around after we got it. Profile's named after my buddy since we were on his Wii. When I get home and start mine I'll post my friend code and all the stuff. It also looks like there is some sort of guild system. Guitar Hero 3 OCR Guild anyone? I'll look into starting one up later today.

edit 2: OCR Tour Group