Nintendo Wii

Smoke

Since Metroid Corruption is out in Europe since a few days, is there anyone interested in trading friend vouchers? (in others words, exchange friend codes so we can unlock stuff)

0_0 I started playing 2 days ago, on the veteran difficulty and finished at 99% on my first go n_n. (Granted that finding stuff is now easier than ever before u_u )

I did check some FAQS afterwards to see what else can be done, and I'm always surprised at how much stuff is hidden in games and how the hell people figure these things out on their own, like those special event things.

Are people just that good. Or do they have some sort of insider help/tools or something?

It's crazy really. Maybe they're game testers then?

Anyway, lets trade stuff :)

My Wii-number: 7102756276883396

edit: Stat tracking is pretty cool in GH3. This is just from us doodling around after we got it. Profile's named after my buddy since we were on his Wii. When I get home and start mine I'll post my friend code and all the stuff. It also looks like there is some sort of guild system. Guitar Hero 3 OCR Guild anyone? I'll look into starting one up later today.

edit 2: OCR Tour Group

Looks awesome. As soon as I actually get my hands on the game I'll join up.

Does the game automatically set that up when you create an online profile, or do you have to register for it through the site?
When you turn it on it mentions that you should connect to WFC and create a profile. All you do is pick a name for yourself. You can just leave it at that if all you want to do is look at your stats. If you want to join groups and stuff, you register for an account there and link it to your Wii account via friend code.

When you turn it on it mentions that you should connect to WFC and create a profile. All you do is pick a name for yourself. You can just leave it at that if all you want to do is look at your stats. If you want to join groups and stuff, you register for an account there and link it to your Wii account via friend code.

Sure makes it sound like it's quite possible that the Wii's online system doesn't have to be so shitty.

Here's hoping 3rd parties will do the smart thing with their online play and just have it automatically import your buddy list from the address book. It might teach Nintendo that they're not king of the hill on their own system, in all ways.

Here's hoping 3rd parties will do the smart thing with their online play and just have it automatically import your buddy list from the address book. It might teach Nintendo that they're not king of the hill on their own system, in all ways.

This is essentially what MP3 did. The only problem is you don't know if the other person has the game, so you could send friend vouchers to someone who couldn't use them or return the favor.

This is essentially what MP3 did. The only problem is you don't know if the other person has the game, so you could send friend vouchers to someone who couldn't use them or return the favor.

IIRC, turning the little WiiConnect24 feature on in MP3 was manual, and you couldn't send anyone vouchers unless their name was "lit up" - they had enabled it. But I could be wrong.

EDIT: My sister just told me she wants GH3 for Wii. Is it a legitimate expenditure? I know spleen said he wasn't exactly happy he had nearly spent $100 - should I just wait to throw my money at Nintendo once Galaxy and Brawl come out?

IIRC, turning the little WiiConnect24 feature on in MP3 was manual, and you couldn't send anyone vouchers unless their name was "lit up" - they had enabled it. But I could be wrong.

I was able to send a voucher to a friend who doesn't even have the game. It was gone from my stock and he couldn't do anything with it.

Also, the main reason I'm not missing out on GH3 is I'm drooling over the thought of playing The Killers, The Who, Sonic Youth, The Smashing Pumpkins, Muse, Bloc Party, and The Strokes. I haven't been too crazy about many songs on the previous games (although they're still fun games), but this will be a musical fanboy dream for me.

EDIT: Spleen, can you play co-op career mode online? Or is it only two players on one Wii?

So IGN posted more images of FF:CC WiiWare and is (as before) looking really nice, especially compared to pretty much all the other WiiWare titles we've been shown so far, but I'll be interested to hear details about the gameplay and whatnot.

Anyway, Battalion Wars 2 comes out tomorrow. Really enjoyed the original, short as it was, and anticipating this to be more of the same. I think I'll be picking this up tomorrow, even though it'll be dicey if I'll much any time to sink into it before Fire Emblem arrives next week. Who else plans on picking this up?

GH3 is freakin' awesome.

I'm totally in love with about 3/5s of the tracklist. "When You Were Young" is especially fun to play, and both "Reptilia" and "Helicopter" are decent challenges. Plus, "The Seeker" and "Cherub Rock"? I really want to jump around and bang my head until I give myself whiplash when I play them.

Note: playing with a Wiimote as the secondary controller on Co-op actually works fairly well. A friend and I were able to demolish Medium in short manner last night with me playing lead on the Wiitar and him covering rhythm/bass on the Wiimote.

Spleen: I know what you mean about the graphics now, but the only thing about them that really pisses me off that much is the animation. It's bloody awful. The models aren't that bad but the animation is so spastic and in some cases entirely broken it looks like an early N64 title. It's like Activision or Neversoft or RedOctane or whoever's to blame didn't put any effort into the graphics because they figured they could just fall back on the old "oh, it's a Wii, graphics don't matter because it's all about the gameplay/controls" excuse. Yeah, if it weren't for the great tracklist I wouldn't really accept that and be happy when paying the same price as PS2 owners for what is essentially an empty shell of a controller. Don't fail so hard next time plzkthx.

Also, is it just me, or are boss battles insanely more difficult than anything else? Playing on Medium, I haven't been able to beat any of them even once. My last try on Slash I just failed on purpose so I could wuss out and move on. How are those meant to be done successfully?

Boss battles are a bitch. When you get a power or whatever, don't use them as soon as you get it. That's what I did at first.

Unless it's a difficulty-up or double-note (both of which I find to be almost useless), I tend to use them whenever the boss is on an item streak, so he can't get any items to blast me. One of the last times with Slash I noticed that using an item during his very last part tends to run his rock down very fast, but I was too tired and sick of the mode by that time to give it a serious try again. My fingers basically died (we played essentially seven hours with only one two-hour break in between yesterday).

Don't forget to join the OCR tour group. Man, how do you guys strum? Thumb? My hand gets so tired out so quick, which is alright on medium, but gonna hurt me when I get to hard.

Also: bosses are annoying, but don't give up. Eventually you'll get the right combo of items that you can use in a row to take them down pretty quick. <3 Midori.

edit: And my Wiimote is being lame and I really have to jerk the guitar up hard to get star power. It always screws me up cos I have to pull it up so hard and fast. I'm going to have to see what the deal is.

So IGN posted more images of FF:CC WiiWare and is (as before) looking really nice, especially compared to pretty much all the other WiiWare titles we've been shown so far, but I'll be interested to hear details about the gameplay and whatnot.

Anyway, Battalion Wars 2 comes out tomorrow. Really enjoyed the original, short as it was, and anticipating this to be more of the same. I think I'll be picking this up tomorrow, even though it'll be dicey if I'll much any time to sink into it before Fire Emblem arrives next week. Who else plans on picking this up?

I saw some of the FF:CC screens this morning. It actually looks suprisingly good, given that it is a WiiWare Download.

Country building RPG? That sounds pretty sweet.

I might pick it up. I really loved the first one, but the NP review...

Don't forget to join the OCR tour group. Man, how do you guys strum? Thumb? My hand gets so tired out so quick, which is alright on medium, but gonna hurt me when I get to hard.

Also: bosses are annoying, but don't give up. Eventually you'll get the right combo of items that you can use in a row to take them down pretty quick. <3 Midori.

edit: And my Wiimote is being lame and I really have to jerk the guitar up hard to get star power. It always screws me up cos I have to pull it up so hard and fast. I'm going to have to see what the deal is.

I = ctfreak42. And I use my thumb, but that hand doesn't get tired half as fast as my left hand does with all the solos. I swear, nearly every song in this game has a solo that pops up at about three times the speed of the rest of the song. My finger flexibility is going to be through the roof in some time.

But as far as helping with your strum, be sure to use your index finger as well to strum both down and up on faster sections where the notes are closer together. A lot of people around here seem to do it almost all the time, but I find it much less practical for notes that are father apart because then you have to hold your downward strum until the next note when you can strum up again.