Nintendo Wii

Smoke

Didn't keep up with much of the thread, but I gotta say on the topic of Mario & Sonic at the Olympics, I heard it's actually a pretty solid game with very few actual weak points and a few really ingenious games. IGN, for example, seems to think that if they expanded on the, what were they again? Dream games or something? That they'd really be onto something special for a sequel, but it's solid and fun as it is.

I'm still being mesmerized by Galaxy myself, though. :)

Picking up Trauma Center: New Blood soon.

Olympics is hit-or-miss depending on the event. Archery and skeet shooting are good, for instance. Running (and therefore hurdles) gets boring after you do it the 100th time. Swimming and high jump are my favorites right now.

Also, has anyone picked up the Wii Zapper yet? It's fun, but unless a solid FPS comes out very soon, it's going to sit and collect dust -- Link's Crossbow Training isn't all that great after an hour.

Virtual Console is lacking RPGs in general, which is a shame given SNES's history.

THANK YOU.

I'm still waiting for Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 3. (6 now but my cartridge says 3 so it will ALWAYS be 3 in my heart!)

I'm willing to buy them again even though I own the cartridges AND ROMs. Why? Because I'm crazy like that. Just to show Nintendo we want some traditional RPG action going on here!

Maybe some tasty Secret of Mana too, been a while since I had some good action RPG co-op. ;)

does anyone have geometry wars galaxies?

it has online leaderboards but im really confused as to how that works since you dont have an online wii handle and nintendo would never let it sorted by wii codes because then wed see peoples wii codes and all become child rapists

so how do the leaderboards work

it has online leaderboards but im really confused as to how that works since you dont have an online wii handle and nintendo would never let it sorted by wii codes because then wed see peoples wii codes and all become child rapists

Initials perhaps?

You probably register some sort of nickname, like with GH3.

On the subject of Battletoads, is anyone here actually capable of beating that game without taking advantage of either cheat codes or save-state?

I can reliably beat everything except Rat Race 3, and Stage 12 (the damn spinning tower). Occasionally I'll pull everything off, but it doesn't happen that often.

This is a longshot, but for the other CompSci nuts at OCR:

Is there a utility to extract the unencrypted bits from a Wii save .bin file (saved to an SD card)?

I'm looking for a way to rip the save icons from the save files, but I can't write a tool myself because I can't figure out what image format it uses. If it were a simple pixmap, I've already written a tool that reads those...

The reason I want the save icons is for the friend code database. I need a good way to represent Wii games. I can already rip the DS icons.

So, last night, I downloaded Blue's Journey for virtual console. I don't know why. Maybe it was the screen shots that remind me of fantasy zone. People, this is one messed up game, and for some odd reason, I don't feel cheated.

There's tons of great Engrish and crazy Japanese weirdness. Everything looks like an acid trip (like Fantasy Zone or Wonder Boy), and the shop keeper is in a stripper outfit (and has huge breasts). There's also a lot of weird "Japanese" voice acting and possibly the most retarded ending I have ever seen. It didn't take long to beat, but I appreciate the game for it's weirdness and uniqueness.

The game play is pretty fun, with a ton of different power-ups, and weapons that increment in power. You can also grow and shrink at any time to go from power to speed. You can play with a friend (yes, has coop) when they come over, and they will go "What the hell is this weirdness?"

Oops, I just wrote a review. Has anyone else tried this game?

I'm still waiting for Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 3. (6 now but my cartridge says 3 so it will ALWAYS be 3 in my heart!)

I'm willing to buy them again even though I own the cartridges AND ROMs. Why? Because I'm crazy like that. Just to show Nintendo we want some traditional RPG action going on here!

Maybe some tasty Secret of Mana too, been a while since I had some good action RPG co-op. ;)

Good luck with getting SE bringing their games to VC. Why charge people $5 to $15 a game (come on, you know that they would charge as much as possible) when you can port or remake it for DS (or even the PSP) and price it at $50 a game?

But on the other hand, looking back at all the remakes and ports that have come out and been bought over and over again by the same people, maybe they think they can actually get away with both a VC release and a new port/remake/pseudo-sequel.