Nintendo Wii

Smoke

It's probably as under-the-radar as games can get. I didn't even know there was a Wii version.

Regardless, I got my fill on the DS, and while I applaud the concept, in the end it's just Bejeweled with an incredibly broken, cheap AI.

I want to pick up NiGHTS: Journey into Dreams. December 12th is its release, right? We'll see how its reviews are first, though, because I already own one ultra-kiddy platformer for the Wii (Dewy's Adventure). Any more of those too-easy games and I'll have to turn in my manhood.

I want to pick up NiGHTS: Journey into Dreams. December 12th is its release, right? We'll see how its reviews are first, though, because I already own one ultra-kiddy platformer for the Wii (Dewy's Adventure). Any more of those too-easy games and I'll have to turn in my manhood.

1. Get girlfriend

2. Introduce gf to video games

3. Buy kiddy looking games "for her," I.E. Zack and Wiki, NiGHTS, etc.

4. Get all kinds of lovins for being such a great bf

5. Play "kiddy" games by yourself in the dark in secrecy

6. ???

7. PROFIT!!

I'm open to anything really, but my least favorite is probably strategy.

Looking at the list, here's 15 of the best ones in my view...

-=SNES=-

Super Castlevania IV- A great entry into the series. Nice graphics, good music, but a bit on the easy side. The controllable whip makes for some interesting gameplay additions, and there are plenty of levels to make your way through.

R-Type III: The Third Lightning- Great shmup. Pretty damn hard too. Great graphics, good music, and a choice of three different Force orbs to make for some experimentation.

Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts- Hard as a fucking rock, it'll make you want to punch a baby. However, it's not hard because it's cheap, it's hard by way of enemy placements and level layout. It's graphically very good, has a very nice soundtrack, and to see the ending, you'll need to play through twice.

Super Metroid- Do I really need to explain anything with this one?

Axelay- Another shmup from Konami. As expected it looks quite good, has good music, and it switches from "into the screen" view, to side view every other stage. Gotta crank this one's difficulty all the way to see everything in the ending.

-=Genesis=-

Ristar- A platformer that really got little attention, despite the rather high praise. The character is sickeningly cute, but the gameplay is spot on. Great graphics, upbeat music, fun gameplay thanks to the character's stretchy arms, and big, fun levels. The boss fights are blast too, and the game as a whole has just the right amount of challenge. Great stuff.

Gunstar Heroes- Contra-like gameplay, but much more hectic. Very good graphics, good music, a tough challenge, and lots of levels. It's by Treasure, so it's got all the expected cool special effects too. Run 'N Gun baby.

Alien Soldier- Take the above game's gameplay, difficulty and visual style, shorten the levels, and make twenty-plus bosses for you to fight. This game is a boss fight lovers dream, as the bosses make up the majority of it. It never came to The States, and it's a shame since this game is quality stuff (again) from Treasure.

Landstalker: The Treasures of King Nole- Action RPG that's set up in an isometric view. It's done by Climax, and it has a similar graphical style to games like Shining Force and especially Shining In the Darkness. Making the jumps is a bit difficult because of the view, but the game is great from start to finish.

Shining In the Darkness- A dungeon crawler on the Genesis? Why not. The music gets a bit repetitive after a while, but it's a quality title. The dungeons get tougher as you go along, and keep some paper handy as you'll want to make a map of your journey. Good graphics, nice tunes, and a solid challenge that keeps from feeling unfair.

Beyond Oasis- Another action RPG, done by Ancient (Yuzo Koshiro's company). Great graphics and a tough, but fun quest wait for you here. The music's a bit average, but mostly because the tunes aren't all that memorable, as opposed to being bad aural quality.

Shinobi III- The last entry on the Genesis, and it's a good one. Very nice graphics, good music, a nice variety of levels, and it's a good challenge. It plays similarly to Revenge of Shinobi, but its gameplay has been expanded with a few new moves, and ridable vehicles. A very good action platformer.

-=NES=-

Castlevania- An NES classic. Sure, the graphics are rough, but the music is memorable, and the gameplay is good.

Castlevania II: Simon's Quest- Better graphics and equally good tunes, this game's several times larger thanks to the broader quest. Another NES classic.

Ninja Gaiden 1+2- I'm putting these together because they play damn near the same. Both games are hard as hell, but they're also quality titles thanks to the graphics, music and level design.

Ristar- A platformer that really got little attention, despite the rather high praise. The character is sickeningly cute, but the gameplay is spot on. Great graphics, upbeat music, fun gameplay thanks to the character's stretchy arms, and big, fun levels. The boss fights are blast too, and the game as a whole has just the right amount of challenge. Great stuff.

This game is seriously awesome. Makes me wish ristar-cluster was still around so i could link to it.

Also WHY DIDNT ANYBODY TELL ME THERE WAS A GEOMETRY WARS RELEASED FOR THE WII

This game is seriously awesome. Makes me wish ristar-cluster was still around so i could link to it.

Also WHY DIDNT ANYBODY TELL ME THERE WAS A GEOMETRY WARS RELEASED FOR THE WII

yeah thats pretty much the best game on the system

or any system

i have the ds one AND I AM SUPER HAPPY

also if you read any of my posts youd have seen that i asked about it

telling you there was that game

Shhhhhhh...

We're sitting right here. No need to shout.

Bigfoot- You cheater. All you have to do to get to the final level on the second loop is play for five hours without pausing. Then the game feels sorry for you, and moves you to it :lol:

Wait, what? Are you serious, haha. How did you find that out?