Nintendo Wii

Smoke

What's this about a new update killing my Wii's ability to play MP3 files off an SD card? Destructoid has a post about it.

I have a tiny little 256 MB card, and I've never used it for playing music on my Wii... but still... having the option is nice.

nintendo thinks that aac is better and they for some reason are KILLING mp3 support to support aac which is weird i dont see why they need to stop the console from supporting one filetype to enable another

I'm worried that if I update my Wii (via the letter I just got) it will replace my photo channel with the newer version and then I wouldn't be able to play mp3s anymore. I've used that channel to play music off my 2GB card on occasion in the past (when friends come over, for example, and my laptop gives shitty sound compared to my TV); I wouldn't want to end up popping in Excite Truck to play mp3s from now on. Will I still have the option?

I'm worried that if I update my Wii (via the letter I just got) it will replace my photo channel with the newer version and then I wouldn't be able to play mp3s anymore. I've used that channel to play music off my 2GB card on occasion in the past (when friends come over, for example, and my laptop gives shitty sound compared to my TV); I wouldn't want to end up popping in Excite Truck to play mp3s from now on. Will I still have the option?

The Wii system update does not automatically update the photo channel. You still have to nab the photo channel update from the shop channel to break your MP3 compatibility.

So... I'm such a Nintendo fanboy consumer whore... that I'm seriously considering getting the Wii zapper (which looks cool, but a terrible waste of money) just so I can get the Link's Crossbow Training that comes with it.

Anyone played this? Or general thoughts on the Zapper?

For $20 with Link's Crossbow Training. It's a steal.

See this is what I was thinking, but everyone told me I'm crazy. So thank you. :<

The crossbow training looks pretty cool. And this brings me back to the gerudo valley target test. I just hope its not a game that can be beaten in its entirety in 10 minutes. And maybe if it's a REALLY great game... it'll tell me I'm good if I get 100% on a level. Got to love those personal rewards.

From what I've heard Link's Crossbow Training is pretty fun for as long as it lasts, which is only a few hours. Also, some say the game is actually a lot easier and far less frustrating without the zapper peripheral, but I have yet to try it out myself so that's not my own opinion. But yeah, only twenty bucks, right? For me personally I'd rather just wait until a friend picks it up to give it a whirl.

Edit: Also, the zapper itself seems pretty gimicky and would probably just collect dust after a while.

That's cool, it's good to hear some people are enjoying it. Haven't really kept up with it, but aside from that new Resident Evil game are there many other games coming out soon where the zapper might play a factor in the gameplay? If there are I might look into getting one, though I have very low expectations for that Resident Evil.

Apparently the Zapper is a sort of a flop in some circles. The button placement was all wrong from conception anyway. And the funny part is that many reviews apparently say the normal wiimote is more accurate and wieldy than the gun. I didn't think they would struggle with a gun adapter. I'm worrying about how the steering wheel could turn out.

NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams shipped. Comes out in Japan on Dec 13th, USA on Dec 18th.

Support for it has been added to the ClanOCR database.

Thanks to a leak I'm playing it already. The music is fantastic, the game is fun, I have no complaints so far though I've only played one mission so far.

The database is lacking GHIII and I think that should be rectified.