Nintendo Wii

Smoke

I hadn't been to Nintendo.com in a while... but it looks like they changed it up quite a bit. It's nicer looking... but not as user friendly I find. Anyway, it seems like they completely did away with exclusive content for registering your games? Ftw? Not like that shit was ever very impressive, but I liked knowing that I got SOMETHING out of my troubles.

Anyone see that rumor about Wiis attracting roaches?

So... actual, crazy unknown thing, a complete misunderstanding (someone with a roach-infested apartment made a connection), or hidden Sony attack?

Also, Nintendo's stocks have gone down. OH NOES! MY GOD! Sell your stock and all your Nintendo stuff now while it's still worth something!

I wish the new gifting VC options applied to titles I already owned...as in, I'd like to give away my copy of Sin and Punishment to someone in exchange for basically anything else. If anyone finds a way to do that, let us know please.

Unless it _does_ exist and I'm just incredibly stupid. In which case also let me know.

I wish the new gifting VC options applied to titles I already owned...as in, I'd like to give away my copy of Sin and Punishment to someone in exchange for basically anything else. If anyone finds a way to do that, let us know please.

Unless it _does_ exist and I'm just incredibly stupid. In which case also let me know.

I doubt that exists or will exist. Then you could essentially share all your games with your friends and split the cost.

No, all accounts are that you spend Wii Points on a VC title, and then send it to someone on your Friend Code list. There's no "regifting" of titles.

Well I haven't seen the display screen, but thats why I'm assuming you can't send the ones you already own. I'm thinking it never gets loaded on your console at all? Yes? This is all I was trying to say. My apologies for being misleading.

I just bought a 2nd Wii remote controller and synced it with my Wii and started testing it out on the Wii's main interface but if I go to Wii settings and try to pick an option it won't let me. Is it because you can only do so with the player 1 (P1) remote or is there something screwed up with my (P2) remote?

me and drack played some NiGHTS over wifi before

first things first

it gets one major thing right

when youre playing the game, no matter what, youre online and if someone wants to play a little bell comes into the corner alerting you

ok now what it does wrong

EVERYTHING ELSE

only race is online its only 2 players there are only 3 maps and if youre behind (which i was the entire time) they dont give you any kind of way of catching up

Shikigami no Shiro 3 is an AWESOME shmup.

I'm only just starting it and I can get to the 4-1 boss. I love bullet hell, and this is the first good shmup on a Nintendo system since .. ikaruga on gc?

Also, Hyuga's shikigami attack (type A) rapes boss healthbars.

Nintendo/gamestop have made a program for the Wii-less. You can go to gamestop and reserve a Wii that you will get no later than Jan. 31st. Just thought I'd let you folks know.

http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/12/nintendo-announ.html

I just wanted to update this "Wii raincheck program" that megadave brought up with information from my boss at GameStop. All of this refers to just our GameStop in Ohio from what I know, so many other stores may be doing things differently.

We are allotted 24 "rainchecks," that's it. Instead of being Thursday and Friday, we are only accepting orders on Friday the 21st, and we will probably hit 24 orders by 10 a.m., an hour after we open. All indications are that this will be some sort of disaster one way or another, mostly because of poor communication or lack of information. For instance, this article doesn't mention that there is a limit to the number of rainchecks, so many people will be out of luck, and they will be very mad at GameStop.

Also, if every GameStop gets 24 Wiis each, he said that the total is only about 10,000 Wiis, which is clearly not enough to appease the masses.

Needless to say, my manager is pretty upset at GameStop corporate over this whole thing. Yes, I know that most of their business practices are usually questionable to say the least, but this one seems to be more Nintendo's fault.

I just wanted to update this "Wii raincheck program" that megadave brought up with information from my boss at GameStop. All of this refers to just our GameStop in Ohio from what I know, so many other stores may be doing things differently.

We are allotted 24 "rainchecks," that's it. Instead of being Thursday and Friday, we are only accepting orders on Friday the 21st, and we will probably hit 24 orders by 10 a.m., an hour after we open. All indications are that this will be some sort of disaster one way or another, mostly because of poor communication or lack of information. For instance, this article doesn't mention that there is a limit to the number of rainchecks, so many people will be out of luck, and they will be very mad at GameStop.

Also, if every GameStop gets 24 Wiis each, he said that the total is only about 10,000 Wiis, which is clearly not enough to appease the masses.

Needless to say, my manager is pretty upset at GameStop corporate over this whole thing. Yes, I know that most of their business practices are usually questionable to say the least, but this one seems to be more Nintendo's fault.

Luckily my nearby Ohio Gamestop is participating.

Thanks for the info... I'll try to get a jump on it.

For our VC monday pleasure: Cybernator (SNES), Alien Storm (Sega Genesis), and Monster Lair (TurboGrafx16 CD-ROM).

I dunno, I heard of Monster Lair--not sure much about it. But Nintendo, come on! Give us some blockbuster RPGs like Super Mario RPG, Earthbound, any Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, ect.

For our VC monday pleasure: Cybernator (SNES), Alien Storm (Sega Genesis), and Monster Lair (TurboGrafx16 CD-ROM).

I dunno, I heard of Monster Lair--not sure much about it. But Nintendo, come on!

I found Cybernator at a Goodwill store about a month ago ($3), but I haven't played it yet. I suppose the fact that it was released on the Virtual Console means that at least someone enjoyed it? Please?

i decided to try medal of honor heroes 2

first off

EXCELLENT CONTROLS

ive only played one mission of the campaign and it was fun but i cannot comment about the campaign as a whole

now for the good part

ONLINE PLAY

there are...yes its true....NO FRIEND CODES

its ea's service and you simply register a handle with them and thats your name

the matchmaking is excellent and the fact that it goes up to 32 players is just GREAT

i decided to try medal of honor heroes 2

first off

EXCELLENT CONTROLS

ive only played one mission of the campaign and it was fun but i cannot comment about the campaign as a whole

now for the good part

ONLINE PLAY

there are...yes its true....NO FRIEND CODES

its ea's service and you simply register a handle with them and thats your name

the matchmaking is excellent and the fact that it goes up to 32 players is just GREAT

Was wondering about this game, actually, ever since supremespleen tipped me off to it. Nice to hear that it's solid. Also, respect to EA for not being Nintendo. Er, at least in the area of online. I keep looking for a fun shooter on Wii, but CoD3 was not very good, Red Steel was an atrocity and MP3 is in a totally different category, really. So, should I be looking out for MoHH2? (wow, an actually useful post by atma. Ready yourself for the apocalypse.) :3

Anyone remember Mission in Snowdriftland? It was a flash platformer that had a level for every day of December. After each stage you beat, you got downloads for different Nintendo games.

Anyway, they aren't providing another flash based game this year, but I got this from their newsletter.

"News from extra toxic!

A lot of faithful fans have been waiting a whole year for the return of Chubby

and his friends. But, unfortunately, Mission in Snowdriftland won’t be online

this year due to organizational reasons.

But there’s good news as well: extra toxic has been officially licensed for

Nintendo Wii games development recently. We don’t want to reveal anything

else at this point, but we’ll let you know as soon as there’s something new.

The extra toxic team wishes you a wonderful Christmas time and a happy new year."

If they can make a platformer that was as fun as MISDL, that'd be sweet.