Nintendo Wii

Smoke

Awesome, I've been wanting to try StarTropics for a really long time.

Any hints or suggestions on how to play such an old game for the first time? Is it like "Castlevania II: Simon's Quest" and I'll have no idea what I'm doing without help, or should is it more straight forward and I should I just try to wing it?

Nice, Star Tropics on VC...been looking forward to finally getting to try this out. Will be getting that tonight, and I think I'll finally break down and get Sin and Punishment despite not wanting to buy any more N64 games till they add more useable storage for the Wii.

Nice, Star Tropics on VC...been looking forward to finally getting to try this out. Will be getting that tonight, and I think I'll finally break down and get Sin and Punishment despite not wanting to buy any more N64 games till they add more useable storage for the Wii.

Though you may have already purchased Sin and Punishment, and while it's a decent title, I would just like to state that the control scheme for the GameCube controller with make your hands look like they're engaged in a game of Twister. I don't have a Classic Controller because I opted for the regular GameCube controller so I could also play GameCube titles, so I can't speak for the control scheme with that controller.

If you haven't purchased it, though, and you only have a GC controller, I'd steer clear of it.

Keep in mind though that Sin & Punishment has selectable control schemes as well, so even if you only have a GCN controller, if you fiddle with the options, you'll find something to your liking.

But Classic Controller is a solid investment for VC games.

While I agree completely, it's also a bit of a pain in the ass for Pokemon Snap, just for the record.

The controls are fine and all that, but the joystick is way the hell more sensitive than the N64 controller's was. I find myself overshooting my target frequently.

Buuut of course that's a small price to pay.

Definitely, pick up a Classic Controller if you plan on downloading more than one or two VC games.

I'm not too worked up about it. I've been playing Twilight Princess, and I still want to play No More Heroes and Endless Ocean (c'mon, Brawl isn't the only cool game coming out). But I hear ya, it's been pushed back way too many times. They should have waited until the game's completion to announce any release date.

By the way, VC kinda sucked this week didn't it. Only 2 games and none of them particularly notable.

what is the name of po's poem?

are you a game master?

(if you know what im talking about, that shit has plagued me forever, please shed some light on it)

It's a trick question. Po's poem has no title -- Po, the poet, can be found next to the Hermit's Mountain in Chapter 3. His poem gives a hint as to how to finish the chapter.

I _am_ a game master, at least as far as Startropics is concerned. :P

EDIT: Also, I'm unhappy with the delay of Brawl -- I was really looking forward to it. I wonder how much (if at all) this will hurt sales...