Nintendo Wii

Smoke

I just want to thank everyone for being good about spoiler tags and links so far. Or if people have been bad, I want to thank the Mods for dispensing justice.

That music list is huge, and more will come. Did we learn anything else with the music list? Perhaps a new stage? (Was New Pork City announced before??

I just want to thank everyone for being good about spoiler tags and links so far. Or if people have been bad, I want to thank the Mods for dispensing justice.

That music list is huge, and more will come. Did we learn anything else with the music list? Perhaps a new stage? (Was New Pork City announced before??

No problem. This thread isn't dedicated to smash bros, so people read this for more than just this game. It is only right that we cover spoilers for brawl since people may want to keep from having things spoiled for them.

Brawl Spoiler

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/2338/finalrosterbg6.png

People are saying that is the final roster.

Another Spoiler

http://s259.photobucket.com/albums/hh286/KazeSSBB/?action=view&current=roomformanymore.png

And it meshes with that screen, since you couldn't fit any more characters there as they have placed it.

I still want more.

Brawl Spoiler

Another Spoiler

http://s259.photobucket.com/albums/hh286/KazeSSBB/?action=view&current=roomformanymore.png

And it meshes with that screen, since you couldn't fit any more characters there as they have placed it.

I still want more.

Wow, that's a fair amount of slots remaining at the end of Ike there, 16 slots remaining, we'll have to see thoose that remain D;.

Yeah. I could have sworn I saw Dr. Mario in a screenshot somewhere. Maybe I was mistaken, but he's certainly not in the roster I provided. Then again, I can't seem to find the screenshot I am thinking about. Maybe I imagined it.

His theme has been moved in another stage, so maybe he won't be there ?

However, there is only enough room for 36 in total. That's one less than the number in the other screenshot.

Just to clarify, the one "complete" roster shot that's been posted here is fake. So far the confirmed roster is virtually similar but does not include Wolf.

We better all be getting both versions of those songs. I hate it when companies arbitrarily decide we're too stupid to realize there are other languages in the world.

Given that in Melee you could switch the game to Japanese and it would change character names (written and announced) and the background of the trophy display (among other things) I wouldn't be surprised if both versions were accessible just by changing the language setting.

Just to clarify, the one "complete" roster shot that's been posted here is fake. So far the confirmed roster is virtually similar but does not include Wolf.

You're right. I noticed the screenshot that has Wolf also has Cell Link in it, however, his picture is completely different in the other roster shot. Also, everybody is all jumbled around.

So, the history of the Wii and the PS3 has been... repetitive, to say the least. Nintendo comes out with a motion controller, Sony says it's a gimmick, then throws one in at the last moment.

Nintendo put rumble on their controller, Sony says it's last gen and no one wants it... then quickly puts it in theirs.

Now, even though he wasn't a Nintendo employee, some guy figured out a way to use the Wiimote as a VR tracking system (you've all seen it by now, just go back a few pages). Now, I don't know what Sony thought of this, but one of their programmers just turned the EyeToy camera into... a VR tracking system. OK, so it was a tracking system before when it came out for the PS2, but this is different enough to warrant a mention. It uses the exact same system as the Wii setup.

http://kotaku.com/351539/vr-head-tracking-for-the-ps3

Being from Sony's programming division, it's pretty much official. They've even put it up for download for people to play around with.

Man, Sony just loves copying Nintendo.

On a side note, now that two of the three consoles have the making for a basic one-player VR game, how long until we start seeing games that make use of this? Maybe a separate add-on that comes with the glasses, packed in with a new game?

So a while back I bought a Nyko wireless sensor bar, since by all accounts it was stronger/worked better than the OEM sensor bar. Well, it was, but after a month or so of owning it I got pretty annoyed with having to get up to turn it on and off, eventually needing to change the batteries, and that ridiculously bright blue LED on the front of it, and decided to make a change. I bought a tri-wing screwdriver to open up the OEM sensor bar, a soldering iron, and some wire and got to work on modifying the wireless sensor bar this last Saturday. After doing a search for what I was looking to do, I found a lot of people who made their own wireless sensor bars or modified OEM sensor bars but no one who took a 3rd party wireless sensor bar and power it with the Wii.

After taking apart the OEM sensor bar, I disconnected the wire that went to the Wii...should have just desoldered it but I wasn't thinking and cut/stripped the wires instead. Found out after testing connecting positive/negative wires to the battery connection points that the wires are enamel-coated, so I had to tin them (decided to solder at that point too).

After testing it out with no results, I tried connecting two AA batteries in circuit to the connection points with the Wii on, and that gave it enough of a "jump start" to keep working until the Wii was reset/turned off (when resetting or switching channels on the Wii power is temporarily cut to the sensor bar as I found out). The conclusion I came to was the extra circuitry used for the on/off switch, timer, and related speaker collectively caused the wireless sensor bar to draw more amps than the wire from the Wii could supply. Decided to rip out that damn blue LED at this point too...just because :P.

After discussing this with a friend, the best means to bypass this extra circuitry was clear - simply connect a small wire between where that stuff connected to the rest of the circuitry. Tried it out, and SUCCESS! Since I ripped out that blue LED that let me know when it was on, I had to get out a digital camera to see if the IR LEDs were on, which in a way added to the fun. Keep in mind to only strip that added wire just enough to make the solder connection...I stripped too much, and the first time I put everything back together the bare wire contacted somewhere to complete the circuit I was trying to bypass, so I had to wrap with electrical tape and put it together a second time.

Maybe the best part about this is that I didn't do any modifications that would keep it from working wirelessly either.

So, if you're just a little too far away from the tv to use the OEM sensor bar effectively and you don't want to have to deal with the inconveniences of a wireless sensor bar I'd recommend doing this. The tools/materials you'd need are a tri-wing screwdriver (or just clip the wire on the outside of the OEM sensor bar), a soldering iron, a little solder, some wire, and a wire stripper (the wireless and OEM sensor bars too, but that goes without saying). I can also put up pictures for reference if anybody needs them.