Nintendo Wii

Smoke

I have no idea what you just described.

However, I believe Psyclone makes a rechargeable sensor bar.

lol, oops, sorry. My post may have only made sense to me :P.

Basically, what I'm saying in the post is that I bought a Nyko Wireless Sensor Bar (supposed to be the best currently available sensor bar), and wired it back up to the Wii so I could have a stronger sensor bar and not have to manually turn it on/off or change batteries. I just wrote up what I did to perform this modification in case anybody else had interest in doing a similar thing.

Some Mario Kart Wii news from http://wii.ign.com/articles/849/849925p1.html:

With Smash Bros. at last out (in Japan, at least), Nintendo appears to have penciled in Mario Kart as its next big title. We're assuming that much, considering the unexpected blowout on the game in the latest issue of Famitsu.

The Wii installment of the cart racer that started it all looks like it's going to have lots of variety. Famitsu reveals a total of 32 courses, with 16 remakes of old courses, and 16 completely new courses. New courses include Mario Circuit, Momo Country, Kinopio Factory, DK Snowboard Cross, Coconuts Mall, Kinoko Canyon, and Luigi Circuit.

Some of these courses will put a new feature of the karts to use: mid-air tricks! Karts and bikes are both capable of performing actions and tricks in the air. Get a trick just right, and your cart will perform a dash upon landing.

In addition to a ton of content, Mario Kart Wii will have some serious multiplayer options. The game will include Wi-Fi based play for up to 12 players. You'll be able to select to play against players from throughout the world, players in your country, and players on your friend list.

As part of the new network mode, Nintendo will be making use of the Wii's Channel interface in yet another unique way. We're not sure of the specifics, but it seems that you'll be able to install a Mario Kart Channel to your Wii hub to view world rankings as well as your own records.

Going along with the Wi-Fi multiplayer play, Nintendo will be giving players a means of customizing the game. You'll be able to make your very own Mii ride a bike or kart, adding that bit of you to online races.

The online mode will also expand the single player fun. The game will offer downloadable ghost data, so you can play against some of the best players.

Not big on the whole internet thing? In addition to the Wi-Fi play, the game will also let players play together the old fashioned way: through split screen for up to four.

With this Famitsu blowout just hitting Japan, we expect the Nintendo marketing machine to start getting into gear and remind everyone why Mario Kart is so great. If, as a part of that initiative, we get a chance to sample the Wii installment in advance, you can be sure we'll let you know.

I'm not too thrilled about the mid-air tricks (SSX anyone?) but I'm happy to hear you'll be able to use your Mii to race.

By the way, people, I borrowed No More Heroes from my friend and it does NOT suck. In fact, it's a ton of fun.

The controls are really fun to execute, the power ups are really cool, and the game has tons of style (very similar to Kill Bill). There's also a crazy randomness to it, such as batting baseballs back at enemies.

It reminds me of the games of the old days, when you could have a game about a cheeseburger who saves the world from cyborg ninjas and it would sell 2,000,000 copies. So, if you're a fan of the old school style and brawling action, please get this game. I seriously didn't buy into the hype of this game. I just played it, and I love it.

Also, hearing your character yell 'FUCK YOU BASTARD' while charging his sword and slicing five enemies in half is so liberating. It's a character that I can truly identify with. My only qualms are the graphics are a bit glitchy and the overworld is somewhat meh. Seriously, buy or rent this game.

If anyone needs a game to satisfy their Wii gaming needs until Smash comes out, try Kororinpa Marble Mania as a fun budget title. The easiest way to describe it is the next generation Marble Madness -- and it's amazing. Some of the music is remakes of old arcade game titles! In any case, it's the best $30 game for the Wii right now IMO (unless you prefer Endless Ocean, which I also have thanks to MiamiGuy's recommendation).

I don't know if this is old or not but for any Metroid fans out there I came across this the other day:

Custom Samus Action Figure

2048885547_5c673b5c1f.jpg1349274517_b2ef3bf7c4.jpg

Very awesome. His flickr has more shots: http://www.flickr.com/photos/12421933@N05/

He's made 6 of them and is selling them on ebay. He still has 2 left to sell but it seems they are going for around $500.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=160205144114&Category=348&_trksid=p3907.m29

• 2 weeks later...

Europeans! It would seem you guys are getting Mario Kart and Wii Fit before the US. April 11th and April 25th respectively. It's probably a "sorry" about whatever they plan to do with Brawl.

Meanwhile, for the US, May 19 is the day Wii get Fit. (Hahahaha... that wasn't funny. Sorry, I didn't mean to pun.) While Mario Kart still lives in the lofty world of "Q2".

I hope somebody has a Wii when I head off to Sweden this May. I want to get some Mario Kart action going on.

:-P

Europeans! It would seem you guys are getting Mario Kart and Wii Fit before the US. April 11th and April 25th respectively. It's probably a "sorry" about whatever they plan to do with Brawl.

Meanwhile, for the US, May 19 is the day Wii get Fit. (Hahahaha... that wasn't funny. Sorry, I didn't mean to pun.) While Mario Kart still lives in the lofty world of "Q2".

I hope somebody has a Wii when I head off to Sweden this May. I want to get some Mario Kart action going on.

:-P

wikipedia says april 26th

Have any of you read the most recent Mario Kart info?

First of all, Mario Kart Wii will be 12 player compatible over the internet. Additionally, the game will allow either one or two players per system, so when you jump online, you can play split-screen with a friend and compete.

Grand Prix mode still features the same three different classes of difficulty: 50CC, 100CC, and 150CC, but now there are 11 other racers on the track instead of seven. That's right, it's now a 12-kart competition. Additionally, the game adds a new class of vehicles: motorcycles. Each character has six different vehicles right from the start, three karts and three cycles that alter the character's different racing attributes. In Grand Prix, 50CC races are kart exclusive, 100CC races are motorcycle exclusive. 150CC races allow for the mix of karts and motorcycles.

The player roster will start at 12 drivers. Right from the start the line-up of racers includes: Baby Mario, Baby Peach, Toad, Koopa, Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Princess Peach, Wario, Waluigi, Donkey Kong, and Bowser. Even though there were no "question blocks" that hinted at hidden players, the menu selection seemed kind of "open," which leads us to believe that there are more characters that'll surface as you unlock them. Nintendo did confirm that you'd be able to race as Mii characters, but this was an option that wasn't available during our play session.

For the full article: http://wii.ign.com/articles/852/852952p4.html

wasn't every good video ever made already being lambasted by internet sources even before their release?

FTFY. 10 char

Also, according to the IGN Mario Kart Wii preview, boosting will be done not by steering back and forth like in the DS game, but by how long you can maintain a powerslide. Which is great for me, because that was something I practiced a lot and got pretty damn good at. I actually held powerslides for up to ten seconds depending upon the course and kart.

I suspect that there will be a limit as to how long you can do it before it maxes out, but still...

FTFY. 10 char

Also, according to the IGN Mario Kart Wii preview, boosting will be done not by steering back and forth like in the DS game, but by how long you can maintain a powerslide. Which is great for me, because that was something I practiced a lot and got pretty damn good at. I actually held powerslides for up to ten seconds depending upon the course and kart.

I suspect that there will be a limit as to how long you can do it before it maxes out, but still...

I am not 100% positive on this, but wasn't that how you boosted in Mario kart 64?

Nope, 64 was the game that introduced "Left right left right BOOST!!!" to the series (not to mention fake item boxes, triple items, the banana trail, and the blue shell).

I thought you could boost in the original via the left/right business?

The other 4 were true though, I know THAT much.

What's everyone's opinion about the graphics of Mario Kart Wii? There are some pics where I think the game look really good, example scenery images. Then there are the ones with close ups of the characters and I just go WTF? Why do all the character models look like they were takeing straight from MK DS?

About the graphics, it's said the 16 old circuits won't be as beautiful than the 16 new ones. Pixels ? Old school style ? Nintendo wanted things like this. We know how they like to put old graphics in their games...

Otherwise, I'm really happy to see the Ghost Valley 2 ! (I'd prefer the one but it's really cool)

88sw5.jpg

Oh, and there are more screens here :

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

They should have fucking Mario Galaxy graphics in my opinion. There's a little more detail and more lighting effects over the Gamecube Kart, and that's all I've noticed. But wait until we see it in action then I will give you my true verdict on that. The track designs look awesome for sure.

I am very psyched about Mario Kart Wii. 3X more than Smash Brothers or any other game. The Mario Kart games have brought many people in my life together many times. We've had a good deal of fun summers, drunken arguments, and broken controllers over the Mario Kart series. Even my gf rocks on backseat with double dash. I certainly hope that Wii wheel will allow her to hang with us since she can't ride on my back for this round, which Reggie claimed will be the case.

From what I've read, this looks like the best Mario Kart game ever. Although I am a certified snaker, I'm glad that they've made the turn boost automatic, because this puts the focus back on the action and less on implementing difficult commands that distract from combat and steering.

Mario Kart summer here go. Bring it the fuck on please.

Agreed, the character models are weak. Imagine if they were somewhere near the detail of those in Mario Galaxy. I understand there is a lot more going on in this game (lots of racers and stuff), but look at what EA (yeah I know) did with Medal of Honor Heroes 2.