Nintendo Wii

Smoke

Well whatever happens, I don't think anyone is really going to take the Wii's online too seriously (no matter how much better it may get once it's pay to use) until Nintendo whips out a harddrive peripheral.

I've had a Wii since the beginning of last year, and a 360 since 3 weeks ago. Nintendo is not going to get close to anything resembling XboxLive until they put some actual effort into their online component, and then also supporting that on the client's end (HDDs Plz).

Here's to hoping that whatever they end up doing is worth the time they're spending.

I can't see myself paying to play a wii game online. If it makes friend codes die and voice chat a possibility then that's all well and good. But there's very little coming out on the Wii besides Brawl that i want to play. So hopefully if they're going to revamp the online stuff then there's going to be a shitload of games announced at e3 that take advantage of it.

Man, I was really hoping they'd announce a hard drive for the Wii during GDC...kinda frustrating they didn't given that the Wii Ware debut is just on the horizon. I'd really much rather be able to just buy and download games that interest me than have to budget my memory space (Wii Ware games have got to have some size to them). Maybe they'll make the SD card functionality, well, functional before Wii Ware are available...

I'm assuming you already checked here, but..

From Nintendo's Support site:

Error Code: 97003

Specific Error Code Not Found - General Troubleshooting

* Try adjusting the "Channel" your wireless router broadcasts on. We highly recommend setting your wireless router to either channel 1 or 11. This can potentially increase the download speed. For information on accessing your router's settings, click here to select the brand name and model number of your router (if available).

* Check your router's broadcast settings to find out if it is set to "G", "B", or "Mixed." Mixed typically works best, but try all three to see if it improves the network connection to the Wii console.

* Make sure that any other interfering devices, such as microwaves and cordless phones, are turned off. Wireless keyboards and mice may also cause interference.

I'm assuming you already checked here, but..

From Nintendo's Support site:

Error Code: 97003

Specific Error Code Not Found - General Troubleshooting

* Try adjusting the "Channel" your wireless router broadcasts on. We highly recommend setting your wireless router to either channel 1 or 11. This can potentially increase the download speed. For information on accessing your router's settings, click here to select the brand name and model number of your router (if available).

* Check your router's broadcast settings to find out if it is set to "G", "B", or "Mixed." Mixed typically works best, but try all three to see if it improves the network connection to the Wii console.

* Make sure that any other interfering devices, such as microwaves and cordless phones, are turned off. Wireless keyboards and mice may also cause interference.

Made sure my signal is mixed and changed the channel to 1. Just as an extra precaution, I made sure I had the latest firmware on my router.

Let's see if this works.

wow, I can't wait to text chat. I also can't wait to have a keyboard accessory next to my huge pile of wii accessories that now fill up my coffee table entirely. yeah...can't wait for that.

Well, apparently you can connect any old computer keyboard with a USB cord to the USB port in the back of the Wii.

I've not tried it, but I hear it already works for the Internet Browser and several other channels.

Yup, I'm sure an update could render it useless. Only $20 down the drain, right? :P

Do you know if Nintendo ever had any problems with the original Gamecube Freeloader? If they just let it be then this will be a very good investment for anyone. There is no way I'm waiting 'till next Fall to get SSBB. T__T;

• 2 weeks later...