Nintendo Wii

Smoke

You need to time it well. If you don't just attack rapidly you can continously hit. Though I still have trouble getting the 4 hit reflector combo perfect(usually only make it to 3). If you attack like crazy you seem to lose the ability to do so for a few seconds.

Sure enough, that fixed it...thanks again, man. Now that I'm not swinging around like an idiot, the battles are significantly more enjoyable. The funny thing with getting that 4 hit reflector combo for me is I would either mess up the timing on the 2nd hit or I would get all 4 (at least at the dojo when I purchased it). Great game so far.

After 44 hours, I beat Okami.

Wow, what an incredible game.

Which has made me wonder... Would a sequel to the first one do justice at all..? When you finish the game, you get an ending that both feels as if it truly is an incredible conclusion, yet also hints of the possibility of a continuation.

Which has made me wonder... Would a sequel to the first one do justice at all..? When you finish the game, you get an ending that both feels as if it truly is an incredible conclusion, yet also hints of the possibility of a continuation.

As Clover Studios was shut down by Capcom just after the release of the game, I seriously doubt that it will get a sequel.

As Clover Studios was shut down by Capcom just after the release of the game, I seriously doubt that it will get a sequel.

Old news slowpoke, as I'm more or less referring to "Platinumgames" which before that was formed as "Seeds Inc." possibly continueing it.

Regardless right now, I'd say it's just fine as it is. Expecially since I'm hesitant in a possible lackluster sequel...

I just got Fire Emblem: Path Of Radiance. It's pretty much a Gamecube game, albeit a good one. If any of you guys are looking for a good strategy RPG, this one is top notch. Still, it would've been nice to have some pointer controls. Only a week left until Kart!

I just got Fire Emblem: Path Of Radiance. It's pretty much a Gamecube game, albeit a good one. If any of you guys are looking for a good strategy RPG, this one is top notch. Still, it would've been nice to have some pointer controls. Only a week left until Kart!

Um.

That is because it is a gamecube game.

:razz:

I've already got Okami for the PS2, I don't need two copies. Still, I might just rent sometime and see how it controls.

I remember playing Okami. The visuals were beautiful, the story was so rich and interesting, and I think I loved the music the best, along with it's humor. Issun is a fantastic little sidekick/imp/fairy/bug. His pervy tendencies are a breath of fresh air compared to some of the lackluster little sidekicks *coughnavicough* He likes to talk about Sakuya's boobs more than yelling "HEY! HEY!! LISTEN!" That's something that warms my heart.

Hmm, this is potentially disconcerting new: Retro Studios Lead Designer, Engineer, and Art Director leave the company. Not sure what their future projects will be, but I wonder if they're going to be so atmospheric and engaging without these individuals.

EDIT: Maybe it's just me, but looking at the "artwork redemption" (which, I agree with Effector, it's extremely fitting :P), it's kinda funny that their thumbnail version for the "redesigned original cover art" looks to still have the IGN logo :P.

:? I wonder if the quality of their games will be significantly effected by this.

:|

Well, lets look at history. When Yuji Naka left Sega (or was it Sonic Team, I can't remember), the Sonic series still maintained its quality in its titles, right?

Or when Sakurai left Hal Laboratories, Kirby games still had that ageless charm, didn't they?

:| *Note the inaudible, troubled hint of sarcasm in my voice* :neutral:

Here's hoping Retro Studios never touches another Metroid again. We need a new 2-D one, anyways.

I never heard of any metroid plans from retro after MP3, but I'm sure Nintendo plans on making more metroid, but I think they always said MP3 would be the last MP game.

It's good, too; MP was an experiment that worked, but I think it's time to leave it before Nintendo accidentally maims it.

Plus, if they can't get the atmosphere in it, then they CAN'T DARE to make another one. Atmosphere is what makes the metroid games, the MP ones in particular.