Nintendo Wii

Smoke

I've bought so many Wii games this summer and barely finished ANY of them.

Punch-Out!! - Stuck on Aran Ryan in Title Defense mode.

Excitebots - Played it half to death already, and I STILL need to unlock the Ant, Lizard, Roach, Squid, and Monster Truck vehicles. Online is a blast, though.

World of Goo - I actually finished this one. Used 3 passes throughout the game for particularly annoying levels.

FF4 After Years - I'm at Kaipo.

Megaman 9 - I've only been able to beat Galaxy Man. I suck at this 2D platformer stuff.

Little King's Story - It's still in its shrink wrap.

Wii Sports Resort - I popped it in to give it a try. Surprisingly compelling! Flying around with the plane is currently my favourite thing to do. Basketball is a tiresome pain in single-player. 100-pin bowling = <3.

Startropics 2 Zoda's Revenge - I'm on Chapter 4, the London Sewers right now. The boss is tough, but then the whole game is thanks to the more "free" movement and lack of many bonus weapons.

This isn't even counting all the DS games. Guh... Thank god the job I applied for doesn't begin until mid-september and nothing else I want comes out til then, too.

I've been neglecting my Wii for a while now (mostly because of college, but also because of a lack of funds), and I want to get a new game for it. Not sure what, though. I have Brawl, and I've played Prime 3 and Twilight Princess. I'm thinking about getting Mario Kart, Mario Galaxy, or Excitebots for now, but I'm open to other suggestions. I'm mostly on my own, so any multiplayer would have to also be playable online. Any suggestions?

Get Excitebots if you want a ton of bang for your buck. Granted, that bang is long and needlessly stretched-out (first you must unlock stuff. Then you have to buy that stuff with stars earned from races in single-player and online, but everything is pricey and it'll take a ton of races to buy everything).

Mario Galaxy is a quality title, of course, and a pleasant challenge. Mario Kart is cheap as hell, though that can arguably be part of the appeal. Both Mario Kart and Excitebots have gpretty good online.

If you want a serious timesink that still manages to be fun, I strongly suggest Rune Factory Frontier. It's an addictive action-RPG where fighting is just the crunchy crust to a gooey delicious-flavoured filling of farming, fishing, mining, crafting, marriage, and festivals. Only downside is the micromanagement aspect of maintaining the little spirits on every field map.

The main reason I dislike Mario Sunshine is because of the water pack thingy. I feel that they focused too much on water pack abilities and not enough on Mario himself. In fact the times when I was most happy playing that game was when they took the water pack away.

Additionally (might as well put it in spoiler text lol): Do they expect me to actually feel genuine emotion when the (for the most part) inanimate object dies? "...Mehrio"

Yeah, it was a bad idea to give Bowser a voice as well.

I dunno, maybe I'm being too harsh on the game.

actually apparently my chip is working fine as all my games work except animal crossing

the only reason that was the one i tried was because thats the only game my sister plays and shes the only one that uses the wii (like 8 hours a day)

time to reburn (probably the ios patching i did conflicts with the new firmware)

actually apparently my chip is working fine as all my games work except animal crossing

the only reason that was the one i tried was because thats the only game my sister plays and shes the only one that uses the wii (like 8 hours a day)

time to reburn (probably the ios patching i did conflicts with the new firmware)

It is either the IOS patching, or the fact that the trucha bug has been patched out of the latest updated system menu, so perfect 1:1 backups with a correct signature will still work, but anything that has been scrubbed (or ios patched) and then trucha signed will not work until you have a way of reintroducing the signing bug into the IOS that your system menu uses.

Additionally, I second Dop-IOS (use it on IOS60 or 61... might as well use it on both)

Everyone who has a gold/platinum membership at club nintendo needs to claim their free gift by August 11 2009.

Who here is getting a hat... :<

Haha, I dunno if I'm gonna get the hat or that Punch-Out!! downloadable game...probably the hat, given that I already own Punch-Out!! and all it seems to be is you fight Doc.

EDIT: Unrelated, but, is it just me or do all of the WiiWare projects from Nicalis look amazing? Their Cave Story, Night Game, and Project G all look really great to me.

The football game? Man, my friend and I used to play that all the time! It was an awesome little gem.

But honestly, beyond the old Squeenix stuff, I can't rightly remember too many games from that generation that aren't already on the VC. Well, those and Earthbound, but we're never getting that.