Nintendo Wii

Smoke

That's not real.....is it?

Nah, its not real. :sad:

It's some guy's hopeful design. The actual release will have all 3 games on 1 disk.

In japan they released the old games ported for the wii separately. So they have no trilogy pack at all. It's just a really good mock up. Unfortunately...

Nah, its not real. :sad:

It's some guy's hopeful design. The actual release will have all 3 games on 1 disk.

In japan they released the old games ported for the wii separately. So they have no trilogy pack at all. It's just a really good mock up. Unfortunately...

Someone find this man and demand a high quality release so we can print it out ourselves!

I picked up Wii Sports Resort yesterday.

That game is a lot of fun, and that relieves me. I bought it even though I was hesitant. Wii Motion Plus finally brings the control to the Wii that I was expecting (or maybe just hoping for) when it first came out.

The airplane game is very reminiscent of Pilotwings 64 for me, so I'm loving it. Archery and Swordfighting are my faves, but I was also surprised to enjoy some of the other games that other reviews said were boring, like the canoeing and wakeboarding events. I actually played it for about 6 hours straight yesterday without getting bored. I think I've only done that for 1 hour with the original Wii Sports, so all in all I think it's definitely worth it.

Did anybody try out the WiiWare game NyxQuest (formerly known as Ikarian)? I had been anticipating this game, but won't get a chance to dl/try it for another week or two, and was wondering if anyone had comments about it. IGN's review seemed pretty positive.

I am thinking of selling my Wii... Its been a long since I have touched it... Is there anything coming out that might be worth keeping it for a bit longer?

Well, if you haven't played Little King's Story you are doing yourself a disservice. There's also Muramasa coming out, and a Wii sequel to the DS game Drawn to Life. Hm, what else... Silent Hill Origins, New Super Mario Bros, Tales of... Grace, I think? No More Heroes 2, and a few other games I can't immediately recall.

Also, the Metroid, Mario, and Zelda Bahamut mentioned. So there's lots coming down the line.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a chance to play through some Metroid Prime Trilogy, just landing on Tallon IV. Maybe I'm alone on this, but I'm really not liking this whole "achievments" thing. It really takes me out of the game when whatever achievement pops up. Prime used to feel seemless, and this at least for me is an unwelcome change. At least control-wise it feels great, and the presentation looks better than I had remembered(aside from how blocky some of the textures are).

Well, if you haven't played Little King's Story you are doing yourself a disservice. There's also Muramasa coming out, and a Wii sequel to the DS game Drawn to Life. Hm, what else... Silent Hill Origins, New Super Mario Bros, Tales of... Grace, I think? No More Heroes 2, and a few other games I can't immediately recall.

Also, the Metroid, Mario, and Zelda Bahamut mentioned. So there's lots coming down the line.

And Monster Hunter 3.

It really takes me out of the game when whatever achievement pops up. Prime used to feel seemless, and this at least for me is an unwelcome change.

oh noooo

dude quick check if there's a way to shut them off or disable the notification or something.

if there isn't, i'm still buying this (mainly so I have an excuse to beat Echoes finally), but I'd love to be able to save one of my favorite games of all time from anything that takes away its immersion

You can turn off the achievement messages. I did. It's nice.

Overall I've been impressed with the presentation. Some of the bosses have even been updated a bit (and Flaahgra has the extended PAL version of his theme, thank god).

Also, wave beam homing + ability to aim anywhere on the screen = curving shots around walls. Joy ensues.

You can turn off the achievement messages. I did. It's nice.

Overall I've been impressed with the presentation. Some of the bosses have even been updated a bit (and Flaahgra has the extended PAL version of his theme, thank god).

Also, wave beam homing + ability to aim anywhere on the screen = curving shots around walls. Joy ensues.

That's a relief - thanks! Next time I get a chance to play it some more, definitely turning those off.

I only got to play about 2 hours of it this weekend, and I know this is just pointing out the obvious, but I gotta comment on just how smooth the controls are! Set them to advanced, and it's just perfect.