Nintendo Wii

Smoke

Just looked through this....

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/technology/article7118570.ece

I honestly call bull on this. I don't see Satoru Iwata even saying something like that, "Apple IS THE ENEMY OF THE FUTURE". Sounds like analysts and journalists trying to brew up a war between two companies that don't even have the same principles going for them.

I like this little wrap up over that article...

http://seanmalstrom.wordpress.com/2010/05/07/journalists-and-analysts-are-more-creative-than-the-product-developers/

Are game journalists/analysts so bored they have to start crap now? They've done enough with retarded rants and getting fanboys riled up...

Anyhoo, after doing some spending over the course of time, with Wiiware games and a few VC games, I finally was able to get all the odd-ended 800-wii point leftovers into a nice and manageable 500 wii points. Enough for one good NES game.

Now, you'll say "Wow, actually buying a Wii NES game? You're a tool mr. no emulator!" yeah, I am, but I got the 500 points and I might as well use up the damn stuff.

My current VC-only list for reference:

Megaman 2

Secret of Mana

Castlevania III and IV

Sin and Punishment

Kirby's Dreamland 3

Phantasy Star II (good lord was this a mistake)

Super Metroid

Now, what I'm thinking about runs along the lines of:

Kirby's Adventure

Ninja Gaiden

Blaster Master

Zelda 2

Now, what would you suggest? It doesn't necessarily have to be from those four, but a nice platformer would be ideal. I know Kirby is in that list, and Kirby games are never that hard, but a degree of challenge is always nice.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

a nice platformer

I wouldn't classify Ninja Gaiden nor Zelda 2 as particularly "nice", but you could definitely say they have "a degree of challenge". If by "degree" you mean "buttload", and by "challenge" you mean "this game is ridiculous". Having beaten both, I can say that I highly recommend either. But I think Ninja Gaiden was better. Only get Zelda 2 if you have a lot of free time. And patience.

Alternatively, Megaman 9 and 10 is a good investment of Wii points.

I listed off only my VC games; I said in the post I only have 500 to spare.

I've beaten 9 and 10 anyway, lol. 10 on hard mode, too.

I think I'mma rule Zelda II out, because I HAVE played that a lot before, just never beaten it. Probably just better for me to go to VirtualNES or something for that one.

I'm still holding out a little on Kirby's Adventure, because I know that that will be fun if anything. But then again, Ninja Gaiden is fun too...

My personal favourite in that list is Kirby.

I don't know if you have played it before so I will warn you that nightmare

in dreamland for gba is a remake of this game.

if you own or have played nightmare in dreamland a lot you aren't missing anything.

Zelda 2 would be my second choice...

I never bought Nightmare in Dreamland because enough people who are big gamers tell me it's pretty shoddy compared to the original.

Having played both, I can tell you that the original has a certain charm lacking in the GBA port. But you get to play as Metaknight there, which was amazing.

Still, I prefer the original game, and if you like a challenge, try to find all of the secrets without any help -- it'll take you a while.

I'm a big gamer and I can tell you that's pretty much BS. Nightmare in Dreamland is jawesome. Anyone who says otherwise can GET OUT OF MY FACE.

Agreed. Nightmare in Dreamland is basically the same thing with smoother controls and nicer graphics. I still play the original for nostalgia's sake, though. Kirby's Adventure is my favorite NES title by far.

From what I've heard from my pals on other forums, it's stuff like the removal of the rotating Butter Buildings and other such things that's annoying in Nightmare in Dreamland.

Oh yeah, they did remove the rotating building, now you just kind of wait for the door to appear.

I think the charm people say isn't captured in the remake is just nostalgia getting in the way, the gba version is almost identical when it comes to level design, and the updated visuals and audio look fantastic on the gba.

That isn't to say your wii points shouldn't be spent on the original, as already stated the game really pushes the nes hardware, the only downside is it suffers from frequent slowdown.