Nintendo Wii

Smoke

Has anyone else noticed something? Even some of the most insane, hardcore Wii/Nintendo fans.. are praising at least one other, non-Nintendo system this generation. Hell, I think I've seen a certain holograph fetishist posting positively in the 360 thread. ;)

Naturally, it IS the 360 that most of the Wii owners who are considering another system, are looking at, since the 360 didn't make moves to rip off Nintendo in.. well, every area. But still, that any other company would actually be getting love from a seemingly growing portion of Nintendo's fanbase seems almost ludicrous, compared to how things have been in previous wars. o.o

While I do hesitate to go off-topic, I have to agree with the general idea here. "Wii60" has gone from a cute little play on words to something that even fanboys on both sides are talking about. Anyone that followed the big three at E3 2006 might remember that's where the idea began. Sony and MS both made their own little puns, Sony with "PSWii". Both saw that Nintendo was in a position to take a fairly significant chunk of the market with their new system. I saw the "Wii60" and "PSWii" comments at the time as signs of uncertainty and early damage control. Now, I see how "PSWii" is not going to happen (the price issue, plus the inherent fanboy hate between the Sony and Nintendo camps), and how "Wii60" is more and more likely for more and more people.

You're right, the way the factions have split and aligned this generation is odd...

In my case I find Microsoft has really improved their image in the past year. They really seem to be out to satisfy the consumer unlike a certain other corporation, and they do online really well. Most importantly, the 360 and Wii can coexist in the marketplace. :]

I think I'll always be anti-Sony though. I hate hate hate their business philosophy and practices.

Rub it in whydoncha? I can't even get a single TGFX game because I'm in Australia and they're not released for VC down here.

I'm writing a big rant about it as we speak.

I want R-Type and Super Star Soldier DAMNIT!!

Looks like I've still got reason for emulation. GG Nintendo.

You can easy. Just go to Wii settings and change your country of residence. Then go to the shop channel and download away. You won't lose any data. <(^_^)>

So, for those of you who have a Wii, now that you've had time with the controls, even without the motion controls, how do you find the controller to be?

I find it to be one of the most comfortable designs ever, just because of the whole split design. Being able to move my arms around naturally while playing, even without it being to control the game, just makes it feel so much easier for endurance gaming sessions, since my arms and wrists don't start to cramp up so much.

You can easy. Just go to Wii settings and change your country of residence. Then go to the shop channel and download away. You won't lose any data. <(^_^)>

That seems way too easy as a work-around. Shouldn't be a little more difficult as they can see what kind of access to the internet you're using, like where your IP is from?

So, for those of you who have a Wii, now that you've had time with the controls, even without the motion controls, how do you find the controller to be?

I find it to be one of the most comfortable designs ever, just because of the whole split design. Being able to move my arms around naturally while playing, even without it being to control the game, just makes it feel so much easier for endurance gaming sessions, since my arms and wrists don't start to cramp up so much.

I agree completely. And the wireless revolution for all the consoles has reunited me with my couch.:)

One can hope. It would take one of those few self-proclaimed "perfect" games and improve upon it.

And a bit OT, but has anyone noticed that the boards seem.. a lot less active, since the upgrade? Or is that just in gendesc and it's a lot more active everywhere else?

.....what?

I think OCR just has slow periods throughout the day.

Hey people. I haven't been here in a while, and I don't have anything important to say. I clocked 27 hours on Zelda and had eleven hearts, half the poes, and half the bugs. A buddy of mine spent 15 minutes playing Zelda, and erased my quest. Boohoo. Yeah, it sucks. I'll start over eventually. I guess it will be fun, because I'll know exactly what to do to halfway through the game and my progress will be faster. (Can't wait for a full-on speedrun)

So, does anyone think the Donkey Kong Country games will make it to VC? I heard Nintendo had to make a lot of alterations to port DKC3 to Gameboy Advance, because of Rare's partial ownership (now owned by Microsoft, which you probably knew but I'm writing it down just in case)

And what about Killer Instinct?

Anyway, I'm gonna break out the SNES and make a run through the first two until then.

You have to go into the Shop channel to download it.

Thanks.

I believe Baseball will be the first VC title I buy. I dun care how crappy it is, that is the most hilarious game ever made. I love how the outfielders run right up on the ball and simply stop sometimes. That's entertainment beyond quality.

EDIT: OMG, my Wii has been on the "Connecting. Please Wait..." screen for the past 10 minutes! I can't even shut it off! I might have to unplug it.

Hey people. I haven't been here in a while, and I don't have anything important to say. I clocked 27 hours on Zelda and had eleven hearts, half the poes, and half the bugs. A buddy of mine spent 15 minutes playing Zelda, and erased my quest. Boohoo. Yeah, it sucks. I'll start over eventually. I guess it will be fun, because I'll know exactly what to do to halfway through the game and my progress will be faster. (Can't wait for a full-on speedrun)

So, does anyone think the Donkey Kong Country games will make it to VC? I heard Nintendo had to make a lot of alterations to port DKC3 to Gameboy Advance, because of Rare's partial ownership (now owned by Microsoft, which you probably knew but I'm writing it down just in case)

And what about Killer Instinct?

Anyway, I'm gonna break out the SNES and make a run through the first two until then.

Europe has Donkey Kong Country for the VC. Scratch that, I have DKC for the VC.

Hell yeah. We're also getting WarioWare on the 12th.

Thanks.

I believe Baseball will be the first VC title I buy. I dun care how crappy it is, that is the most hilarious game ever made. I love how the outfielders run right up on the ball and simply stop sometimes. That's entertainment beyond quality.

EDIT: OMG, my Wii has been on the "Connecting. Please Wait..." screen for the past 10 minutes! I can't even shut it off! I might have to unplug it.

I did that once. It doesn't hurt the console, don't worry.

Thanks.

I had the same freak out on Christmas Day - my Wii had been connecting forever and we were getting ready to leave town... luckily it finished before we left.

But yes! Baseball - way back when my church youth group had a arcade machine with a bunch of NES games on it (some weird setup... MM3 and Baseball were perennial favorites) and the hilarity of Baseball-madness owned.

Has anyone noticed how warm the Wii gets when its just sitting there in standby?

Yeah, the whole first week i had my wii i had it in standby mode because i didn't realise you could hold the button down to turn it off. Mine got so hot that when i took my SD card out it was almost too hot to touch. So i turn it off now, the wii connect 24 hours thing seems like bullshit if the system gets that hot.